Profile for Jerry > Reviews

Content by Jerry

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Jerry (Madison, WI USA)

The Best Awful: A Novel
The Best Awful: A Novel
by Carrie Fisher
38 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A survivor...., May 30 2004
Suzanne Vale from Postcards from the Edge has a child with a gay man who apparently somehow forgot to tell her he was gay. I don't understand how that could really happen, but hey, it's pretty funny. I really like the girl who gets money off of other people swearing. It's quite a funny book, don't get me wrong. I would also recommend The World of Luke by Luke Birell for a good laugh.

Sein Language
Sein Language
by Jerry Seinfeld
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.89
146 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Any Seinfeld fan can't go wrong., May 8 2004
This book contains much of Jerry's stand-up acts, and most of which have been used during the beginning and end of the episodes of his sitcom series. Written or not said through his mouth, this humor is still great. Whenever I read these entries I can imagine it all being said from his voice. Remember that humor has sustained as a people for the past 5000 years.

The World of Luke
The World of Luke
by Luke Birell
Price: CDN$ 26.16
7 used & new from CDN$ 23.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Author's debut. Cannot miss!, April 13 2004
This review is from: The World of Luke (Hardcover)
I have read some half decent humor books in my time, but never have I read anything as fantastic as The World of Luke. The best thing is, is that this is a very new and unique idea. The story telling is compelling and it's insidiously funny. It's all too obvious that Luke is opening the door to a brand new realm of story writing and genre for novels. I don't think there is a comedy novel out there like this one. Pick up this book, and you can't go wrong. Wonderful use of imagination. It sounds like he's planning a sequel too. I can't wait for THAT to come out.