ARRAY(0xb1283924)

Profile for NewMom1520 > Reviews

Content by NewMom1520

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

NewMom1520 (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Melissa & Doug African Plains Jigsaw Puzzle (24 Pieces)
Melissa & Doug African Plains Jigsaw Puzzle (24 Pieces)
Price: CDN$ 9.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2 year old loves this puzzle, Jan. 31 2014
Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars :5.0 out of 5 stars
This was my daughter's first 24 piece puzzle. The fact that has wooden pieces and a wooden board within which to build it, is very convenient. She is now a pro at doing it after having it for 2-3 months however she still gets lots of enjoyment out of it.

Why I Love My Daddy Cased Board Book
Why I Love My Daddy Cased Board Book
by Daniel Howarth
Price: CDN$ 11.69
15 used & new from CDN$ 1.15

5.0 out of 5 stars My 15 month old loves this book, Aug. 26 2012
Achat Amazon vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
My 15 month old picks this book up and brings it to me to read to her all the time..even if she struggles to carry it and it is quite heavy for her. She likes the pictures of all the animals. When we get to the page where the words say "I love my daddy because he is funny", she laughs in anticipation of this sentence. When we get to the page where the words say "I love my daddy because he tickles me," she expects me to tickle her and coils up in laughter. This is a great book.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Too noisy, Dec 29 2011
Achat Amazon vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This humidifier is like an old car. It is so noisy! I originally bought it for my baby but bought her a new, quieter one (Crane Adorable 1 Gallon Cool Mist Humidifier, Penguin Shape) and moved this one to our room. I can hear the motor all night and on some occasions have woken up and turned it off. On the positive side, it is easy to fill and operate. I wish it had a humidistat such that one could set the humidity to a particular percentage and it would pump out water until the room got to that point.

A Child's Treasury of Nursery Rhymes
A Child's Treasury of Nursery Rhymes
by Kady MacDonald Denton
Price: CDN$ 11.54
37 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Dec 29 2011
Achat Amazon vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
So far I have only used the Welcome Baby section of the book. It has many familiar nursery rhymes and I now know them all by heart since I have read them to my daughter so many times. I like the fact that it has international rhymes from the Caribbean and Africa. In addition, the CD that comes with the book provides the song versions of many (not all) of the songs. The singer is very good and the way the songs are sung is very catchy. I now know the entire 'Welcome Baby' track by heart since I have played it so much for my daughter. I think each rhyme should have been a separate track on the CD as opposed to way it is - where all the baby songs are on track 1, toddler songs on track 2 etc. I also think all songs and poems should have been included on the CD. The illustrations in the book are at least somewhat diverse i.e. they have drawings of babies of non-white ethnicities, which is much better than the majority of children's books that show people.

Zune 16GB 32 GB Accessories.Premium Black Travel Home AC Charger for Microsof...

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, Dec 29 2011
Achat Amazon vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This product allows my zune to be charged from a power outlet. This eliminates the need to connect it to the computer to charge it. It works great.

The RESP Book: The Simple Guide to Registered Education Savings Plans for Canadians
by Mike Holman
Price: CDN$ 16.36
17 used & new from CDN$ 16.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Thorough and Straight-Forward, Aug. 6 2011
This book clearly and concisely explained the ins and outs of opening an RESP account and getting government grants for education.

The Attachment Parenting Book: A Commonsense Guide to Understanding and Nurturing Your Baby
by William Sears
Price: CDN$ 11.55
42 used & new from CDN$ 6.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, Aug. 1 2011
I borrowed this book from the library because I wanted to know what attachment parenting was. I was pleasantly surprised. This book really helped me understand my newborn (my first child) better and connect with her. I read the book when she was one month old. I wished I had read it before her birth. Once I read it, I implemented the baby b's of attachment parenting and as a result I am enjoying new motherhood so much more. My baby is very content and happy. I highly recommernd this book. This was the first parenting book I read and it was so good that now I shall purchase it for reference at home.

Loving Me
Loving Me
by Angelot Ndongmo

5.0 out of 5 stars positive upliftment for young black girls, June 29 2011
Ce commentaire est de: Loving Me (Paperback)
This book is 100% positive and uplifting for young black girls. It teaches them how to love themselves just the way they are.

Dave Chappelle: For What It's Worth (Sous-titres français)
Dave Chappelle: For What It's Worth (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Dave Chappelle
Offered by M and N Media Canada
Price: CDN$ 47.15
12 used & new from CDN$ 1.49

1.0 out of 5 stars not funny, Dec 26 2010
He seems obsessed with 2 topics and all his 'jokes' centre around these 2 topics. Some of the stuff described isn't even funny - it's just nasty. Sometimes nasty stuff can be funny but in his case the stuff is just too nasty to be funny. There were long periods where I barely chuckled and was just disgusted.

Chris Rock Live: Never Scared
Chris Rock Live: Never Scared
DVD ~ Chris Rock
Price: CDN$ 14.98
25 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars So funny, Dec 26 2010
Ce commentaire est de: Chris Rock Live: Never Scared (DVD)
Chris Rock is extremely funny on this DVD. He covers all sorts of topics from race to politics. This is worth it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6