Profile for carlo zaccaro > Reviews

Content by carlo zaccaro

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

carlo zaccaro (Italy)

Uncle Charlie A/H Dog Teddy
Uncle Charlie A/H Dog Teddy
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 15.62
21 used & new from CDN$ 7.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Uncle Charlie and his dog Teddy, June 4 2004
Those who don't have this record simply don't know what they're missing. I mail-ordered it after checking some reviews: I was interested in the Country-rock phenomenon, I liked the Eagles but I knew there was more to the genre than that. I was rewarded with this magnificent album: each single player seems transfixed by the lightning of inspiration, the music is great and brilliantly executed, Hanna's singing captures the spirit of the whole project. This simply IS Country-rock: banjo, harmonica and accordion fluttering in and out between the dusty guitars and the rusty percussions. The rythmic patterns change from song to song, some instrumental afterthoughts thrown in here and there show to the full the extrordinary skills of the band, both as composers and performers. You just can't sit still as you play the record: you sing along, dance the fast-paced rockers, enjoy the soulful ballads. It's a wonderful record, everytime I listen to it I am moved beyond tears. Everybody who has a decent record collection absolutely has to have Uncle Charlie!