Profile for R. Carpenter > Reviews

Content by R. Carpenter

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

R. Carpenter (Annville, PA United States)

Writing Effective Use Cases
Writing Effective Use Cases
by Alistair Cockburn
Price: CDN$ 37.79
36 used & new from CDN$ 4.88

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Will Help, June 20 2004
I had never heard of Use Cases until taking a class in Systems Analysis and Development. So I went to Amazon and did a search for books on Use Cases and saw that this one was rated quite high. I believe I read all the customer reviews. I don't understand how most everyone can give a 5 star rating and one person gives it a 1 star rating.
I must say that this book could make even someone new like me, being new to Use Cases, look good. The Table of Contents makes it easy to find an overall view of Use Case topics and the Index breaks it down in great detail. The book is described by the author as a book that is, "predominately aimed at industry professionals who read and study alone, and is therefore organized as a self-study guide." I like that.
If you are looking for a book for a class, such as the one I took, or just want to look good at work to describe a process, behavioral requirements, or software development, surely this book could help you too.

Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows
Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows
by Stephen W Sagman
17 used & new from CDN$ 0.09

5.0 out of 5 stars The Book for Newbies, Feb. 23 2001
If one is new to the Windows 9x platform, then this is your book. It has many helpful troubleshooting tips and fixes (step-by-step) throughout its pages. If you would like to learn how to "fixit" yourself this book is a great start. It is easy to follow and understand. I cannot say that I didn't learn anything from the book, but (as I stated) it is geared more for the beginner. I gave it a 5 star rating with this in mind.

DOS 6.2 Instant Reference
DOS 6.2 Instant Reference
by Robert M. Thomas
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best to use, Jan. 11 2001
For the novice or the technician, this is the best book to use. I have had this book since '94 and still refer to it today. It is a lot of information on MS-DOS crammed into one book, yet it is small in size (fits nicely in my briefcase).