ARRAY(0xb2aa242c)

Profile for le_baiser > Reviews

Content by le_baiser

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

"le_baiser" (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Afterglow
Afterglow
Price: CDN$ 8.15
43 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Slumber Music, Nov. 11 2003
This review is from: Afterglow (Audio CD)
I thoroughly enjoyed this album. The melodies are like whispers -- soft and enticing. Each track on this album have light, peaceful melodies that make it perfect for getting into a mellow mood or drifting off to sleep (in a good way!). Overall, this album is very relaxing and mellow....beautiful music, Sarah, keep it coming!

Asianblue
Asianblue
Price: CDN$ 19.74
10 used & new from CDN$ 13.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Emm Gryner Makes Me Proud to be Canadian!, Sept. 15 2003
This review is from: Asianblue (Audio CD)
I cannot promote Emm Gryner enough. Sheer talent has propelled her and I am bewildered why her songs aren't given more airplay. Her songs are beautifully crafted and on her latest album, "Asianblue", she incorporates techno beats on top of her excellent piano and vocal skills. Her lyrics are very catchy, her melodies highly emotional. In fact, it was this very album that got me through a very disappointing break-up.
My favourites on this album are Symphonic, Beautiful Things, Lonestar, Christopher, and East Coast Angel, although I love all of them. While there are techno dance beats on some of the songs, Emm has many songs that are happily reminiscent of her previous delicate songs with just her voice and the piano. She is an artist that never ceases to excite me with her music. As I said in another review, Emm Gryner is Canada's "Hidden" Gem. I can't wait until her next album!!!!

Girl Versions
Girl Versions
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 26.95
3 used & new from CDN$ 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Emm Gryner: Canada's "Hidden" Gem!, Sept. 15 2003
This review is from: Girl Versions (Audio CD)
I first heard about Emm Gryner when I saw her perform "Pour Some Sugar On Me" on a Mike Bullard show. She got my attention right away with her beautiful music and I actually love her re-make of the Def Leppard song better! I knew that I had to buy this album, even if it was just for one song. What surprised me was that I ended up LOVING every single song on this album! She is very creative and when you listen to her musical re-makes/interpretations of the songs, you'll feel like you're listening to the song for the very first time. It is wonderful and I've never been so excited about an artist before. Emm has pure talent and I wish that more people knew about her. It's a real shame that Emm doesn't get more media play...She truly deserves it! Emm's musical talent with the piano and her voice are phenomenal. Her songs have a delicate sound punctuated with intense emotion. This is an artist who does NOT disappoint!

Page: 1 | 2