Profile for Tsungen > Reviews

Content by Tsungen

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Tsungen (Montreal,Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Serge Fiori
Serge Fiori
Price: CDN$ 12.97
13 used & new from CDN$ 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Un Génie Revenant!, April 19 2014
This review is from: Serge Fiori (Audio CD)
Combien longue, cette attente, mais ça valait la peine de ne pas se décourager; un album aux textes mélancoliques, certes mais
aussi avec quelques clins d'oeil sympathiques! Les textes sont d'une grande sensibilité, la musique envoûtante, typique d'un bon cru Fiori a saveur d'Harmonium; merci Serge, on t'aime tant!

Angels Sing: Christmas In Ireland
Angels Sing: Christmas In Ireland
DVD ~ Libera
Price: CDN$ 27.24
19 used & new from CDN$ 9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet Another Masterpiece!!!, Nov. 12 2013
In 2011, I was one of the many fans who requested a Christmas Album from Libera;
my wish came true and I was not disappointed; now two years later (2013), Surprise!!
Libera and Mr. Robert Prizeman release another Christmas album both in CD and DVD versions!

It is amazing, to say the least; I was weary of the idea that many songs were repeats
from he previous Christmas CD, but to my amazement, the songs have been completely
rearranged with instrumental intros and fuller orchestration; The 'Pachelbel Canon' (Sanctus)
is absolutely breathtaking; my favorite piece 'Carol of the Bells' is even better than the
previous version, as if that's possible...I could go on and on, but what I mean to say is that
if you appreciate choir music and Christmas songs as well, you will be in a state of trance almost.

Libera is several notches above all choir bands; for the quality of their voices, their versatility,
and the passion they put in their performances (finally a choir that Smiles); this is a must
for the Holidays, be sure to get the DVD as well; if Libera is new to you, you will be very
happy with what they have to offer!!

A great thanks to all Libera singers, to Robert Prizeman for his arrangements and conducting,
an extra thank you for including several the 'older' singers like Joshua Madine, ensuring the continuation
of the Libera tradition as his smile was (still is) the 'face' of Libera for a decade. Cheers and thanks again!

Si Jeune (Edition Speciale)
Si Jeune (Edition Speciale)
Price: CDN$ 19.74
8 used & new from CDN$ 15.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Up and coming, Aug. 21 2012
A truly talented young man (barely 14yo), who will remind many of Justin Bieber, French-Canadian version;
check him out on YouTube, he is truly a promising new talent!

Um jeune talent a surveiller, un "Justin Bieber" francophone qui atteidra de nouveaux sommets
dans les années a venir; voyez ses clips sur YouTube!

Christmas Album Standard Version
Christmas Album Standard Version
Price: CDN$ 20.19
26 used & new from CDN$ 8.84

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Wish granted!, Jan. 19 2012
I've long been a fan of Mr Prizeman's "Libera",the best Choir on the planet!
Last year, I posted that I wish they would release a Christmas album; well,
they just did, so thanks so much for listening to your fans:-)
As always, the vocals are awesome,a very good and generous mix of secular and
sacred songs; I love it so much I'm ordering additional copies to give as gifts;
I listen to it all the time; the addition of beautiful pictures of the band with
the words from the songs,as well as the extra Christmas tree ornament is a nice touch!
Get the Deluxe Edition, it's a must!
The quality presentation of this deluxe edition is a much appreciated
addition to my Christmas music collection; congratulations on this new Masterpiece
and Happy Holidays to all Libera members, past and present, you guys bring so much
joy and inspiration in my life; Cheers from Canada!

By all means, buy the Deluxe version while it's available, it's worth the extra $5

P.S.: you can listen to samples on Amazon.com

Ronan Parke
Ronan Parke
Price: CDN$ 18.41
21 used & new from CDN$ 2.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Successful debut! Powerful voice and pure showmanship!, Nov. 25 2011
This review is from: Ronan Parke (Audio CD)
Just a quick entry here since some like to drag on and on...
I'm grateful for YouTube since it's through them I could view
"Britain's got Talent" and every year, one is awed by how many
talented people are unknown without such a showcase.

There is no comparing Ronan Parke to anyone else; like someone
said in another review, it just would be unfair. What amazes me
is not just his young age but the maturity of his voice!

Instead of easy pop songs, he chose covers from some of the very
best in the new breed in the music business; I like to view his acoustic
clips with his buddy guitarist, no fluff, no overproduction, just Ronan
singing his heart out leaving us in awe of the potential he has.

His sense of timing, his wide range of musical capabilities and the
intense joy he conveys is something that reaches me; I'm looking forward
to hearing his own compositions and hope he won't be overwhelmed by his
popularity and good looks because in the end, it's about music and a
wonderful young man who enjoys sharing his passion with everyone.

Cheers from Canada and good luck Ronan!

The Christmas Album Experience Edition (Deluxe Version)
The Christmas Album Experience Edition (Deluxe Version)
Price: CDN$ 28.44
28 used & new from CDN$ 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas wish granted!, Nov. 3 2011
I've long been a fan of Mr Prizeman's "Libera",the best Choir on the planet!
Last year, I posted that I wish they would release a Christmas album; well,
they just did, so thanks so much for listening to your fans:-)
As always, the vocals are awesome,a very good and generous mix of secular and
Get the Deluxe Edition, it's a must!
The quality presentation of this deluxe edition is a much appreciated
joy and inspiration in my life; Cheers from Canada!

