Profile for arnold10 > Reviews

Content by arnold10

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

"arnold10" (CA United States)

Final Fantasy X - PlayStation 2
Final Fantasy X - PlayStation 2
Offered by marvelio-ca
Price: CDN$ 18.89
30 used & new from CDN$ 8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great graphics, absorbing story, and deep characters!, July 18 2004
Before I played this game, I had heard of the Final Fantasy games from friends and whatnot, but I did not know what was so special about it. Last week, I decided to purchase Final Fantasy X to see for myself. I began playing the game not knowing what to expect - I was greeted with an intro scene of several well-animated characters (who I could only assume I would learn more about them in the game) gathered around a campfire. No sooner had I begun playing did I realize what the game was actually like - the gameplay follows more or less around the story of Tidus, a star player of Blitzball (something like under-water soccer) who is thrust into a world a thousand years into the future following an encounter with Sin (a huge marine creature that harbors smaller creatures atop its body). Tidus meets with numerous characters, most importantly Yuna, a summoner (a sort of magical-religious figure) and helps her on her journey to defeat Sin (which has plagued mankind for the past thousand years). You also meet numerous other characters including Wakka, the captain of the Besaid Aurochs (a blitzball team), Rikku of the Al-Bhed (other-language-speaking race of humans), and Auron (childhood guardian of Tidus). As you progress through the game, you learn of every character's past and present, and their relation to eachother, and the story unfolds. These characters play important roles in the game as well, most prominently in the numerous battles with fiends your party will meet along the way. These battles are fought in a fast, turn-based style and your characters are able to better their skills and learn new abilities. Anyways, this game holds a great story with a huge world and is among the best titles you can own for your ps2.

Cold Mountain (Collector's Edition) (Sous-titres français) [Import]
Cold Mountain (Collector's Edition) (Sous-titres français) [Import]
DVD ~ Jude Law
Offered by gamerudy
Price: CDN$ 12.95
24 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the book... (*SPOILERS*), July 8 2004
I read the book before I saw the movie, and I couldn't help but compare and contrast between the novel by Charles Frazier, and the movie adaptation. I found that the movie followed the same main plot and details of the novel, but that some aspects were changed to adhere more to today's movie-goers' tastes. I'm not sure if I recall correctly, but Im pretty sure that in the novel, the member of Teague's party that killed Inman was depicted as a very aprehensive, young man - in the movie, however, he was depicted as the most evil man you could ever imagine... some albino guy with with pale white skin, ice-cold eyes and some limited facial hair, and having played a significant role in the torture of a woman... Also, I recall that this man killed Inman without harm to himself - in the movie he is killed along with inman... anyways, good movie.