Profile for Jem > Reviews

Content by Jem

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Jem "South of Nowhere..." (Collingwood, Ontario, Canada)

HomeSpot NFC-enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound System
HomeSpot NFC-enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Sound System
Offered by Mogeeks
Price: CDN$ 41.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A happy customer, July 4 2014
I haven't had a chance to _really_ play around it extensively, but I have used it off and on past couple weekends when doing work around the house and it functions exactly as described. Picks up signal from my Chromebook or smartphone no matter where it is in the house and quality is just as good as it was using an aux cable (granted I'm only using this with a $50+ little portable stereo unit). It's _so_ convenient not having to deal with an aux cable and leaving my phone physical tethered to the radio. Love it. For $30 this little guy gets the job done well, I'm happy and have no complaints.

Collide And Conquer
Collide And Conquer
Price: CDN$ 11.67
21 used & new from CDN$ 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the only "bands" I actually enjoy!, June 11 2013
This review is from: Collide And Conquer (Audio CD)
I feel in love with Hunter Valentine on The Real L World Season 3... and have never stopped loving them. I don't normally listen to ANY "band" kinda of music (I'm an acid techno and trance kind of guy), but there's something about this groups vibe <3

Own all their albums and have seen them play out 2x now in Toronto, last September and this past March for my birthday.

I cannot recommend this band and their albums enough! <3

A Memory of Light
A Memory of Light
by Robert Jordan
Price: CDN$ 25.07
45 used & new from CDN$ 8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT story of Light, June 11 2013
This review is from: A Memory of Light (Hardcover)
I don't really know what to communicate in for a review of this novel. ANYTHING seems deficient....
This was an incredible volume, a truly fitting final chapter for the series.... I could not have been happier.... Period.
The events are bitter sweet, just as it is incredibly bitter sweet to finally see this saga come to a close after so, so many years.... :(

THANK YOU Robert Jordan for creating and bringing us into this world, sharing the Pattern and the Wheel with us... and to Brandon Sanderson for competing it so seamlessly so that none of us were left sadly adrift.... This is series is fantasy at it's HIGHEST!

Walk in the Light. Always.

The Lands of Ice and Fire (A Game of Thrones)
The Lands of Ice and Fire (A Game of Thrones)
by George R.R. Martin
Edition: Poster
Price: CDN$ 27.59
24 used & new from CDN$ 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Any ASOIAF fan must needs purchase this!, June 11 2013
If you're a major ASOIAF fan (or even just an new HBO Game of Thrones fan), you'll want to pick up this "book" of maps. They're HUGE, and awesomely detailed. Just for the "known world" map this is a worthwhile purchase. I've wished to have a completed world map for this universe for many, many years. So happy to have that now to refer to when (re-)reading the books.

I also love the map that outlines the "journeys" of so many POV characters! Very cool idea! Definitely recommend folks.

Belkin CushTop Notebook Stand (Black/Blue)
Belkin CushTop Notebook Stand (Black/Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome laptop rest, June 11 2013
This is a simple, brilliant laptop rest for for when you're sitting on the couch or sitting up in bed. So glad I purchased it.
And I love that it's not "hard plastic" like many laptop rests/stands I see... this one is all foam, nice to the touch, and like the black / navy blue design. Definitely recommend.

Tron Legacy (Enhanced)
Tron Legacy (Enhanced)
Price: CDN$ 10.54
11 used & new from CDN$ 6.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Daft Punk did a wonderful job, May 6 2011
This review is from: Tron Legacy (Enhanced) (Audio CD)
Loved this TRON reboot movie!
Learning that DAFT PUNK would be doing the soundtrack made me love it even more. Fantastic score. Had to own the official CD to listen to.

L'Auberge espagnole
L'Auberge espagnole
DVD ~ Vf DVD
Offered by moviemars-canada
Price: CDN$ 12.27
10 used & new from CDN$ 7.51

4.0 out of 5 stars Merde!, March 28 2006
This review is from: L'Auberge espagnole (DVD)
I LOVE this movie. It's absolutely phenomenal. I saw it in theatre when I lived in Waterloo and FINALLY I've been able to buy it!
That said, I'm ticked off because I didn't know that this version I ordered DID NOT COME WITH SUBTITLES! It's strictly in the spoken languages... no subtitles, no dubbing!
AGH! I'm so annoyed!!! Apparently, if you want the subtitles and dubbing, you must order the version title "The Spanish Apartment"... I really wish I'd known this before. No, I will have to repurchase this DVD, and I cannot return THIS copy since I didn't find out until I popped it into my DVD player! :@ (What a waste of freakin' money this has turned out to be for me! :()
So, BE CAREFUL, to those English purchasers of this DVD - MAKE SURE you get the right version! :whip:
(EDIT: My upset-ness at it not being made more explicitly clear that this version lacked subtitling, is why I gave it 4 Stars instead of 5 Stars.)