Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions
Profile for Carlene Strome > Reviews

Content by Carlene Strome

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Carlene Strome (Aurora, Ont., Canada)

Song to Remember [Import]
Song to Remember [Import]
DVD ~ Paul Muni
Offered by importcds__
Price: CDN$ 19.15
18 used & new from CDN$ 19.13

3.0 out of 5 stars of course I enjoyed it. The audio though could have been better, Feb. 26 2015
This review is from: Song to Remember [Import] (DVD)
Being a fan of Chopin, of course I enjoyed it. The audio though could have been better, lacked clarity, which on my TV never experienced before therefore assume it is the disc.

Man Made God: A Collection of Essays
Man Made God: A Collection of Essays
by Barbara G. Walker
Price: CDN$ 26.90
18 used & new from CDN$ 26.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - "History Book", Feb. 26 2015
This is a must read book by everyone, regardless of religious belief. Barbara Walker does not miss a step in her writing where she so eloquently combines religion, history and mythology. I have studied all three, not to the degree Barbara has, therefore I appreciate how well this book is done. It is totally understandable why it has been selected by some educational institutions for their comparative religion study courses. As she states in her book "Let us remember that those who don't know their history are condemned to repeat it". This statement is well known by most, there has been many versions made by many over time. Unfortunately we are currently seeing the worst-of-worst of history being repeated once again in our so called modern time. I found this book gave me more understanding to understand what is happening today. It also gave me answers (confirmation) to why some of the terrible things that happened in my own life happened.

The Essential Dion (Rm)
The Essential Dion (Rm)
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 48.95
4 used & new from CDN$ 43.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Aug. 7 2009
This review is from: The Essential Dion (Rm) (Audio CD)
All the songs as if I was back in the 60's, just like I remembered them, the new versions are great, but the originals are still the best. This album is totally enjoyable, and sound quality is tops.

Definitive Collection
Definitive Collection
Price: CDN$ 18.48
28 used & new from CDN$ 5.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Aug. 7 2009
This review is from: Definitive Collection (Audio CD)
I bought this album for three songs, Whole Lot of Shakin'; Great Balls of Fire and Breathless to round out my collection of old rock and roll. When I played this enitre album I was surprised that all the songs where terrific. Admit I didn't know that Lewis was this good. Not one song will be omitted on my Ipod, walkman, or CD for my car. This was the best buy I have made in a very long time. Buy this album it definitely is a must have.