Profile for Besil Lucovi > Reviews

Content by Besil Lucovi

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Besil Lucovi (nowhere important)

Ico - PlayStation 2
Ico - PlayStation 2
17 used & new from CDN$ 6.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game., Aug. 3 2004
This review is from: Ico - PlayStation 2 (Video Game)
One of my friends had this game for almost 2 years and I never played it until a few weeks ago becasue I had nothing else to do. I never thought of playing it because it looked like a pretty lame and boring game. But boy, was I so incredibly wrong.
This is my all time favourite game ever created. I've never played a game so intriging and amazingly fun. The puzzles were hard but beatable and the fighting was something unique that I've never seen before.
I can't remember how long it took me to beat Ico but I think it was somewhere around 8 hours. But those were the best 8 hours of my life (I'm not kidding). Why hasn't there been a sequel to this game? I have no frickin idea. Ico was incredible. Instead of focusing on making crappy sequels to crappy games, why not make a sequel to one of, if not thee, greatest game ever made.
Graphics - 9/10
This graphics are some of the best I've ever seen in any game. I don't know why old games like this and the Bouncer have such incredible graphics.
Gameplay - 10/10
What's there to say, the puzzles are amazing, the fighting is unique and fun and don't forget the collection of sweet weapons to use.
Sound - 9/10
The music is... well there isn't any music, save the rare few in cutscnes or the ending theme. But the sound effects make up for the loss of tunes immensely. The sound is perfect, the clashing of metal, the lowering of a bridge, the splashing of water, it all fits in perfectly.
Replay - 4/10
Sadly, the only downfall I can see in this game is the replaying of it. The puzzles lose most of thier lustre the second time through which was the funnest part the first time. Though it still is fun the second time using the secret weapon which I wont mention to spoil those who haven't seen it yet.
Overall, this game is a must and should be bought immediately. Screw renting, go buy now, you don't know what you're missing.

Chaos Legion - PlayStation 2
Chaos Legion - PlayStation 2
Offered by dvdvideogames
Price: CDN$ 75.95
7 used & new from CDN$ 24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome game., Aug. 3 2004
I first heard of this game by playing a demo of it from a playstation magazine. It was awesome and I just had to buy it so when I got my next paycheck, I went out and bought it right away.
At first, the game was pretty hard but eventually I got the hang of it. I beat the game through once on normal mode with Sieg in just under 23 hours. After the first time, I played it through with Arcia on Normal and Hard and then through Hard mode with Sieg. In total I've put about 70 hours into this game in the 2 weeks I've owned it and I'm still playing it.
But trust me, this game isn't for everyone. For me, I love this game and I don't even own Devil May Cry. But my friend majorly hates this game for no aparent reason. I recomend not buying this game, but instead renting it or playing demos at least before you make up your mind. This isn't a game meant to appeal to everyone.
Graphics - 8/10
The character and monster graphics as well as the effects and cinematics are great but the backgrounds are just okay. They are kinda rough and plain so that takes a bit away from the overall graphics.
Gameplay - 8/10
At the start, the game can seem kind of confusing and hard but after you get the controls under wraps, it's a breeze geeting perfect rank on any level.
Sound - 6/10
The music is okay but not that memorable. I can't even remeber a single background song from any level. The sound effects are good though but the ending theme song almost killed me. Whoever even thought of hiring whoever the guy was that sang the song should be shot. Not to mention the singer himself should be shunned from existence.
Replay - 9/10
The game is even funner the second or third time through and playing as Arcia adds even more to the fun. The challenge stays throughout the game so it never loses it's lustre.
Overall, this game is amazing, you should check it out.