march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry
Profile for Ali > Reviews

Content by Ali

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Ali "armedwithjello" (Toronto, ON, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Channel Master CM-3414 4-Port Distribution Amplifier for Cable and Antenna Signal
Price: CDN$ 45.59
10 used & new from CDN$ 45.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product if you know how to use it, Nov. 21 2015
I am a professional antenna installer. This is an excellent distribution amp, but it has a specific purpose. If you attach a TV before the splitter and your signal is very strong, then this amp will be good for keeping that strong signal to all of your TVs if you install it instead of the splitter. However, if you attach you TV before the splitter and your signal is weak, this item won't help you. You would require a preamplifier.

If you need a pre-amp, Channel Master makes those well too. If you live in an urban area, opt for the 7778 as it will not amplify so much of the interference in the air from cell phone towers, wifi signals, etc. If you live in a more rural area, use the 7777 as it is a stronger apmlifier, and since you won't have so many sources of interference this will be better for you.

Digiwave 360 Degree Super 8 Bay HDTV Antenna
Digiwave 360 Degree Super 8 Bay HDTV Antenna
Price: CDN$ 111.51
8 used & new from CDN$ 99.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't stay put, Nov. 21 2015
I am a professional antenna installer. While this model gets decent reception, the placement of the hinge in the middle of the cross bars means it moves VERY easily in the wind. It will not hold its position for long, and no amount of tightening of the nuts will stop the hinge from moving. I prefer the Focus 180HD as a bidirectional antenna.

Woods 4907 25-Foot 4-Outlets Extension Cord Reel and Circuit Breaker
Woods 4907 25-Foot 4-Outlets Extension Cord Reel and Circuit Breaker
Price: CDN$ 38.20
11 used & new from CDN$ 33.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, but occasionally jams as I'm rolling it ..., Sept. 13 2015
Very handy, but occasionally jams as I'm rolling it up. Also it's not very rugged as the yellow facing had a chunk break off when it fell out of the trunk of our car onto the ground. The last one we had lasted many years longer before the cable itself got damaged.

DEWALT DD5060 Impact Drilling Set, 10-Piece
DEWALT DD5060 Impact Drilling Set, 10-Piece
Price: CDN$ 69.99
8 used & new from CDN$ 69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the higher price tag, Sept. 13 2015
I bought a set at Canadian Tire that fell apart very quickly.These ones are far better quality. We use them daily in our business, and after several months of use they are still sharp and useful.

Giraffes? Giraffes!
Giraffes? Giraffes!
by Doris Haggis-on-Whey
Price: CDN$ 25.50
18 used & new from CDN$ 21.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp!, Sept. 13 2015
This review is from: Giraffes? Giraffes! (Hardcover)
This book is a scream! It takes quite some time to read through as they have packed so much bullsh*t into such a small package. My only complaint is that the pages are ridiculously sharp, and I sustained many very bad papercuts while turning its pages. So just be careful not to bleed to heavily on the pages.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars so handy!, Sept. 17 2013
Bought two of these, on for my Blackberry Z10 and one for my bf's Note. We can each get 2 full charges out of a pack. Charges faster. Than any other charger we have. Fits easily in purse or pocket. I can keep mine in my purse and charge when convenient. We let a friend try it out, and he was amazed. His exact words were "What is this sorcery?!"

The only thing lacking is a wall plug, but you can buy one on here for like $10. For now I just charge the pack off my laptop overnight. Very happy with my purchase.

Windows Anytime Upgrade Windows Home Premium to Pro 7 English Upgrade
Windows Anytime Upgrade Windows Home Premium to Pro 7 English Upgrade

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, Sept. 9 2013
Got this upgrade for work, but didn't find any huge benefit over Home Premium. Glad the boss paid for it.

PORTABLE GPS HOLDER Friction DASH Pad MOUNT for Garmin, TomTom, Magellan GPS & More!

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK, Sept. 9 2013
Bought this because my GPS holder kept falling off the windshield. This is quite bulky and I found it falls off my dashboard too easily. Might be better with a rubber grip pad of some sort under it. Ended up solving my GPS problem by using eyelash glue to glue the suction cup to the glass. It no longer fell off, and the stuff peels off without damaging the cup or the glass if you want to remove it.

Miss Lina's Ballerinas
Miss Lina's Ballerinas
by Grace Maccarone
Price: CDN$ 18.42
52 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, Sept. 9 2013
This review is from: Miss Lina's Ballerinas (Hardcover)
Bought this for a friend's little girl who is named Lina. She loves it! Very cute rhyming and counting book. One of a series.

You are a Cat!
You are a Cat!
by Sherwin Tjia
Price: CDN$ 15.50
24 used & new from CDN$ 8.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Original!, Sept. 9 2013
This review is from: You are a Cat! (Paperback)
This harkens back to my childhood with the choose-your-own-adventure books. It is not a book for kids, as some scenarios result in bad things happening. However, there are also lots of scenes of cuddling and eating and napping that round it out.

Page: 1 | 2