Profile for celes1 > Reviews

Content by celes1

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

"celes1" (Havre de Grace, Maryland United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Battle Royale
Battle Royale
by Koushun Takami
11 used & new from CDN$ 12.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Addicting, June 11 2004
This review is from: Battle Royale (Paperback)
This is possibly one of the most addicting books I've ever read. I could not put it down! The interesting premise was well executed and I found each of the survival scenarios enthralling. You don't have to be an anime fan to enjoy this book. I'm a bit of a jaded anime fan myself and I loved it to pieces.

Boy Meets Girl
Boy Meets Girl
by Meg Cabot
Price: CDN$ 12.99
85 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as good as The Boy Next Door., June 11 2004
This review is from: Boy Meets Girl (Paperback)
This book loosely ties in with The Boy Next Door but I didn't find it as enjoyable. The characters were fun as ever but I missed the all e-mail format. Switching back and forth between e-mails, diary entries, and recorded interviews didn't make the book feel very fluid. Don't get me wrong, I did like the book. If you liked The Boy Next Door then it's a good idea to pick this one up.

Circus of the Damned
Circus of the Damned
110 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The one that got me hooked, June 11 2004
Looking back many years ago to when I was reading this book for the first time, I think this is the one that got me hooked. This is partly because of the love triangle that is introduced and partly because this is where the series hits it's stride. This installment, more than any other, has the perfect blend of romance and plot. This is one of my favorites in the series and after four or five rereads it's still highly enjoyable.

Dead to the World: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel
Dead to the World: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel
by Charlaine Harris
Price: CDN$ 18.18
51 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as good as the rest of the series., June 11 2004
I always enjoy this series but I didn't like this book quite as much as the others. Sookie's relationship with Eric got on my nerves a bit but I can't really say why without spoiling the entire book. Other than that the book was great. I really liked the sub plot with Sookie's brother. I hope the next book will have something on the Sookie/Bill relationship because that was pretty much ignored in this one.

The Darkening
The Darkening
by Yvonne Navarro
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A must read for Buffy fans, June 11 2004
Finally! A Buffy book that's actually good! I was beginning to doubt that such a thing existed. All of the characters were well written and I didn't even have to roll my eyes once while reading it. The premise was also interesting and well executed. I'd recommend this book to all Buffy fans, even the ones who have given up hope on the books.

The Lunatic Cafe
The Lunatic Cafe
87 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Before Richard got annoying..., June 11 2004
One of the better books in the series. This read through reminded me how much I use to like Richard. It made me feel all nostalgic. Sadly, Richard and the wolves get on my nerves in a big way now but I'll always have the memories. I really liked the mystery(s) in this one and it was great to read about Anita interacting with her cop buddies again. Jean-Claude is kind of scarce in this book which may annoy some of his hard core fans. It's not really a big problem for me.

Summers At Castle Auburn A Novel
Summers At Castle Auburn A Novel
by Sharon Shinn
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm really starting to like Sharon Shinn, June 11 2004
This is such a sweet book. I really enjoyed how the main character changed as she grew up. Her changing views on the people around her gave this coming of age story believability. I also liked the setting. It's was more of a historical setting than a fantasy one but the fantasy element was still there. I enjoyed this book so much I've decided to read anything by Sharon Shinn I can get a hold of.

Shakespeare's Landlord
Shakespeare's Landlord
by Charlaine Harris
9 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting start to the series., June 11 2004
This review is from: Shakespeare's Landlord (Paperback)
Usually the mystery genre isn't really my thing but this book is an exception. The mystery itself wasn't really anything special but the heroine is the most interesting character I've come across in a long time. I can't really say anything more about her without giving too much away. Fans of Charlaine Harris' Southern Vampire series should give this series a try.

Avon True Romance: Nicola And The Viscount
Avon True Romance: Nicola And The Viscount
by Meg Cabot
28 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars It's cute but not as good as Meg's other books., June 11 2004
This one was ok but it wasn't really anything to get excited over. The romantic plot line was a lot like the one in The Princess Diaries which was ok with me. I wanted to smack the heroine a couple of times but I did like the overall plot of the book. It's worth a read if you like Meg Cabot or the Avon True Romance line.

Bloody Bones
Bloody Bones
96 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite, June 11 2004
This is one of my least favorite books in the series. It's not a bad book at all but I just don't like it as much as the others. The fairy sub plot didn't interest me at all and the vampire one wasn't much better. I liked how Anita and Jean-Claude's relationship started to change. I also liked how Larry and Jason got a lot of face time. (Whatever happened to Larry? Did he drop off the face of the earth or something?) Oh well, at least it made up for the lack of Jean-Claude in the previous book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11