Profile for Jess > Reviews

Content by Jess

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Jess "E" (kentucky)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Music Of A Sinking Occasion
Music Of A Sinking Occasion
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 117.21
5 used & new from CDN$ 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Chicago, March 1 2001
This album has chicago written all over it kid and I can almost smell lakeview highschool and everyhting else when i'm listening.

Dog in the Sand
Dog in the Sand
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 32.95
4 used & new from CDN$ 21.81

2.0 out of 5 stars Hang on to your ego., March 1 2001
This review is from: Dog in the Sand (Audio CD)
Boredom is the name of frank black's game , and i'm not sure why he has chosen a musical direction that he has absolutely no grasp of. For some musicians stripping everything down is an adequate direction, but for black francis it reveals absolutely nothing. pop music was always his package and punk was merely the delivery label. as a punk rocker , hes absolutely, and i would say very much intentionally, awful but otherwise hes something of a genius.

Melody Of Certain Damaged Lemo
Melody Of Certain Damaged Lemo
Price: CDN$ 18.11
18 used & new from CDN$ 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars secret cigarette i forget, March 1 2001
I was very stand-offish about Blonde redhead because i was under the impression that there sound was very calculated and derivative. I was wrong this album is very organic and creative and ready to take america by storm,that is if america listened to cool music.

3 used & new from CDN$ 19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Whoomp there it is!, Feb. 12 2001
This review is from: Schindlers List (VHS Tape)
I was looking over schindler's list and i noticed that he forgot to add fran drescher to his worst dressed. Mr. schindler i think your losing it, although I think i'm with you on the gown that shelley long wore to the Grammys, don't go there girlfriend!

Dream That Stuff Was Made Of
Dream That Stuff Was Made Of
Offered by beauwar
Price: CDN$ 9.00
7 used & new from CDN$ 3.73

1.0 out of 5 stars DeeRibatibve., Oct. 24 2000
This stuff trys way too hard and it stinks. hey lets sound quirky! ok. Hey lets sound like built to spilly! ok. man were rock visionaries! yeah we are. From what I understand they are from Norman ok, and just for that there credebility should be placed under inspection.

Shall We Dance
Shall We Dance
4 used & new from CDN$ 4.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Haunting., Oct. 24 2000
This review is from: Shall We Dance (VHS Tape)
Its like watching ghosts. This film was made a long long time ago, and that in itself is reason to see this film.

Before Sunrise
Before Sunrise
5 used & new from CDN$ 5.97

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the key youth movies of the 1990's., Oct. 20 2000
This review is from: Before Sunrise (VHS Tape)
There is something quite haunting for me about this rather unassuming film. I remember the first time I saw it, I was 16 and away from home.During that time I had a somewhat unjustifably apathetic view on life and this film was a minor catalyst in turning that viewpoint around. It gave me the impression that life and happiness was a state worth trying to find. I still believe that. I havn't seen this film since then and don't plan on doing so, it marks a point in my life that I don't think i'll ever be able to revisit therefore I'd like to think of this film as a memory of something thats not around anymore, it doesn't exist on videtape but rather in my memories and impressions.

Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace (Spanish Dubbed) [Import]
Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace (Spanish Dubbed) [Import]

1.0 out of 5 stars What ?, Oct. 8 2000
When I first encountered the first, or Im sorry the prequel or whatever it was, some twenty years ago I was enchanted by the somewhat radically unradical notion of the film's premise, simply two men having a conversation over dinner. It was a thoroughly delightful film which stimulated me. But now, I mean I really dont get the spaceships or poorly designed aliens. Louis Malle what were you thinking. I didn't even see Wallace Shawn throughout the entire film.

Saving Private Ryan (Special Limited Edition)
Saving Private Ryan (Special Limited Edition)
DVD ~ Tom Hanks
Price: CDN$ 6.18
43 used & new from CDN$ 2.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh man this is so way cooler than the matrix!, Oct. 8 2000
I think it is safe to assume that this is without a doubt the definitive account on world war 2, without a question. Did I mention that im 13 years old and i like to melt crayons.Stephen Lucas did a fine job with star wars , but this time its historical!

3 used & new from CDN$ 19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Mr.Blackwell eat your heart out., Oct. 8 2000
This review is from: Schindlers List (VHS Tape)
This movie is the most diturbing one in the last millenium. This movie has triumphal motion picture photography, I have half a brain , this movie is the product of that irresistable boy-wonder George Lucas, I am a mindless twit. On the contrary , I was particulary amused by schindler's scathing remarks regarding whoopi goldberg on his worst dressed list, oh you cat meow!However I thought Madonna wasn't that bad, come on she just had a baby, she has to wear baggy clothes, mr. schindler you are absolutely bad. Although I will agree with you on Sharon Stone's wardrobe, she nasty.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11