Profile for Michael Innes > Reviews

Content by Michael Innes

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Michael Innes (Lethbridge, AB, Canada)

The Omen Machine: A Richard and Kahlan Novel
The Omen Machine: A Richard and Kahlan Novel
by Terry Goodkind
Price: CDN$ 21.91
12 used & new from CDN$ 3.56

3.0 out of 5 stars Terry Goodkind lite, Dec 4 2011
My initial thoughts about the book as I started to read it was that it felt more like a Young Adult novel. I say this for a couple of reasons - first, the chacters were not as complex as in some of his other works. Second, the plot moved fairly quickly as one would expect in a YA novel. The other reason it felt that way was in the text size - large print made the book shorter then it seemed. Comparing it to his other novels, it just feels like Terry Goodkind Lite. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this book even though it may not be Terry Goodkinds best writing.
This book has had a lot of negative reviews, but it has a good story line and sets up the next book or two nicely, even though the ending in very abrupt (Another reason why it feels like Terry Goodkind lite).
I think that the book is worth a read, just keep in mind that it should really be a YA novel.

Giants Come in Different Sizes
Giants Come in Different Sizes
by Jolly Roger Bradfield
Price: CDN$ 20.76
26 used & new from CDN$ 12.91

5.0 out of 5 stars So Many memories, Nov. 22 2011
This book was a family favorite as we were growing up. We wanted to share it with our kids, but finding a copy before the 45 anniversary edition came out it would have cost $$$. Came out at a great time for Christmas gifts.

The illustrations are great in this book - full of colour and makes you feel happy with the sunshine and sad when the gloomy clouds are over the island are killing the hamburger plants.

If you have never read it before and have children at home (or just a child at heart) this is a great book!