Profile for NewMom1520 > Reviews

Content by NewMom1520

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

NewMom1520 (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Auto Dish Pacs, Free & Clear
Auto Dish Pacs, Free & Clear
Price: CDN$ 5.09
2 used & new from CDN$ 5.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Scent-free natural cleaner, Nov. 10 2014
I like that these are unscented so dishes don't end up tasting and smelling of detergent. The dishes come out clean with this. It is also not damaging to the environment since it is free of phosphates and other toxic chemicals.

American Baby Company 88027 TL Care Organic Cotton Mittens (Natural)
American Baby Company 88027 TL Care Organic Cotton Mittens (Natural)
Price: CDN$ 4.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, Nov. 10 2014
After a few washes the elastic at the wrist gets too loose and so my son is able to remove them. However, they still fit his 5 month old hands so I'm happy. My son likes to suck his hands with these on. Since they are organic cotton I feel ok with him sucking them i.e. he is consuming less toxins.

BabyLegs Organic Socks, Dee, 0-12 Months
BabyLegs Organic Socks, Dee, 0-12 Months
Price: CDN$ 6.90

1.0 out of 5 stars too small, Nov. 10 2014
These are for 0 to 3 months not 0 to 12 months. They can't fit my 5 month old so had to return them.

I Am Small
I Am Small
by Emma Dodd
Price: CDN$ 9.49
48 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Non-affirming, Oct. 30 2014
This review is from: I Am Small (Hardcover)
This book feels like an "I am small" affirmation which isn't very inspiring.

I Love My Hair!
I Love My Hair!
by Natasha Anastasia Tarpley
Price: CDN$ 7.60
39 used & new from CDN$ 0.66

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough, Oct. 30 2014
This review is from: I Love My Hair! (Paperback)
I don't like this book much because it doesn't sufficiently affirm black hair. First the child describes painful combing sessions where she cries while being combed. Then after a few positive pages, the child talks about being teased at school because of her hair. Huh? I can't relate and neither can my 3 year old. Since my child has not been teased about her hair, why would I want to introduce her to this concept? This would cause her to believe that there is something wrong with her hair that warrants being teased about it. After that part, there are more positive things said about the hair but these 2 issues turned me off to the point where I never read this book in its entirety to my 3 year old daughter and want to get rid of it.

Fisher-Price Thomas The Train: Trackmaster Deluxe Expansion Track Pack
Fisher-Price Thomas The Train: Trackmaster Deluxe Expansion Track Pack
Offered by Urban Inspirations
Price: CDN$ 46.05
2 used & new from CDN$ 46.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good., Oct. 30 2014
Bought this to expand my 3 year old daughter's train set. It is great. Lots of pieces. It includes a sample layout. I find the edges of the pieces a bit sharp - both my daughter and I have been scratched by track pieces. The risers don't attach very securely. But it's still great.

Woolzies Lavender 100% Pure Essential Oil
Woolzies Lavender 100% Pure Essential Oil
Offered by Woolzies Natural Fabric Softener
Price: CDN$ 8.17
4 used & new from CDN$ 8.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality oil, Aug. 20 2014
The scent of lavender is so calming.

It's Potty Time - Boys - African American (sound)
It's Potty Time - Boys - African American (sound)
by Smart Kids
Edition: Board book
Price: CDN$ 8.99
18 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Aug. 20 2014
I am very pleased with this book. I bought it for my 2 month old boy and am already reading it to him. It is great to have books like this where kids can see characters that look like them. I also have the girl version for my daughter. The sound made is a toilet flushing sound. The message within will help him become potty trained.

Contours Options LT Tandem - Crimson
Contours Options LT Tandem - Crimson
Offered by BabyEarth ca
Price: CDN$ 364.95
3 used & new from CDN$ 309.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great stroller, Aug. 20 2014
I have a 3 year old and a 2 month old. The stroller has an adapter that takes my chicco keyfit car seat and my 3 year old sits in the front when she doesn't want to walk. So I push the 2 of them along at the same time and it is very easy to do. The stroller provides a smooth ride. The basket at the bottom is the largest I have ever had on any stroller. The wheels are large and so this why the ride is smooth. The brake is a long bar as opposed to a lever over each wheel, making it easier to engage and disengage when wearing sandals. The cup holder does not stay attached but this also happened with my maxi cosi milla single stroller. My husband found it moderately easy to assemble. It folds down pretty compact but takes up most of the space in the back of my compact SUV. I am very pleased with it and am looking forward to trying the other configurations of the seats.

American Baby Company 83150-BL Organic Terry Wash Cloths, 4-Pack (Blue)
American Baby Company 83150-BL Organic Terry Wash Cloths, 4-Pack (Blue)
Price: CDN$ 10.99