Profile for jlstoon > Reviews

Content by jlstoon

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

jlstoon

KitchenAid KSM120MC Custom Stand Mixer, Metallic Chrome
KitchenAid KSM120MC Custom Stand Mixer, Metallic Chrome
Price: CDN$ 249.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 222.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Game Changer, Feb. 4 2012
This mixer is fantastic, well made, easy to use, easy to clean. But that is what you expect from this product, and not why I gave it a 5 star rating. This mixer has been a game changer for me, I have gone from a person who would make bread once in a blue moon, now I make it ever week. Not only is it quick and easy to make bread, but it turns out great. It also makes quick work of cakes, you can now make an angel food cake from scratch and it is beyond easy. Makes quick work of meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes. I do wish it came with a slightly better cookbook.

Peter Reinhart's Artisan Breads Every Day: Fast and Easy Recipes for World-Class Breads
by Peter Reinhart
Price: CDN$ 23.20
47 used & new from CDN$ 23.19

5.0 out of 5 stars We'll never eat anything but homemade bread again, Feb. 4 2012
I love this book. I am an experienced cook and baker of cakes but have always shied away from making bread. No more, now I bake bread every week. The instructions are very clear, photos illustrate anything you may not know how to do. Lots of interesting recipes and everything comes out great. I really like the method of making the dough and than putting in the frig for up to 4 days. I make the dough on Saturday, bake a fresh loaf on Sunday and another on Wednesday; for 2 people this is perfect and gives us beautiful bread everyday. One of these days I will attempt the croissants, they look a bit daunting, but I think with Peter's instructions and methods I can't fail.