Profile for Kristina > Reviews

Content by Kristina

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Kristina (Skopje, Macedonia)

Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights
Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights
Price: CDN$ 9.49
30 used & new from CDN$ 4.00

1.0 out of 5 stars It's 1956, Cuba, not 2004 the Bronx!!!!, April 7 2004
What was the point of the modern day music???!?! Is it just profit nowadays? Let's get the hiphoppers and make some money! I am entirely disappointed from the producer's decision to make such an inapropriate mix. Maybe a different time music worked for Moulin Rouge, but that was tasteful. The movie is a cinematic thrill, in spite of the usuall bla,bla,bla dialogue, banal plotlines. It's worth seeing it just for the dancing and the locations. that's wat I expected exept the music. I thought it was going to be something genuine as the music in mambo kings, but apparently we're not doing arty stuff anymore - they don't sell much, so we're selling out, instead. I guess since it's pretty much PG stuff, the kids are targeted for the soundtrack, and since they'll buy anything popular and not care if they like hip hop( not a valid music genire since it hardly has music) we're stuck with these boring latinazed hip hop beats. but,maybe go see the movie and enjoy the scenery and definitly DO NOT buy the soundtrack!

Death and the Dervish
Death and the Dervish
by Mesa Selimovic
Price: CDN$ 19.59
29 used & new from CDN$ 16.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary Masterpiece, April 28 2002
This review is from: Death and the Dervish (Paperback)
This is not a book that can be a bestseller. It doesn't come to that. This is a deeply philosophical book about life. It's easy to get confused by the title and the author's name that this is a book about the muslim religion. That is wrong and superficial. Yes, muslim religion is used as a starting point but basic life existencial questions and dilemas that are beautifully put here are the core of the book and that has no immediate relation to any perticular religion. I have read this book and it is deep, emotional and relly honest. It is full of wonderful quotes which I often go back to. If you get passed the firs three chapters - you will read the whole book and know what I am saying. It's one of those books that are like a bible in your library. It's something you will think about long after you've read it.

Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain
Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain
Price: CDN$ 14.95
26 used & new from CDN$ 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars simply wonderful, Feb. 23 2002
I have seen the movie twice and I adore it. And the music blend with the movie. They work magicaly together. I have noticed the music tunes during the movie and I couldn't wait to get my hands on the soundtrack, and unlike some movies when you like the on-screen music and then you get disappointed when you listen to the soundtrack, this one just kept getting better and better.
Yann Tiersen did a beautiful job. A real master piece.

Ocean's Eleven
Ocean's Eleven
Price: CDN$ 9.79
39 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad at all, Jan. 30 2002
This review is from: Ocean's Eleven (Audio CD)
Well to tell you the truth, I don't know what is it with soundtracks not including all of the songs you hear in the film.
In this one, I was perticulary looking forward to hearing the song when george Clooney is stepping out of prison. The same one is on the trailer. But, it's just not there. The rest of the soundtrack, featuers some very good tunes. It's fun it's lively but after hearing some of them for more than once, they are increadibly boring. So, all in all, I don't think that is worth bying it. You can benefit more by just renting the film one more time. And ergarding the movie dialogue in the soundtrack, I usually would have no objections, most of the time it's fun to listen to some laughs again, but this time it's simply too much. Half of the dialogues are boring and not fun at all or they are too long. In the end I'd like to say that beside two or three tracks, the rest is not worth the trouble of listening.