countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools
Profile for onespeedreed > Reviews

Content by onespeedreed

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

onespeedreed

Page: 1 | 2
14K Yellow Gold Natural Mystic Topaz 3-stone Ring Cushion 8x6mm Diamond Accent, size 9
Offered by Sabrina Silver Canada
Price: CDN$ 624.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive ring., July 21 2016
Diamonds are a little smaller than they show up in the photos. Other than that, the wife loves the ring. Shipping was very fast. Can't say whether it's good value or not. We have not had the ring appraised locally. I don't really care - happy wife happy life.

Acer Chromebook 11.6" Laptop (Intel Celeron, 4GB DDR3, 16GB SSD)
Acer Chromebook 11.6" Laptop (Intel Celeron, 4GB DDR3, 16GB SSD)
Offered by Memory house
Price: CDN$ 261.27
17 used & new from CDN$ 242.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality for the price., June 11 2016
I recently bought his&hers chromebooks elsewhere. Mine are the 131 models but appear to have identical specs to these. I cannot say enough good things about these little laptops.
Great sound quality listening to my music over the built-in speakers. It is rare to have decent speakers on a cheap laptop. The display is decent for watching movies and videos on the go. The microphone is excellent for voice and video calls which was my primary need.
One must remember this is not a full blown Operating System. It will provide all the primary needs with apps and extentions. I am running lubuntu via crouton for more options but find I rarely, if ever, need to use it.
Android Playstore apps are coming to these machines this year. This is a real game changer which will blow a hole in the tablet market. Why buy a tablet when you can buy a full blown laptop for under $250.00?
Jump on one of these before the masses catch on to the tremendous bargain.

Lenovo N21 80MG0001US 11.6-Inch Laptop
Lenovo N21 80MG0001US 11.6-Inch Laptop
Offered by Mikes Computer Shop
Price: CDN$ 199.99
22 used & new from CDN$ 199.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad little laptop., June 4 2016
I had just bought the comparable Acer model. I liked it so much I decided to give it to the wife and buy the Lenovo for myself. I chose the Lenovo because it was a few dollars cheaper, same ram, same power, and advertised as more durable.
It arrived well packaged and fast. I did not think the build quality was that robust. A little slimmer than the Acer. I was pretty pleased overall till I tried google voice and skype. The microphone was no where near the clarity or volume of the Acer. I decided to return it as voice communications were most important. I also noticed the keyboard was not as responsive as it should be with having to press keys twice to get a response, occasionally. Still a good machine for the money.
This machine will run linux just fine using Crouton or Chrx. Skype works fine in linux on these machines. I normally wipe out the proprietary OS and use Linux but with Playstore coming to these things I'm thinking these machines will rock.

Casio Men's W800H-1AV Classic Digital Sport Watch
Casio Men's W800H-1AV Classic Digital Sport Watch
Price: CDN$ 23.33
21 used & new from CDN$ 23.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Good work and play watch., June 2 2016
Great cheap watch. I am far sighted but can still read the display. The watch band will fit those with huge wrists. This watch has a low profile and not huge like so many watches sold today. Its a rugged watch. Don't worry about showers or swimming. This thing is water tight. The buttons are a little exposed but I rarely experience any issues. It keeps great time.

Magnasonic Professional Ultrasonic Polishing Jewelry Cleaner Machine for Cleaning Eyeglasses, Watches, Rings, Necklaces, Coins, Razors, Dentures, Combs, Tools, Parts, Instruments (CD2800)
Offered by ShopTronics
Price: CDN$ 38.99
9 used & new from CDN$ 38.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that great., April 14 2015
Nothing special here. Wife has to run her jewelry through it several times to see improvement. This is not the same as jewelry stores use.
We have had it several years and it still works anyways.

BV Bicycle Super Bright Pollywog LED Safety Light Set
BV Bicycle Super Bright Pollywog LED Safety Light Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Safety at a small price., April 14 2015
Great little lights! They are small but powerful. Easy to attach and remove. Drivers look puzzled when I ride by and give me a wide berth. I left one on all night and it still flashes brightly. Great value and no complaints.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and bright little lights., April 14 2015
Nice and bright little lights. Not huge and will fit on a congested handlebar. Goes a long time on a charge. I use mine on low power on city streets. High power would be great for dark trails. There is a flashing setting too if you want to be very visible during daylight. Good value and no cons I can think of.

OPTIMUS H-5210 IR QUARTZ RADIANT HEATER
OPTIMUS H-5210 IR QUARTZ RADIANT HEATER

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little heaters., Nov. 11 2013
These are distributed under a few different names. I have two. Well worth the price.

They are durable, well built, quiet, efficient, and cheap.
They sure seem to throw a lot of heat considering they only use 800 watts on high.
They produce a nice sun-like glow and heat.
Did I mention they were quiet?

Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Lens
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Lens
Price: CDN$ 229.00
20 used & new from CDN$ 211.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine, Nov. 11 2013
Good lens. Arrived well packaged. Arrived fast. My D5200 with this lens makes for incredible low light shooting.

Whoever said these were refurbished or reconditioned was wrong. Mine was brand new.

InstantComfort Infrared Heater
InstantComfort Infrared Heater
6 used & new from CDN$ 173.91

2.0 out of 5 stars hugely overpriced but not a bad heater, Nov. 11 2013
Bought one of these from a big box store the other day for $90 bucks after taxes. Took it back the next day.

Same trouble others have reported with unreliable thermostat. I never could get it to cycle on and off properly.

Turn it on, put it on high. Throws hot air immediately. It will heat an area quite fast. Nice radiant heat like the sun. The fan gets it out there nicely. I've tried a few heaters recently up to $180 and this one is best for heat output and circulation. Yes I know 5200 btu is the standard output for any 1500 watt heater. I wonder how many are actually tested for output? You would think if they are UL or CSA approved they would be.

Unfortunately, it fails in several areas.

Build quality is flimsy and cheap.
Fan is too loud.
Thermostat is useless.
It is bright on low and hurtful to look at on high.
Most importantly, it is way too expensive. It really is only worth around $40 equipped the way it is.

It would be fine in situations where you don't care about the noise or brightness, and you need constant output at 900 or 1500 watts.

This thing could have been a real winner if it had a good thermostat and a quieter fan. I could live with the 'sunshine' mainly because its therapeutic in the winter. Price would still have to be lower.

I see where there is another model with digital controls at the bottom. Maybe its ok.

I have two little infrared radiant heaters(cheap) on the go now. No fans, no thermostats, well built, and switchable between 400 and 800 watts. I used one of them constantly last winter. They seem very efficient but not quick heat. I've given up on the other high priced junk out there.

Page: 1 | 2