biss boutiques-francophones Learn more Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno vpcflyout
Profile for Adam > Reviews

Content by Adam
Top Reviewer Ranking: 726

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Adam (Saskatoon, SK)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Hot New 1 Hard Oxide Aluminum Key Holder Organizer Clip Folder Keychain EDC Pocket Tool

1.0 out of 5 stars My Two Cents..., Jan. 8 2016
Do not buy this item! The first thing I noticed about the product is that you cannot fit standard keys on one side of the device. The peg on one side is approximately 4 mm while the other side measures at about 8 mm. The product pictures look like you can get normal keys on both sides.

Additionally (and subsequently the reason why I strongly caution against this product), the screws that keep the device together always seems a little loose. I had to keep tightening them. And eventually, the screw came clear off the one side with all my keys and I nearly lost one. Of course, the screw is small and impossible to find in any environment where there is not a bare floor.

Splatoon - Wii U
Splatoon - Wii U
Price: CDN$ 69.96
20 used & new from CDN$ 55.00

4.0 out of 5 stars My Two Cents..., Oct. 20 2015
This review is from: Splatoon - Wii U (Video Game)
Fast, Colorful and Fun!!!
I received Splatoon in October (2015) and I have to say I am impressed! While the game has some problems, the overall impression is that it is a fast, very fun and colorful game anyone can pick up and play.
The Good: Colorful! This game's main premise is that you play as a human/squid being on a squad of 4 trying to paint more of the arena your color than the opponents team. The combat is about as family friendly as you can get for a shooter game in that you don't get "killed," rather, you get "splatted" and respawn and keep on going. Weapon selection is great and suitable for a variety of playing styles. There are rapid fire blasters, charge up style shooters, Gatling style guns, and even paint rollers for great ground coverage and pretty much a one hit knock out in melee range. The single playing campaign is quite fun and works great as a tutorial for learning the game and its own unique quirks.
The Bad: Matching! When you go to play a general game, there is no matching system. When you start, you are level 1 and you can just as easily be matched against a level 50 opponent (the highest level I have come across yet) in a game. The differences in skill level become apparent quickly. However, even when matched against these much more experienced players, you can still hold your own with a bit of luck, knowledge of your weapon's strengths and weaknesses, and a really good team to back you up. There is no penalty for losing, and the rounds are quick enough that you will have a hard time putting the game down. But easily the most frustrating part of the game is how there is no balance to who you are matched against.
Even still, I heartily give this game a huge thumbs up and would recommend it to anyone looking to have a great time playing on their WiiU.

15 Pack Compatible Canon Canon 250 , Canon 251 , CLI-251 , CLI-251XL , PGI-250 , PGI-250XL 3 Small Black, 3 Cyan, 3 Magenta, 3 Yellow, 3 Big Black for use with Canon PIXMA MG5420, PIXMA MG5422, PIXMA MG5520, PIXMA MG5522, PIXMA MG6320, PIXMA MG6420, PIXMA MG7120, PIXMA MX722, PIXMA MX922, PIXMA iP7220, PIXMA iP8720, PIXMA iX6820. Ink Cartridges for inkjet printers. CLI-251BK , CLI-251C , CLI-251M , CLI-251XLBK , CLI-251XLC , CLI-251XLM , CLI-251XLY , CLI-251Y , PGI-250BK , PGI-250XLBK © Zulu In
Offered by Zulu Inks (GST REGISTERED. A CANADA COMPANY)
Price: CDN$ 35.00

4.0 out of 5 stars My Two Cents..., March 10 2015
I've just received these inks in the mail and I have to say that I am impressed. I was cautious about buying third party inks for my Canon printer, but so far things have been great. The price is way better than what Canon inks retail for. Delivery was surprisingly fast. While I noticed that some of the other reviewers complained about some ink mess when installing into their printers, I had no such trouble. Just simply keep your hands away from where the ink comes out and you are golden. I will definitely be looking at these inks again when I need more.

Trim Healthy Mama
Trim Healthy Mama
by Pearl P. Barrett
Price: CDN$ 40.68
28 used & new from CDN$ 28.76

3.0 out of 5 stars My Two Cents..., Oct. 15 2014
This review is from: Trim Healthy Mama (Paperback)
It is painfully obvious that the authors never intended for a man to read their book... but this aside, the principles described are intriguing. The recipes are interesting.
The book describes a diet plan designed to give a person freedom to eat fat which has been demonized for far too long. As such, this is much more of a diet book than a cook book. So keep this in mind when you consider this book. The principles have the potential to lose weight, although it is quite daunting to begin this process. This is because the biggest downfall to the plan are the specialized ingredients. They will go on and on about glucomannan powder and how incredible it is and useful for all sorts of things and it is featured in many of their "yummy" recipes. However, you must purchase it online. They also strongly recommend a steady diet of Salmon... which can be quite expensive. You won't be eating a lot of bread... in fact the only bread they recommend are either special and expensive breads not readily available in all regions, or their own recipes which are glorified pancakes.
I give it a thumbs up, but a hesitant one because of the specialized ingredients and the expense behind some of the other more ordinary ones.

RINGKE DELIGHT® Moto G Flip Case with FREE Ultimate Clear Plus Screen Protector [NAVY] Best Selling Premium PU Saffiano Leather Standing View Diary Case Cover ID / Card Slot Flip Cover Wallet Case for Google Motorola Moto G
Offered by Ringke Official

3.0 out of 5 stars My Two Cents..., Oct. 15 2014
A nice phone cover/case for an affordable phone. It's durable, protects my phone and can even hold a card or two plus some cash. The slot that lets you see the indicator LED on the screen is a bit too narrow to properly see the light, but this is a very minor.