P.S.: you can listen to samples on Amazon.com

Under the Mistletoe (Deluxe CD+DVD)
Under the Mistletoe (Deluxe CD+DVD)
Price: CDN$ 18.29
41 used & new from CDN$ 1.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice offering!, Nov. 3 2011
I'm not exactly a fan of the Biebs' music since it's (so far) mostly
pop jingles for girls but with his bluesy interpretations, I think he'll
evolve gradually and will be taken seriously by the public at large in time,
especially with Usher to guide him along; I was impressed by his video:
"Never say never" (kudos by Rolling Stone magazine, which is no small thing).

Being a big Christmas fan, I was happy to add this generous offering to
my collection of Holiday music; CD + DVD at that price is well worth the
expense for the production quality and guest artists, plus a portion of the
proceeds going to charity.

As a Canadian, I'm proud of all our artists who succeed around the world;
I'm just fed up with the jealous jerks who dump on him, nobody's forcing them
to listen to his music; there is much more to him than meets the eye; I just hope
he releases his own compositions in the coming years.

So to Justin, Happy Christmas and thanks for the cool combo you just released!

Denver;John Around the World L
Denver;John Around the World L
DVD ~ John Denver
Price: CDN$ 51.59
17 used & new from CDN$ 48.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect tribute!, Aug. 9 2011
Very impressed by the quality; this boxed set of concerts and documentaries is a must for all John Denver fans!
Highly recommended, great presentation too! 5 Stars!

Kick-Ass (Bilingual)
Kick-Ass (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Aaron Taylor-Johnson
Price: CDN$ 5.97
27 used & new from CDN$ 1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Fun, Fun!, May 15 2011
This review is from: Kick-Ass (Bilingual) (DVD)
I agree with Mr. Horton's review (see above); this movie is not for the squeamish and should not be taken
too seriously, but enjoyed for what it is: an over the top camp on old comic book heroes,
very entertaining; I was hesitant to watch it at first because I expected one of those high school
movies lame both in content and direction; it was the opposite; set aside the predictable beginning about three
nerds who are picked on at school, the story quickly and surprisingly unravels into a Quentin Tarentino type
of excessive, comic violence, hyper action comedy that won't leave you bored for a second; Finally,
a director who wasn't afraid to be controversial and go all out in telling a comic book story as it was meant
to be (in our minds as teenagers); I'm surprised someone in puritanical Hollywood managed to get this film out;
it's about as opposite to Disney (whom I liked as a kid) as you can get, and I LOVED it!! If you like entertainment no holds barred, irreverent, that doesn't take itself seriously but that promises to take you for a crazy, outrageous fun ride, that's the movie for you; no "family values, right wing platitudes" here; Mr Tarentino must have loved this one :-)

Inside The Great Pyramid
Inside The Great Pyramid
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 152.95
3 used & new from CDN$ 65.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, the Entire Original 2 CD Release!, Aug. 27 2010
Yes, this is the real deal! These is another CD version of this Masterpiece that contains only half (disc 1)
of the original 1977 double LP; it has a different cover (the original dark blue background and an embossed Pyramid and flute in gold), but it only lasts 62'40".

THIS VERSION LASTS 118'18", in other words, it contains both discs:
Disc One contains 3 parts recorded in the King and in the Queen's Chambers of the Cheops Pyramid of Gizeh:
"Initiation, Meditation and Enlightenment"; Disc Two contains recordings made in the Burial Chambers of the Kephren and Mycerinus Pyramids: "Fulfillment, Resurrection and Eternity".

For anyone who is familiar with Paul Horn's landmark "Inside the Taj Mahal" album,
this is a perfect follow-up of M. Horn's mastery of the flutes flowing with the echoes
of these two Wonders of the World (Taj Mahal; and the Great Pyramids); I would not recomment
"Inside 2" because it is flute mixed in with natural sounds, dolphin screams and weird
electronics mixed in.

But the "Inside Taj Mahal" (http://www.amazon.ca/Inside-Paul-Horn/dp/B003BI76S2/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1ZQ2ZUCCWY3ML&colid=QN7567G2JVCJ) and This "Inside the Pyramids" recordings
are awesome;these sounds were a breakthrough in an Ethereal, Inspired, Spiritual Odyssey where your meditations
will be guided by a True Master; this follow up in the "Inside" series is a Gem; this time M.Horn does the chanting himself and the sounds he creates"Inside the Great Pyramid" of Gizeh are stunning;
he has to adjust his flutes because the Pyramid "bends the sound" by half an octave or so. It's flute improvisation that you just cannot get enough or tired of; this is an unusual
journey in which he successfully convinced the Egyptian government to allow him one night
inside the pyramids, I believe he was the first to succeed.

This Full version is rare and expensive but well worth it
if you enjoy Paul Horn's mystical approach with the Flute.

A Masterpiece you can't afford to miss!

Namaste!