Profile for Martine > Reviews

Content by Martine

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Martine "MC" (Montreal)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Lady Day Best Of
Lady Day Best Of
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 29.95
7 used & new from CDN$ 24.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, just great!, Jan. 30 2010
This review is from: Lady Day Best Of (Audio CD)
If you are not a Billy holiday fan & would like to discover her music, I strongly recommend this compilation. I have to admit that the recordings could be better, but overall, Billy holiday is a great timeless artist that needs to be remembered. Ageless!

Back To Black
Back To Black
Price: CDN$ 12.00
26 used & new from CDN$ 2.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Does not get any better than this!, Jan. 30 2010
This review is from: Back To Black (Audio CD)
When I purchase the album over 2 years ago, I said to myslef that this artist & CD would not be remembered. I was completely wrong! One of my best purchase till this day. It is a classic that you will still listen in 10 years from now. Just hope she will still be around to make more great music! She is a phenominal artist!

Motley Crue: The Dirt - Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band
Motley Crue: The Dirt - Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band
by Tommy Lee
Price: CDN$ 15.67
55 used & new from CDN$ 1.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Best rock write I read in the past 5 years, Jan. 30 2010
Nothing more to add then the other reviews because this book is simply the bomb! Very graffic, great story telling. it is really a complete story/guide on Motley Crue from their first struggling days till today. Easy to read & enough images at center of book. If you read a lot of rock bios you will notice that other rock bios such as Slash & Aerosmith concure & complement many stories from the dirt. Don't need to be a fan to read this book.

The Sound of Madness
The Sound of Madness
Price: CDN$ 10.00
29 used & new from CDN$ 6.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive!, Jan. 30 2010
This review is from: The Sound of Madness (Audio CD)
When I first heard the song on the radio second chance, I automatically bough the album. But to my great surprise... the other songs are just as great & powerfull if not to say even better. I really recommend this album as it played in my car for many months & still love it today. The power voice of the singer, the great solo guitars... all is great!

La Roux
La Roux
Price: CDN$ 11.99
19 used & new from CDN$ 2.38

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, Jan. 30 2010
This review is from: La Roux (Audio CD)
This is a fun light beat album, but feels a little empty at times. We get a vibe from the pop dance culture of the 80's! I enjoyed all their songs & can't wait for their next album. Good futur for this UK based singer!

We Started Nothing
We Started Nothing
Price: CDN$ 9.49
40 used & new from CDN$ 1.46

3.0 out of 5 stars They really started nothing!, Jan. 30 2010
This review is from: We Started Nothing (Audio CD)
Fun easy light beats but too bad to say, all sounds the same on this album. If you like 1 song, you will like them all. But after only 3 weeks, the CD went back to the CD rack & has been there ever since. It's too bad, they have potential of a lot more....

The Boy Who Knew Too Much
The Boy Who Knew Too Much
Price: CDN$ 14.71
29 used & new from CDN$ 3.47

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than life in cartoon motion, Jan. 30 2010
I bought his first CD life in cartoon motion, but unfortunately got bored a little fast. I find the second CD is a little less upbeat than the first one, but still cannot give it more than 3 stars. Same problem here, I like the hits on the radio, but the rest of the album is not representative of our first glimps. I adore Mika & cannot wait to give him a 5... Maybe next album!

Music For Men
Music For Men
Price: CDN$ 9.31
28 used & new from CDN$ 2.27

5.0 out of 5 stars wow wow wow!!!! every day!!!! REFRESHING!!!!!, Jan. 30 2010
This review is from: Music For Men (Audio CD)
I bought this CD when I first heard the song heavy cross on the radio. But wow! Now heavy cross is the least of my favorite songs on this album. I enjoy this album from A to Z. It does not grow on you, it's simply one of the best albums I have bought in over a year! Buy it today! I made my friends listen to this album & they all bough it!
I call it a mix of motown/strokes/blues + amaxing guitar & rythm with a female power voice.

Allure of Beauty: Women in Hollywood
Allure of Beauty: Women in Hollywood
by Karen Durbin
Price: CDN$ 34.65
11 used & new from CDN$ 34.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice illustrations, Jan. 30 2010
Coffee book table reference. You will not learn anything from this book, but the illustrations are fantastic, very nice work from photographers. Money wisely spend if you like to look at images. If you need more information on the stars or the photographers... you might not want to purchase this item. Get it when price is very low.

In And Out Of Control
In And Out Of Control
Price: CDN$ 16.55
16 used & new from CDN$ 11.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it!, Jan. 30 2010
This review is from: In And Out Of Control (Audio CD)
I was browsing throug a music store & this CD was playing during my purchase... I bought it on the spot. A mix of grunge/zen/underground band. I really enjoy it. Nice new discovery!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12