Profile for Rodrigo Medina > Reviews

Content by Rodrigo Medina

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Rodrigo Medina (Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro Brazil)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
All That You Can't Leave Behind
All That You Can't Leave Behind
Price: CDN$ 13.38
86 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars just like the old times, Dec 7 2000
"All that you can't leave behind" will be a remarkable CD in U2 career. After trying a new style with "Pop", U2 comes back to their sucessful formula of rock pop, and better than ever. I really love this album and the more I listen to it, the more I find out how good it is. I will review my favorites tracks.
"Beautiful day", the first single, leaves me speachless. It's the perfect combination of pop & rock, at the same time perfect for radios. Bono's voice is very clear in this track, and it's great.
"Walk on" is my favorite, showing the band's concern on social causes. The lyrics are simple, but deep at the same time, remembering the world that military government still exists, and how devastating it can be. The lyrics make reference to Burma, a place in Asia where children and women are explored, and in which a woman called Ang Lee, the leader of the freedom movement, is kept in home prision for over two years. This is very touching and Bono says "walk on, what you got they can't steal it", to make people think about this. In spite of all the repression and violence, there's still hope, love, understanding.
"Elevation" brings an eletric guitar. The lyrics are not as good as the other tracks, but it is still a song that makes you feel good.
"Stuck in a moment" is a fine track as well. It is related to a problematic relationship and shows that sometimes you can live this same situation, being stuck in a moment, without the possibility to move on.
The other tracks are good as well, specially "Grace" and "New York". It is surely an album you must have!
U2 spent a week in Rio, making promotional stuff and shooting scenes for "walk on" video. Sometimes I do not believe they were in a beach hotel, here in my block, and I did not manage to see them!!!

Kina
Kina
Offered by CAMusicFiendz
Price: CDN$ 22.92
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Kina is a great singer!, Nov. 29 2000
This review is from: Kina (Audio CD)
What can I say about KINA? She is a new artist, with a very powerful voice and everytime I see her I remember Whitney Houston. This album is really great and everyone should purchase it. It was not released in Brazil, but I imported it a month ago and since then I've listined to this CD nonstop."Girl from the gutter" is a surprise,and makes KINA be compared to Alanis Morissette, considering the agressive lyrics and the need to show herself to the public eye. "Have a cry" is a fine track as well, with good lyrics. "Me" is a song for fun, but has interesting lyrics, which make you think about the image you have yourself and improve it, if you feel down sometimes. "I love you" is a romantic tune and her voice is very clear in this track. These are my comments and I really wish KINA has a long career in US.

Songs From Ally Mcbeal Featuri
Songs From Ally Mcbeal Featuri
Price: CDN$ 17.34
53 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, Nov. 25 2000
I bought this CD in 1998, but until today I had not written a review about it. I'm a fan of Ally Mcbeal and this first soundtrack of the show is certainly the best one. Vonda Shepard is a gifted and brilliant singer and I've become her fan as well after I saw her performing in the show. "Searchin my soul", the opening theme, is incredible and good to be listened when you're feeling blue, because you immediatly connect it to calista flockart. "Hooked on a feeling", the 70's hit recorded by Vonda, became more powerful in her voice and even more funny because of ally's dancing baby (only fans will understand). "It's in his kiss" is a very joyfull song and, since Cher first recorded it, no one dared to make another version (I actually appreciate Vonda's). There are also romantic themes in this soundtrack, such as "I only want to be with you", "the end of the world", which makes you think about people who have come and gone in your life.
I must say that I love all the 14 tracks and I really recommend this CD, not only for ally mcbeal's fans, but also for all those people who have a taste for good music.

Black And Blue
Black And Blue
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 21.61
25 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Backstreet is back, alright, Nov. 24 2000
This review is from: Black And Blue (Audio CD)
This CD is, for sure, different from "Millenium" and more similar to "No strings attached" from N'Sync. All the songs have R&B elements, and the lyrics seem more mature. Anyway, it's the Backstreet Boys back again. "Shape of my heart" is one of their best songs of all times, especially because of the lyrics. "The call" is also interesting and reminds me Destiny's Child. Among the balads, the best is "It's true". This CD will surely be another success. First, because is from BSB, and second because of their well succedeed tour promotion, which visited several countries, including Brazil. We had thousands of fans here, from the rest of latin america, to see them perform some acapella songs in a beach hotel, and it certainly increased the sales.

