Profile for José Fernandez > Reviews

Content by José Fernandez

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

José Fernandez (Ashburn, VA)

Star Wars: The Han Solo Trilogy: Rebel Dawn: Volume 3
Star Wars: The Han Solo Trilogy: Rebel Dawn: Volume 3
by A.C. Crispin
Edition: Audio Cassette
6 used & new from CDN$ 24.66

5.0 out of 5 stars People make me cry., July 12 2004
Okay, this pertains to the entire Han Solo Trilogy, not just Rebel Dawn. I've noted a couple of similar complaints in negative reviews, some of which I just had to respond to.
Boba Fett, for one thing. One reviewer claimed that Boba Fett should not have been included in the trilogy because the author didn't do her research and had Boba Fett making up that name for himself when we know he was a clone of Jango. First off, these books came out years before Attack of the Clones and the revelation that Boba Fett was a clone. With that in mind, this reviewer would do well to note that Boba Fett used Jaster Mereel, the name of his father's mentor, as an alias while he was a Journeyman Protector on Concord Dawn. Once he was exiled, he went back to being known as Boba Fett. The book states as much. Talk about not doing your research...
Others complained about Bria Tharen usurping Mon Mothma and co. as the founder of the Rebellion. What the heck? Obviously, some people are so desperate to find something to complain about they have no compunctions about, shall we say, "stretching the truth." Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and Garm Bel Iblis were the three MOST IMPORTANT founders of the Rebellion. They headed the largest resistance cells and therefore contributed the most people and materiel to the conflict. They were the founders of the Rebellion. Bria Tharen was one of thousands of founding MEMBERS. Three people can't very well overthrow an empire by themselves, can they? Geesh.
Another complaint I noticed was that the Han Solo of The Paradise Snare was not the Han Solo of A New Hope. Hmmm, well, taking into consideration the fact that said novel takes place TEN YEARS before the movie in question... Well, I just don't know. Draw your own conclusions. Several people around here seem to be very good at doing that...

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic - Xbox
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic - Xbox
18 used & new from CDN$ 24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars HEY! WAKE UP, PEOPLE!, July 12 2004
First off: this game is awesome. Best Star Wars game I've ever played, surpassing even Bounty Hunter, which is saying a lot.
Now, here's the thing that prompted me to write this "review" in the first place. I decided to take a look at some of the less flattering reviews for this game, and what do I find but pages of reviews in which a bunch of [people] neglected to actually rate the game (Number one on the review list, people! Wake up!). What really irked me about this was that a good deal of these no-star reviews were positive, heaping nothing but praise upon this excellent game. Please, prospective reviewers, I beg you, I implore you, RATE THE GAME. Its overall rating is down because of those who neglected to do so.
Yeah, well, anyway, KotOR pwnz j00z. "Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone." Best line in the game. Doesn't that line pwnz j00? I thought so.