Profile for sunny > Reviews

Content by sunny

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

sunny

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Love Makes a House a Home: A Christian Romance (Home to Collingsworth Book 3)
Love Makes a House a Home: A Christian Romance (Home to Collingsworth Book 3)
Price: CDN$ 3.25

3.0 out of 5 stars good, Oct. 19 2014
I liked the story, but it seemed to end too abruptly. There wasn't enough build up to the end and then it was over. I really am enjoying this series, but wish the endings were handled better.

Home Away from Home: A Christian Romance (Home to Collingsworth Book 2)
Home Away from Home: A Christian Romance (Home to Collingsworth Book 2)
Price: CDN$ 3.30

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it!, Oct. 19 2014
I like this book even more than the first one. I loved the theme of God healing you from the past and making you a new creation. We all need this message and I loved how it was woven into the story.
The only criticism I had with the first booking this series was the sudden and unresolved ending. This one had a much more satisfying ending. It felt like a complete book. While it was important to read the first book to fully understand this one, the conflict was resolved in this book, but still left some unanswered questions for the next book. Can't wait to read more of this series,

Home Is Where the Heart Is: A Christian Romance (Home to Collingsworth Book 1)
Home Is Where the Heart Is: A Christian Romance (Home to Collingsworth Book 1)
Price: CDN$ 1.10

4.0 out of 5 stars great!, Oct. 18 2014
I loved that this story was different than some other romance novels. It was a methodical "getting to know". It felt a little awkward at times, but it was refreshing. I was a little disappointed that the story ended so abruptly. I am hoping that the next book in this series will carry on and finish this storyline.

Love Me Tender (Seven Brides, Seven Brothers)
Love Me Tender (Seven Brides, Seven Brothers)
Price: CDN$ 3.35

3.0 out of 5 stars okay...a little rushed, Oct. 17 2014
This book was okay, but not as great as the other ones in this series. The romance was the only plot line and it got a little too sappy, a little to unrealistic....even for me. ;) I had trouble with the believability of the story.

Valentine & Juliet
Valentine & Juliet
Price: CDN$ 1.09

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, Oct. 6 2014
Not very exciting and a little boring.

A Passion Denied (The Daughters of Boston Book #3)
A Passion Denied (The Daughters of Boston Book #3)
Price: CDN$ 5.59

3.0 out of 5 stars okay but..., Aug. 19 2014
While I did enjoy this book overall, I found the sensuality and constant talk of intimacy disturbing in a Christian fiction book. I also found the time period setting and the story/characters did not match. The culture at that time would not have had the men so open with each other about their feelings. I found it a little too unrealistic at times. While they had real problems, there was as a lot in the book that was too romantic and charming to actually be real.
I liked the plot of the book, the theme of forgiveness and the way the characters turned to God and prayer on a regular basis.

A Passion Most Pure (The Daughters of Boston Book #1): A Novel
A Passion Most Pure (The Daughters of Boston Book #1): A Novel
Price: CDN$ 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but..., Aug. 17 2014
As much as I enjoyed the book, there were things that I found upsetting.
1. Charity - I really disliked this character. I couldn't believe how evil she was and how her parents had no idea what she was truly like. There were times I almost stopped reading the book because of her. The next book in this series is about her, and I will be skipping that book and going straight to the final book. I can't take more of her.
2. All the men were so driven by their "passions". They seemed to have no control over themselves throughout the book. I found that disturbing. There is no way I would have trusted any of these men enough to marry them, so I found that frustrating.

I loved the character of Faith. She stuck to her convictions and refused to waver on them. I loved that about her.

Out of Control (The Kincaid Brides Book #1)
Out of Control (The Kincaid Brides Book #1)
Price: CDN$ 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars okay, Aug. 10 2014
I found that this book dragged on and on with the action repeating itself over and over...I ended up skimming most of the middle of the book. I found the male lead character difficult to like and his treatment of women hard to take.

Most Peculiar Circumstance, A (Ladies of Distinction Book #2)
Most Peculiar Circumstance, A (Ladies of Distinction Book #2)
Price: CDN$ 5.38

4.0 out of 5 stars The best in the series!, Aug. 8 2014
I've read four books in this series and this is my favourite of all of them. In the other books I found that the dialogue overtook the book and the bickering took the story off track. This book did not have that problem. I found it hilarious, often bursting out laughing while I was reading. The characters were vibrant and easy to like. I loved this book. Definitely worth reading!

Change of Fortune, A
Change of Fortune, A
by Jen Turano
Price: CDN$ 12.26
51 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Much Dialogue!, Aug. 6 2014
This review is from: Change of Fortune, A (Paperback)
I loved the story of this book, but I had a lot of trouble with the constant dialogue. The characters were constantly in conversation and at times it was angry bantering and bickering. It was unimportant to the story line, and dragged the story along. I was intrigued by what would happen, so I kept reading regardless of the difficult dialogue.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3