Forever
Forever
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 22.95
27 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Is it Forever?, Nov. 23 2000
This review is from: Forever (Audio CD)
Since "Spiceworld", spice girl's career has changed a lot. All the girls developed their own successful solo albums, especially Mel C, who has done a great job during the group vacation. Anyway, I have the feeling spice girls will not last forever. This album is different from everything they did. It's pop music again, but with R&B beat in almost all the tracks. "Holler" is fine, and the video has improved the song! "Let love lead the way" will surely become an instant hit, as soon as it starts playing on the radios around the world. I also love "Goodbye", in spite of the fact that this track was released as a single long before this album came out. "Oxygen" and "right back to ya" are good tracks as well. Is it true that frindship never ends? Let's see...

Passion of Mind (Widescreen)
Passion of Mind (Widescreen)
DVD ~ Demi Moore
Offered by Pink Lady DVD
Price: CDN$ 50.00
5 used & new from CDN$ 18.98

3.0 out of 5 stars I recommend it!, Nov. 14 2000
This review is from: Passion of Mind (Widescreen) (DVD)
Since "Streaptease", Demi Moore has been receiving very negative critics on her performances. Forget about all that and watch this movie, coming to you own conclusions. The plot is original: a woman that has 2 different lives. One, as an executive in books business, in NY, and the other one as a devoted mother in France. The fact is that she does not know which one is real, and which is a dream. She loves both and does not want to give up on them. The film locations in France are simply wonderful and should be seen in DVD quality! I really recommend this movie!

Music
Music
Price: CDN$ 10.03
75 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, Nov. 14 2000
This review is from: Music (Audio CD)
MUSIC is the kind of CD which has to be listened thousands of times to be fully appreciated. Once again, Madonna shows us a new style,with very well produced songs. Besides "Music", you can also find "Amazing", which is very similar do "beautiful stranger, and "Gone", with powerful lyrics about learning to love and letting go. "Don't tell me", the second single from this album, is perfect, with its acoustic guitar and madonna's vocal. If you're looking for something new, this is your CD!

Picking Up the Pieces (Widescreen)
Picking Up the Pieces (Widescreen)
DVD ~ Woody Allen
Offered by OMydeals
Price: CDN$ 100.89
4 used & new from CDN$ 27.78

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so bad, Nov. 11 2000
Before I watched this movie, I read very negative critics about it, but I decided to check it anyway,mainly because of Woody Allen.
This movie was not made to be taken serious. It's a crazy comedy, with lots of surreal elements and an absurd plot. It's a story about a butcher who kills his wife, picking her to pieces. Accidentaly, he looses her hand, which is later found by a mexican bind woman, who believes she's cured by a miracle. Then, the news are spread, and the whole city of El Nino believes in the power of this hand.
It may seem stupid, but it is actually a critic to fanatic people, who start believing in everything they see. The cast was well chosen. David Schwimmer plays a priest who is in love with a whore (shocking, isn't it?), proving that he can do more than Ross (Friends). Woody is funny and neurotic as always,and it makes the movie worth your money.
Of course, this is not the best film you'll ever see, but it is funny in a certain way.

V1 Collectors Series
V1 Collectors Series
Price: CDN$ 9.49
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Pure marketing, Nov. 5 2000
This review is from: V1 Collectors Series (Audio CD)
I like Celine Dion and I have all her american albums, but I'm not interested in this one. Since Celine is not working this year, Sony decided to release this CD, but there's nothing very new. Most part of the songs are taken from her previous albums, and perhaps the best song is "power of the dream" from the olympic games of 96 (unreleased track). I hope the other volumes of this collection are better!

Whitney: The Greatest Hits
Whitney: The Greatest Hits
DVD ~ Whitney Houston
Price: CDN$ 11.99
31 used & new from CDN$ 7.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Whitney is a legend!, Nov. 5 2000
This review is from: Whitney: The Greatest Hits (DVD)
This DVD is a celebration of Whitney Houston sucess. I must say I like her a lot, though I'm not fanatic for her. The videos are well chosen, especially those form "Bodyguard". Surely, some of her videos are missing in this release --Shoop, Shoop song, It's not right (dance version) etc. The special area is very interesting, showing live performances of Whitney and exclusive interviews. I enjoyed the photo section for the greatest hits CD cover, the interview with Clive Davis and her live performance of "My love is your love"in Germany. If you like Whitney, you must have this DVD!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10