ARRAY(0xb6af68b8)

Profile for Nicole A. > Reviews

Content by Nicole A.

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Nicole A. (BC, Canada)

Spilling the Beans: Cooking & Baking With Beans & Grains Everyday
Spilling the Beans: Cooking & Baking With Beans & Grains Everyday
by Julie Van Rosendaal
Price: CDN$ 18.77
27 used & new from CDN$ 10.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Beans Rule!, Aug. 7 2013
Who knew that beans were so versatile? My personal favourite recipes are: Charred Corn, Black Bean & Toasted Barley Salad ... Chickpea Masala Sandwiches (Doubles) ... Aloo Gobi with Chickpeas ... Coconut Dal Curry ...

I love the idea that you can add beans for texture & taste - but being vegetarian, having extra protein is a beautiful bonus.

This book has photos of almost every recipe, which I love. I would highly recommend this book!

Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness
Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness
by Scott Jurek
Price: CDN$ 20.69
45 used & new from CDN$ 4.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for trail runners!, July 12 2012
Scott Jurek was open and honest about his motivations, his life, his dreams ... and his recipes. I loved getting into this man's mind. What a fascinating person. At the end of each chapter, he has advice, tips and vegan recipes. I have tried 2 of his recipes - the strawberry pancakes and the lentil-mushroom burgers - both were a HUGE hit in my house. (I have 2 young kids, so this was amazing). I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to know about the foundations of ultra marathons and trail running. This guy is the real deal. Oh, and if you're an athlete who's considering trying out a vegan diet - Scott is a huge inspiration for that as well. The man won several 100 Mile races on a vegan diet!!!
'

Have You Filled a Bucket Today? A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids
Have You Filled a Bucket Today? A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids
by Carol McCloud
Price: CDN$ 11.66
51 used & new from CDN$ 1.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book about How to be Happy! (For grown ups too), Oct. 4 2010
I absolutely love this book. I am always trying to teach my kids how to be kind to others, how to love, how to respect ... this book is just great! It explains in a simple way how we can be good to one another, and offers a powerful visualization in the form of a bucket. My daughter will sometimes say, out of the blue "I love you", and then tell me she's filling my bucket.

I would recommend to anyone, child or adult, to buy this book. I will probably keep reading this book to my kids ... into their teens if they'll let me!

Buy it - you won't be disappointed!

Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing
Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing
by Caroline Myss
Price: CDN$ 14.44
114 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my perception ..., March 12 2010
I purchased this book to help me get a better understanding of how each chakra functions. I am especially curious about how our physical/emotional/mental illnesses are linkd to each particular chakra. This book fulfilled all these questions and more ... and I'm only on chapter two!

Within the first 25 pages, Carolyn Myss got me thinking about chakras in a whole new way ... the way she explains our spiritual anatomy changed my perception almost immediately. I love the way that you can feel her experience through her words ... this is a must read for anyone working with energy, dealing with bad habits, health problems or for anyone who just wants a better understanding of how to work with their spiritual selves in order to be happier & more fulfilled.

Waiting for Autumn
Waiting for Autumn
by Scott Blum
Price: CDN$ 13.68
35 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Searching for a Writer, July 13 2009
This review is from: Waiting for Autumn (Hardcover)
Okay, I flew through this book, but only because it was a VERY easy read. This was a great story, but I saw so much potential to make it longer, and to expand on the many topics encountered in the book. The author has bypassed the reader who does not practice healing, astral travel and the like. It would take a lifetime to experience even one of of the techniques in this book, and the author minimizes the experiences by allowing his main character to practice them after a life of ineptitude. When I finished this book, I just felt frustrated.

My Big Truck Book
My Big Truck Book
by Roger Priddy
Edition: Board book
47 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Little Boy's Dream!, July 13 2009
This review is from: My Big Truck Book (Board book)
My 2 year old son absolutely loves this book. Each layout focuses on one type of truck - Construction, Emergency, etc. The pictures are nice and big, and each is labelled. All of the books by Roger Priddy have been favourites in my house!