Profile for B. Legge > Reviews

Content by B. Legge

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

B. Legge (Newfoundland, Canada)

Psychedelic Pill
Psychedelic Pill
Price: CDN$ 17.99
45 used & new from CDN$ 6.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, Jan. 7 2013
This review is from: Psychedelic Pill (Audio CD)
First: I have all Neil Young material since the Buffalo Springfield period and before. I heard him in concert two nights in a row a couple years ago. He was excellent. I have defended against critics his various phases throughout the years.
Second: I have just listened to the first cut on Psychedelic Pill..... "I'm Drifting Back ..all 27:32 minutes of it. I have stopped playing the disc and will not listen to the rest of the disc or the second one until sometime in the distant future.
He is not "drifting back"...he is "drifting ahead" into senility.
It is a 3- 4 minute cut at the most of some of his weakest material...it keeps on repeating boring silly lyrics and monotonous music.
It is a 27:32 minute ego trip by a musician who believes he can do anything and his devotees will rejoice.

Unfortunately I have purchased it for my son as well...I hope it doesn't turn him from Young.

Harmony
Harmony
Price: CDN$ 9.99
27 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunate deviation., Dec 31 2012
This review is from: Harmony (Audio CD)
I have all of Ryder's discs. Her strength is her unique husky blues voice.
Unfortunately she has taken bad advice and produced a "pop" disc.
In her new world she has moved away from her strength and sounds no better than the average
generic female "pop" singer.
After suffering through one listening, I have given the disc to my eleven year old niece.

An  Interesting Narrative of the Travels of James Bruce, Esq. Into Abyssinia, to Discover the Source of the Nile. Abridged from the Original Work. the
An Interesting Narrative of the Travels of James Bruce, Esq. Into Abyssinia, to Discover the Source of the Nile. Abridged from the Original Work. the
by James Bruce
Price: CDN$ 37.03
8 used & new from CDN$ 31.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreadable, Sept. 12 2012
Do not order this book. Amazon should not be selling these editions. They are a scam.
Forty (40%) of the print is totally unreadable. The scanning process looks like it was done on an old, cheap scanner and the operator was drunk and could not care less as long as he was paid. The 60% which I classify as readable would require so much concentration to pick out the words that the reader would lose track of what he is reading.
What is worse is that from experience returning a product to Amazon is disconcerting ...they make it a hazzle and you have to pay for return postage even if it is their fault.

Fortunately these are the only two problems I have ever had with Amazon.