Asus R9270X-DC2T-2GD5 Graphics Cards R9270X-DC2T-2GD5
Asus R9270X-DC2T-2GD5 Graphics Cards R9270X-DC2T-2GD5
18 used & new from CDN$ 456.38

4.0 out of 5 stars My Two Cents..., Oct. 15 2014
Great graphics card for the budget minded gamer! I've had it the better part of a year and it runs everything fabulously.

Ooma Telo (Discontinued by Manufacturer) - Free Home Phone Service (VoIP) - Canadian Version
Price: CDN$ 147.14

3.0 out of 5 stars My Two Cents..., June 3 2014
Pretty good... but I don't know if I regret it yet.

I've had the Ooma Telo for a few months now and I'm generally happy with it. Other than the initial cost of the device, the monthly fees are definitely saving me a bunch of money on my phone bill.

With regards to how well it works, it's alright. The call quality sounds good, but there is a very noticeable delay when you are trying to talk with someone else. Some times I notice this more than others, but it is pretty much always there and it can make conversations slightly annoying.

There was a bit of a blip in porting my landline number over to the Ooma. We went through the porting process (which takes a couple of weeks by the way) and had the number on our device. However, we were never able to set it up as our main number until our "Premier" trial ended and they cancelled the second number... which happened to be the number we paid to port over. You would figure they would make the ported number the main number. But anyways, it was resolved fairly quickly through their online help and we now have our old number as our main number. I guess the moral of the story is that if you have problems with the device, don't be shy of going to their website for help as they are very helpful.

If I had it to do over again, would I do everything the same? No. I would probably get the device, but I wouldn't have cancelled my main land line. Instead, I would have dropped the overpriced long distance plan and used the Ooma exclusively as a long distance phone... and maybe a secondary line, and kept the main land line as our main everyday local use phone.

Star Wars: The Wrath of Darth Maul
Star Wars: The Wrath of Darth Maul
by Ryder Windham
Price: CDN$ 17.09
20 used & new from CDN$ 16.02

4.0 out of 5 stars My Two Cents..., March 4 2014
A surprisingly well written story!!!

When I found this book on sale at my son's school book sale, I picked it up because I am an avid fan of Star Wars novels. Thinking it would be a kids book, I didn't have super high expectations. However, now that I am reading it, it is surprisingly well written!
The story tells the tale of Darth Maul and follows in detail his upbringing as a Sith Apprentice. You see the brutality of Darth Sidious's training regimen, the equally brutal Darth Maul rising to each challenge. And you are fully engaged the whole time. You will want to keep turning the pages as you step into this book. It belongs in the Star Wars Expanded Universe canon.

I give this a hearty thumbs up!

Just Dance 2014 Bilingual - Wii U
Just Dance 2014 Bilingual - Wii U
Offered by GBAGlobal
Price: CDN$ 13.45
13 used & new from CDN$ 12.27

4.0 out of 5 stars My Two Cents..., Feb. 28 2014
A lot of fun and a great work out at the same time!

This is another installment in the Just Dance line up of games. Don't expect much different from previous versions, except new songs of course.
There are several modes to each song. In a nut shell, you can do it the regular way, the exercise version, or even compete against others over the internet.

The songs are what you would expect, many popular favorites spanning time and cultures... even a movie sound track or two! However, buyers need to be aware that some of the songs have suggestive content as well as some mild profanity. There are several songs we don't exactly want our kids to be listening to as we play this game.

It is a very good game, and great for parties as up to 4 people can play simultaneously, even following different avatars for what amounts to doing a well choreographed group dance!

If you like Just Dance, then this is a great game! I still say that Just Dance has killed DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) and with volumes like this, it has pretty much replaced it through and through.

Scoundrels: Star Wars (Star Wars - Legends)
Scoundrels: Star Wars (Star Wars - Legends)
Offered by Random House Canada, Incorp.
Price: CDN$ 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars My Two Cents..., Jan. 22 2014
An exciting page turner of an adventure staring some favorite Star Wars Characters... and sets the tone for what happens in Empire Strikes Back.

This book is set between Star Wars Episode 4 and 5 (A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back) and stars our smuggling favorites Han Solo, Chewbacca and Lando Calrisian, as well as an assortment of other underhanded criminals hired to perform a heist (like the Italian Job) by a mysterious benefactor. There are no jedi, there is very little reference to the rebellion, and other familiar characters from the Expanded Universe are not in great abundance (there are a few, but mostly these are new characters so far as I know).

As the story progresses, you get a good feel for each stage of the heist and the work that goes into it. You see the competing factions at play... namely our rag tag band of thieves, the Black Sun organization and even the Empire. There are a few elements to the story that will keep you guessing, but nothing overwhelming. Even the big reveal at the end of who the "benefactor" was that hired the crew kind of leaves you wondering why Zahn didn't focus on him more.

Overall, I think this is a good book, but not Zahn's greatest contribution to the Star Wars Universe. As this is set in an already established timeline, it is difficult to create new story with out stepping on the toes of what has already been established. Zahn does a decent job of balancing out these factors. And it does kind of give a hint at the tension between Han and Lando that was introduced in Empire Strikes Back. As such, I do give this book a thumbs up and recommend you pick up a copy. Zahn still proves that he is one of the best authors currently writing for the Star Wars Universe.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10