Profile for sunny > Reviews

Content by sunny

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

sunny

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Art of Romance (The Matchmakers Book 2)
Art of Romance (The Matchmakers Book 2)
Price: CDN$ 2.08

4.0 out of 5 stars :), April 18 2015
At first I had trouble liking the character of Dylan. I found him wimpy and wondered why he couldn't just stand up for himself. But then, I realized that if a woman had been abused like he was with Rhonda, I would not be as hard on her. This book challenged my ideas of manipulative relationships and made me see things from a different perspective.
I also really liked the fact that the female lead was an educated woman and not young and slim. I loved how Dylan found her so beautiful and never considered her size at all. As someone who has always struggled with what true beauty is, this book made me feel beautiful too.

Love Remains (The Matchmakers Book 1)
Love Remains (The Matchmakers Book 1)
Price: CDN$ 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Special, April 15 2015
I think what I liked the most about this book was that the female lead was not a slim young woman. I loved that she was just like the rest of us and Bobby thought she was beautiful just the way she was. I liked how the theme of Christian singles was brought in and the fact that they are not less of a person because they are not married. Thank you for that.

Baby It's You (Seven Brides Seven Brothers Book 6)
Baby It's You (Seven Brides Seven Brothers Book 6)
Price: CDN$ 3.73

3.0 out of 5 stars :), April 12 2015
One of the things I always like most about this series is getting to dig deeper into the back story of the Donahue boys. I enjoyed Wyatt's story. I felt it went a little fast from Kaitlyn as his PT to them being a couple...it felt like the reader missed out on a lot because all that was said was that they had been doing the physical therapy for two weeks. The book seemed a bit rushed at times.
I think one of my favourite characters is Mac and I have been waiting since the beginning of the series to read his story. I can't wait to hear more about him and to see how him open his heart. So looking forward to the next book, but sad too since it's the last one.

With Autumn's Return (Westward Winds Book #3): A Novel: Volume 3
With Autumn's Return (Westward Winds Book #3): A Novel: Volume 3
Price: CDN$ 3.03

3.0 out of 5 stars :), April 11 2015
I enjoyed this final book in the series, but if found this book very similar to the previous one. Similar friends first, don't know if he's courting her, danger at the end plotline. I also found that the description of the book wasn't exactly what the story ended up being. I always find this disappointing. Even though I still enjoyed the book, I bought it based on the description.
I think what I enjoyed most was the story between Gwen and Harrison. I would have liked more on this.
This was a good book and I'm glad that I read it. Not the greatest book in the series, but I would still recommend it.

When There is Love: A Christian Romance (The McKinleys Book 3)
When There is Love: A Christian Romance (The McKinleys Book 3)
Price: CDN$ 3.77

5.0 out of 5 stars another great book, April 3 2015
This is another fabulous book by Kimberly Rae Jordan. It was beautifully written and I always love when the characters move a little closer to Jesus.

Love in the Balance (Ladies of Caldwell County, Book 2)
Love in the Balance (Ladies of Caldwell County, Book 2)
Price: CDN$ 5.38

4.0 out of 5 stars :), April 1 2015
Great book in spite of the fact that I had a lot of trouble with some of the characters. I found Molly's parents very hard to take and I wish their characters would have developed into kinder and more gracious to Molly. I found them frustrating and they bothered me.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the development and journey the characters went on and how God drew them closer to him.

Sixty Acres and a Bride (Ladies of Caldwell County, Book 1)
Sixty Acres and a Bride (Ladies of Caldwell County, Book 1)
Price: CDN$ 5.38

4.0 out of 5 stars :), March 29 2015
A great book. I loved the the of Ruth, Boaz and Naomi woven throughout. I would have liked a little less time spent on arguing, but overall it was. Great book. I can't wait to read the second one!

Bride of Paradise (Mail Order Ministers Book 1)
Bride of Paradise (Mail Order Ministers Book 1)
Price: CDN$ 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, March 28 2015
This book had a very simple storyline with no real twists or suspense. The chemistry between the main characters was disappointing and they treated each other like friends, not husband and wife. I won't be reading the next books in this series.

The Lady of Bolton Hill
The Lady of Bolton Hill
Price: CDN$ 6.15

4.0 out of 5 stars great!, March 27 2015
At the beginning of the story, I have to admit that I really did not like or connect to Daniel. I found him rude to Clara. As the story progressed and his heart began to change, I began to like him more. He definitely wasn't one of my favourite male characters, but I enjoyed the plot and storyline, so I still gave the book a 4/5.

Five Days in Skye: A Novel (The MacDonald Family Trilogy Book 1)
Five Days in Skye: A Novel (The MacDonald Family Trilogy Book 1)
Price: CDN$ 3.82

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed it, March 25 2015
This was a great story with realistic characters with many layers. I liked how the characters lives were revealed bit by bit and helped to create a beautiful story. The only glitch or slight problem I found was that the Christianity seemed like an add on and didn't really fit. It was plopped in here and there but didn't make much of a difference to the story.

Overall, this was a great book!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8