Profile for S. McElligott > Reviews

Content by S. McElligott

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

S. McElligott (California)

The Preacher's Wife DVD
The Preacher's Wife DVD
DVD ~ Denzel Washington
Price: CDN$ 6.25
27 used & new from CDN$ 3.10

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Christmas movie!, Dec 4 2002
This review is from: The Preacher's Wife DVD (DVD)
Contrary to what the reviewer that Amazon.com used has to say, I loved this movie. Maybe it's because my love of gospel music. Maybe it's because I'm a hopeless romantic. Whatever the reason, this movie is just one of those "feel good movies" that you can watch over and over and over again. I love Denzel's character and he portrays the angel in such a light hearted way. Whitney Houston does her usual magnificent heavenly music and the supporting cast is great as well. Yes, it's a simple story. But it will be well worth your time to watch it over and over again. If not for the story, then for the music. If you love gospel music, I highly recommend the soundtrack as well. It's wonderful! Do yourself a favor this Christmas, and pick up a copy of this DVD. You won't be disappointed!

Story of Gospel Music, the
Story of Gospel Music, the
3 used & new from CDN$ 178.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful History of Gospel Music, Sept. 10 2001
This wonderful collaborative of the history and song of gospel music was exhilirating. The slaves wrote so much of this music to find their hope and their relationship with God. From Thomas Dorsey to Mahalia Jackson, Aretha Franklin and so many other wonderful gospel singers, you will feel yourself wanting more and more of this video. I was dissapointed when it ended! You won't be sorry to have this in your collection as it is a video you can watch over and over. I borrowed it from my local library and now I plan on purchasing it.