countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry
Profile for Tara Rosedale > Reviews

Content by Tara Rosedale

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Tara Rosedale (Ont., Canada)

The Muslim Renegade: A Memoir of Struggle, Defiance and  Enlightenment
The Muslim Renegade: A Memoir of Struggle, Defiance and Enlightenment
Price: CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A thousand questions answered, July 8 2016
The reading format is easy, but the read will be difficult on you heartstrings, as it is quite clear he loved his mother, family and country very much.

To quote one sentence from his book: "Why is it so difficult for fundamentalist Muslims to coexist peacefully with other religions and ideologies? This one sentence in my opinion is quite loaded. The author answers the why to this question(s), via cultural, religious, and political explanations, as experienced in his life growing up in Iran and Syria. Chapter 11 although only 20 pages speaks volumes.

The author obviously is a strong brilliant man, who was motivated to write this book because he cares for all humanity,

Because They Hate: A Survivor of Islamic Terror Warns America
Because They Hate: A Survivor of Islamic Terror Warns America
by Brigitte Gabriel
Price: CDN$ 17.10
35 used & new from CDN$ 6.02

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are politically correct don't read this book, as you will become ashamed, very ashamed, July 1 2016
I remember watching the evening news, and reading the newspapers which informed me about the civil(?) war in Lebanon, and the other conflicts, or better stated the other wars and/or revolutions happening in the middle east during that time, (and still continuing today and spilling out over the world). It appears that political correctness was in play even back then, as somehow the news filtered to us here in Canada most certainly did not join the dots as it should have.

This woman's life story most certainly helped me join the dots, of the what, why and how, of then and now.

You will learn without any political correctness, more than perhaps you wish to know.

Some reviewers stated the author has a bias, which she probably does and is certainly understandable, but.............. assuming there is a bias, and only one half of what she wrote is true, that half you need to know.

To quote the author's friend "When you bury your head in the sand, all you do is make a big fat target out of your behind".

Not Without My Daughter
Not Without My Daughter
by BETTY MAHMOODY
47 used & new from CDN$ 1.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening, May 6 2016
Could not put it down, would have read it cover-to-cover non-stop if it was possible. Although written 20 years ago, it is not dated, unfortunately, not dated at all. Buy the book, Read it. Once you have read it you will understand a lot more, perhaps more than you wish to know, but you need to know.

Song to Remember [Import]
Song to Remember [Import]
DVD ~ Paul Muni
Offered by importcds__
Price: CDN$ 20.02
22 used & new from CDN$ 19.03

3.0 out of 5 stars of course I enjoyed it. The audio though could have been better, Feb. 26 2015
This review is from: Song to Remember [Import] (DVD)
Being a fan of Chopin, of course I enjoyed it. The audio though could have been better, lacked clarity, which on my TV never experienced before therefore assume it is the disc.

Man Made God: A Collection of Essays
Man Made God: A Collection of Essays
by Barbara G Walker
Price: CDN$ 28.37
20 used & new from CDN$ 21.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - "History Book", Feb. 26 2015
This is a must read book by everyone, regardless of religious belief. Barbara Walker does not miss a step in her writing where she so eloquently combines religion, history and mythology. I have studied all three, not to the degree Barbara has, therefore I appreciate how well this book is done. It is totally understandable why it has been selected by some educational institutions for their comparative religion study courses. As she states in her book "Let us remember that those who don't know their history are condemned to repeat it". This statement is well known by most, there has been many versions made by many over time. Unfortunately we are currently seeing the worst-of-worst of history being repeated once again in our so called modern time. I found this book gave me more understanding to understand what is happening today. It also gave me answers (confirmation) to why some of the terrible things that happened in my own life happened.

The Essential Dion (Rm)
The Essential Dion (Rm)
Offered by USA_Seller_4_Canada
Price: CDN$ 55.45
3 used & new from CDN$ 47.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Aug. 7 2009
This review is from: The Essential Dion (Rm) (Audio CD)
All the songs as if I was back in the 60's, just like I remembered them, the new versions are great, but the originals are still the best. This album is totally enjoyable, and sound quality is tops.

Definitive Collection
Definitive Collection
Price: CDN$ 9.97
27 used & new from CDN$ 6.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Aug. 7 2009
This review is from: Definitive Collection (Audio CD)
I bought this album for three songs, Whole Lot of Shakin'; Great Balls of Fire and Breathless to round out my collection of old rock and roll. When I played this enitre album I was surprised that all the songs where terrific. Admit I didn't know that Lewis was this good. Not one song will be omitted on my Ipod, walkman, or CD for my car. This was the best buy I have made in a very long time. Buy this album it definitely is a must have.