Profile for Sam L > Reviews

Content by Sam L

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Sam L "Sam" (Deserts New Mexico)

AWAKENED IMAGINATION
AWAKENED IMAGINATION
by NEVILLE
Price: CDN$ 11.28
19 used & new from CDN$ 2.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended for Christians, Jan. 14 2001
This review is from: AWAKENED IMAGINATION (Paperback)
If you are a Christian seeking a way to achieve your goals, good old-fashioned prayer and Bible reading and Bible study is the answer, not Neville. First, he makes it plain that Jesus was not a real person. In fact, Neville states that no one in the Bible is a real person and none of the events of the Bible really took place. Neville believes the Bible was written by advanced persons who lived in ancient Greece as a method of showing lesser developed people (us) how our imaging faculty works. Then, he goes on to use biblical stories to illustrate his methods. Basically, Neville wants you to make an idol of whatever state you want and then to so thoroughly identify with that state that it has to come forth, but the method used is basically one of black magic. I applied these methods in my own life and not only that, like Eve, I got my husband to do so also. Nothing came forth for us as God governs our lives. We did, however, gain a valuable lesson in what not to do. Please, please, if you believe in God, pray to Him for what you want or need and let Him provide it for you, the right way. God's way, not Neville's way.

CO AYTCH
CO AYTCH
by Sam R. Watkins
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting Civil War drama, great stories, Sept. 23 2000
This review is from: CO AYTCH (Mass Market Paperback)
I can't put this book down. Great stories by a great story teller who also proves to be a decent human being. The best first person account of the Civil War from the perspective of a ``private'' in the Confederate Army of the South.

Eat Right 4 Your Type: The Individualized Diet Solution
Eat Right 4 Your Type: The Individualized Diet Solution
by Dr. Peter J. D'Adamo
Price: CDN$ 19.44
137 used & new from CDN$ 0.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me headed in the right direction, Aug. 31 2000
I recall reading a number of contradictory reviews of this book when I purchased it. I am the daughter of a Registered Nurse and this book has definitely helped me. I never could figure out how to lose the fat my body seemed to put on around the middle, until I read this book ... that my body could not digest meat, therefore, it was stored as fat .... Ah ha! I have now gone to a total vegetarian diet. But this book got me headed in the right direction. I can't state how much weight I've lost since I don't weight myself. But I have lost many inches around the middle and now fit into clothes that once didn't fit. Plus I feel better. I notice that my food digests much quicker. I actually awaken with an empty stomach, something that didn't occur when I used to eat meat. I have the usual Type A immune problemts, colds on occasion, etc. But I've always had that, and this book gives suggestions on supplements good for me. So cool it out there!!!