Profile for B Taylor > Reviews

Content by B Taylor

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

B Taylor

Exam Ref 70-487 Developing Windows Azure and Web Services (MCSD)
Exam Ref 70-487 Developing Windows Azure and Web Services (MCSD)
by William Ryan
Price: CDN$ 26.32
24 used & new from CDN$ 26.32

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better, May 29 2014
This book is an exam prep book. I have not written the exam so I am reviewing based on learning the topics covered in the book. The topics are current, relevant and interesting - Azure, WCF, Web API etc. My main problem with the book is that it covers the topics in a superficial manner - 3 ways to do something or 5 config options without really explaining the purpose of the values or why you would use them. I found myself constantly going to the internet for a better coverage of many of the topics. The author also adds some unusual non-technical comments (not a problem just not very relevant or humorous) and many points are mentioned multiple times as if the material was pieced together from different sources.

I have previously been certified for a number of MS certifications (including MCSE and MCAD) so I am not discounting the value of the exam prep materials, just that the book could have covered the exam topics and be much more practical at educating the reader at the same time.

Fosmon Crystal Clear HD Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III (3 Pack) - Fosmon Retail Packaging
Offered by theWireless Company
Price: CDN$ 4.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 0.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with the product, Feb. 11 2014
Purchased an otterbox but had problems with the screen protector shield (only 1 included). Purchased Fosmon to replace the screen protector shield. Took me 2 tries to get it correctly installed but end result is a great screen protector which is virtually undetectable.

OtterBox Commuter Series Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3-Retail Packaging-Black
OtterBox Commuter Series Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3-Retail Packaging-Black
Offered by Shop Smart Online Ca
Price: CDN$ 44.00
8 used & new from CDN$ 27.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Protective screen very frustrating, Dec 26 2013
I've owned an Otterbox Defender case for my Motorola Atrix for 3 years and was very pleased with it. So when I bought a new Samsung Galaxy Note 3 I bundled it with an Otterbox Commuter case. The case is solid but I found the protective screen very frustrating, almost impossible to adhere without countless bubbles which make it unusable. The instructions were virtually non-existent, just a simple strip of icons with no words. I expected a bit more for a $50 product. I eventually gave up on the protective screen and will order from another vendor.

Asuxtek® Google Nexus 7 2, Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Generation Tablet ultra-thin Smart Cover Case With Multi-Angle Stand & Automatic Sleep/Wake Function (For Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Generation, Black)
Offered by AsuxTeK
Price: CDN$ 17.95
2 used & new from CDN$ 17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover, Nov. 16 2013
The cover works well and looks great. I have received numerous compliments on the cover and queries about the brand/model.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Product as advertised, July 6 2013
So far so good. Hooked it up and it diagnosed my issue. Looked up the code on the internet and was able to get a quote from the garage. May fix it myself as it looks pretty easy. Saved the cost of the garage scan which more than paid for the scanner.

GTMax- Super High Resolution HDMI 2M (6 Feet) For HDTV, Plasma, LCD, PS3, DVD Players, Satellite & Cable boxes
Offered by Gadgets Super(Ships from HongKong)
Price: CDN$ 2.17
24 used & new from CDN$ 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with the product, Jan. 29 2012
The product works as advertised. Considering the price, a very good deal. Seller shipped to Canada (thank you) and shipping took longer than expected. I contacted the seller and they were responsive and told me there had been issues with Canada Post (not a surprise for me). Product arrived 2 days later. Since I was not desperate for the product, the shipping was not a big deal and overall I am really very happy with the purchase and would order again. It is a good idea to have a couple of extra HDMI cables on hand rather than buying them with along with a TV or other product as they are typically very high-margin items at a retail store.