Profile for S. Rozell > Reviews

Content by S. Rozell

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

S. Rozell "Rhodri" (Langley, BC, Canada)

A Discipline for Software Engineering
A Discipline for Software Engineering
by Watts S. Humphrey
Price: CDN$ 67.19
37 used & new from CDN$ 5.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the developer that thinks he/she is good., Oct. 28 2004
I have read the book and implemented the processes both in and out of a school envirnoment. I have seen measurable positive results in my skills. I recently learned that an instructor I had over 7 years ago still refers to me as the best programmer he has ever met, and I owe this entirely to this book.
If you think you are already good, then chances are are that the book won't change you. If you want to find out how good you are, or more importantly become the best you can be you will most likely be enthralled by it.

Aquarium Atlas
Aquarium Atlas
by Hans A. Baensch
16 used & new from CDN$ 31.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, Oct. 28 2004
This review is from: Aquarium Atlas (Hardcover)
A really nice reference with lots of useful stats.

Ecology of the Planted Aquarium
Ecology of the Planted Aquarium
by Diana L. Walstad
15 used & new from CDN$ 36.29

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best Aquarium book I've read, Oct. 28 2004
I've read possibly over 100 books on keeping aquariums from all perspectives. The information in this book is real (though possibly exaggerated at times) and the results are real.
The information provided by Walstad was sufficient to allow me to turn a high maintenance hobby into one where fish and plants thrive with minimal work.
I have seen some authors dispute the theories that Diana puts forward, but I have seen nothing practical that supports their opinions either.
The bottom line is people walk into my house and are stunned by the beauty of my tanks, and the truth is, all I do now is add water.

Aquarium Plant Paradise
Aquarium Plant Paradise
by Takashi Amano
18 used & new from CDN$ 11.90

2.0 out of 5 stars Was this just an ad?, Oct. 28 2004
I'm not sure what the purpose of the book was apart to say that Amano is good. The pictures are nice, but there are lots of nice pictures available for free.

The Complete Modern Blacksmith
The Complete Modern Blacksmith
by Alexander Weygers
Price: CDN$ 15.67
42 used & new from CDN$ 14.54

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, Oct. 27 2004
This was the first smithing book I purchased. I found a lot of useful information in there, and I still find I refer to it at times. Though many of the procedures described in it do not go into a lot of depth, and in some cases color photographs may improve the text, this book inspired me to learn more about the trade.