Profile for sunny > Reviews

Content by sunny

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

sunny

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
A Worthy Pursuit
A Worthy Pursuit

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great book!, May 31 2015
This review is from: A Worthy Pursuit (Kindle Edition)
This was another great book by Karen Witemeyer. I loved the theme of trust that ran throughout the book. I didn't find this book as good as some of her others, but I still enjoyed it and couldn't put it down.

Hearts Made Whole (Beacons of Hope Book #2)
Hearts Made Whole (Beacons of Hope Book #2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, May 29 2015
It always amazes me how Jody Hedlund can take her reader through so many emotions, from joy to despair when there seems like there is no way out for the characters. This was a fabulous book that was hard to put down. I loved the characters and the way they progressed and grew as the story went on. Wow!

As Love Blooms (The Gregory Sisters Book #3): A Novel
As Love Blooms (The Gregory Sisters Book #3): A Novel

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, May 25 2015
I'm sorry to say that I found this last book in the series quite disappointing. I found Tessa hard to like because of how flighty and foolish she was. She lacked any depth in her character and she was quite selfish. The Christian parts seemed to be bookended in as they really didn't affect the way the characters acted. I didn't particularly like Reese either, I found him to be a weak male lead.
There was a romance attempted between aunt Sam and senator Ferrrel, but I couldn't quite figure out why since it didn't really have a conclusion. It was an odd addition to the story since it seemed important throughout the book and then was nonexistent in the conclusion of the book.

Guarding Her Heart: A Christian Romance (BlackThorpe Security Book 1)
Guarding Her Heart: A Christian Romance (BlackThorpe Security Book 1)
Price: CDN$ 1.21

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, May 22 2015
I love that this book is a spin off of Kimberly Rae Jordan's McKinleys series. We feel connected to the characters, but it's a different angle and perspective of them.
Some of the things that I enjoyed most about this book was first of all, that Than became a Christian before the relationship began. This is something that is hugely important and I was thankful that it was a part of the relationship. I also liked that Lindsay waited and prayed before continuing things with Than. She wanted clarity and I really liked that. It was not only a story, but an example of Christian living and encouragement to follow God first.

Hearts in Defiance (Romance in the Rockies Book 2)
Hearts in Defiance (Romance in the Rockies Book 2)
Price: CDN$ 3.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, May 8 2015
I found this book to be even better than the first one in the series. I loved how Charles' faith developed and proved how faithful and merciful God is. God changed him and even though the struggle was still there, He gave Charles the strength to fight it. I loved the Truths of scripture woven throughout the book.

The Ultimatum Bride (Mail-Order Matches)
The Ultimatum Bride (Mail-Order Matches)
Price: CDN$ 1.11

1.0 out of 5 stars Okay..., May 2 2015
I loved the idea of this book, but I felt it lacked a depth in the characters and storyline. The romance was very platonic and there was no real chemistry written into the story. If it hadn't been short, I would have stopped reading.

Indian Reversible Magic Sari Art Silk Wrap Around Skirt
Indian Reversible Magic Sari Art Silk Wrap Around Skirt

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, May 1 2015
This was completely different than the picture. The colours and pattern are nothing like the pictures shown. I was very disappointed in what came in the mail.

A Sheriff's Legacy: Book One (Christian Historical Romance) (Western Brides of Tombstone 1)
Price: CDN$ 0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars :), April 26 2015
This was a simple love story with characters who were easy to like and a storyline that was sweet, but very predictable. I found that problems were solved a little too quickly and without much struggle. It all seemed a little too perfect and not very realistic. I did enjoy the book and found it a nice, easy read...gave me a break from my busy days.

Maid to Match
Maid to Match

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., April 25 2015
This review is from: Maid to Match (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book, but I was a little disappointed in the fact that Mack and Tillie fell in love without really knowing each other, but because of their attraction to each other. I found that there was little to the depth of the characters besides their physical attraction.

Art of Romance (The Matchmakers Book 2)
Art of Romance (The Matchmakers Book 2)
Price: CDN$ 2.08

4.0 out of 5 stars :), April 18 2015
At first I had trouble liking the character of Dylan. I found him wimpy and wondered why he couldn't just stand up for himself. But then, I realized that if a woman had been abused like he was with Rhonda, I would not be as hard on her. This book challenged my ideas of manipulative relationships and made me see things from a different perspective.
I also really liked the fact that the female lead was an educated woman and not young and slim. I loved how Dylan found her so beautiful and never considered her size at all. As someone who has always struggled with what true beauty is, this book made me feel beautiful too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8