Profile for Zeca Wolf > Reviews

Content by Zeca Wolf

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Zeca Wolf "brazilbass" (São Paulo)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Over-Nite Sensation
Over-Nite Sensation
Price: CDN$ 27.95
13 used & new from CDN$ 5.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Dare I say it? His BEST!!, July 31 2003
This review is from: Over-Nite Sensation (Audio CD)
To say that ONE album is the best among more than sixty very good ones may seem at least strange. But if you go through all of them here at Amazon, you will see that every single Zappa cd has at least one review saying "the best". To me, IF I HAD TO PICK ONE, that would be Over-nite sensation. Some of his best songs are here, mixing the intrincated riffs and not-of-this-world tempos, with beautiful melodies and tasty playing ( from all musicians ).
A very close second is ZOOT ALLURES.

Who By Numbers
Who By Numbers
Price: CDN$ 9.86
33 used & new from CDN$ 6.72

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not their best, just one of them!, Oct. 14 2002
This review is from: Who By Numbers (Audio CD)
The Who has a LOT of great albums. This is one of them, and it shows how talented all of them are/were. I was very sad when I heard about Entwilstle's passing, because being a bass player he was a huge influence to my playing. This album is a fine example of his great playing and songwriting, too. He wrote "Sucess story", one of the best songs here.

Hair Recording - Special Anniversary Edition
Hair Recording - Special Anniversary Edition
Price: CDN$ 8.64
30 used & new from CDN$ 5.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Best musical in the overall category., June 22 2002
Despite the fact that I am a hard-rocker, Hair is my favourite musical. It SMOKES Tommy, The Wall, and any other one you might imagine. If it was not enough a set of great beautiful songs, they are part of an unforgettable film, which should make your eyes wet. But you know that, you've seen the movie. Haven't you?

Nostradamus
Nostradamus
Price: CDN$ 52.95
4 used & new from CDN$ 24.96

5.0 out of 5 stars NIKOLO WHO?????, June 3 2002
This review is from: Nostradamus (Audio CD)
I think it's safe to assume that most people that are reading this never heard of Nikolo Kotzev. I wasn't aware of him, and bought this cd just because Glenn Hughes is one of the singers. I am glad that I did. Nikolo is not just a great composer, but a great guitar player too. Every and each song is fresh and original, and, as always, Glenn Hughes is KILLER! Great performances by the other singers, like Joe Lynn Turner and Goran Edman. Now, that Jorn Lande really surprised me. I was not aware of him too, and it's a shame that such a great singer is relatively unknown. If you like 70's rock with a twist of prog, Rainbow, Deep Purple, or even Malmsteen, you will certainly like it.

Blizzard Of Ozz
Blizzard Of Ozz
Price: CDN$ 9.49
8 used & new from CDN$ 3.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT get fooled by this!, May 24 2002
This review is from: Blizzard Of Ozz (Audio CD)
As I wrote in the Diary of a Madman review, I love Ozzy. DOAM is my favorite, but this one ( the original ) is a very close second. However, I think Ozzy literally DESTROYED two masterpieces by re-recording them. If you are familiar with Bob Daisley bass playing you know it's NOT TRUE that the bass sound was improved. Even if it was, that is not the most decent thing to do to a musician who put his heart and soul into a project. That superfine bass playing is gone forever. Watching "The Osbournes" I am almost sure that this abomination has a "Sharon finger" on it. 5 star to the original, minus 100000 to this.

Diary Of A Madman
Diary Of A Madman
Offered by USA CD SELLER
Price: CDN$ 18.93
9 used & new from CDN$ 5.98

1.0 out of 5 stars What the hell was Oz thinking?, May 9 2002
This review is from: Diary Of A Madman (Audio CD)
I am a great, huge, enormous fan of Ozzy Osbourne. I think Diary of a madman is his best album. However, I can't imagine why one would like to DESTROY a masterpiece like this re-recording the whole bass and drums tracks. Trujillo is a fine bass player, but his playing comes NOWHERE NEAR that of mr. Bob Daisley. Five stars to the original, 0 to this "musical Frankenstein".

In Rock
In Rock
Price: CDN$ 5.00
18 used & new from CDN$ 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars C-LA-S-S-I-C !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, May 7 2002
This review is from: In Rock (Audio CD)
I decided to review this one after reading the review of the only guy who had the NERVE to give it 1 star. Here it is what I think of it:
Yes, Blackmore doesn't sound the same, for one reason: This was recorded at the time he was still using a Gibson, a very different-sounding guitar, from his Fender, that is. But his playing is, as always, brilliant.
I always like to hit the same note in my reviews: The songwriting. That is what it's all about, isn't it? After all, they ARE great musicians all of them, but that means nothing if they aren't playing great songs. Well, songwriting here is PEREFECT. Great tunes, Child in time alone would have qualified this as a great CD. One of the best from one of the best bands of all time.

Straight Between The Eyes [Remastered]
Straight Between The Eyes [Remastered]
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 13.39
41 used & new from CDN$ 3.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best., April 4 2002
But it has some good songs in it. MISS mistreated has a very original solo ( but of course, you can tell it's Ritchie as he plays the first note ). I love Ritchie and love Rainbow, so I think you should give all cd's a listen. But begin with "Long live Rock'n'roll" or "Rising". Even if you like the Joe Lynn Turner era, I think the best one is "Difficult to cure".

Nevermind
Nevermind
Offered by PATAGONIAN MUSIC
Price: CDN$ 4.99
38 used & new from CDN$ 1.78

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE!, Dec 30 2001
This review is from: Nevermind (Audio CD)
If you think that some dudes should record an album while LEARNING how to play, this is for you. Laughable, to say the best!

Automatic
Automatic
Price: CDN$ 37.85
6 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Superb playing; but weaker than his previous releases., Nov. 12 2001
This review is from: Automatic (Audio CD)
Why hasn't "My guitar wants to kill your mamma" been released on cd? I had the album, and as every other that I had, I sold it thinking of buying the cd. Bad move. This is the only Dweezil's cd, and I can assure you, although he clearly shows his great talent, MGWTKYM is WAAAYYYYY better. Confessions is better, too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3