ARRAY(0xbfab3144)

Profile for Mocha > Reviews

Content by Mocha

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Mocha

Blood Trinity: Book 1 in the Belador Series
Blood Trinity: Book 1 in the Belador Series
by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.49
87 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Gah! What?, May 31 2011
I bought the book a few days ago, enticed by the excerpt. I thought this sounded interesting and a little different than all the others. This is my second Sherrilyn Kenyon book purchase, and though I did not remember my first purchase (Aleron) to be very good, I thought I'd give this one a try. Well... I'm confused, is all I can say. I actually went to the SK website to check the book chronology because this book actually reads like it's a sequel, full of "inside information" I dont understand. I also have to say I am growing somewhat tired of these strong-willed-but-deep-down-oversensitive women with their only-I-can-touch-you-and-make-you-feel-Alpha men. Overdone much? And that's just the beginning. The sheer number of characters is staggering, plus the spelling of names makes me stumble everytime, especially the heroïne "Evalle" (E-val-ley? or E-val? or Eva-ahl?), come on! Many characters are under-developped and what you do know of their story is not original (ok, I read a lot, but still). The story is somewhat rushed here and there, it's pace uneven. This whole book seems like a melting pot of threads without the tapestry (unless its an abstract tapestry). I actually skimmed a couple of pages. This is no Jim Butcher, Karen Marie Moning, or Ian Irvine. Sorry, authors, but I think your editors dropped the ball here.