Profile for sunny > Reviews

Content by sunny

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

sunny

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
A Distant Melody (Wings of Glory Book #1): A Novel
A Distant Melody (Wings of Glory Book #1): A Novel
Price: CDN$ 2.47

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!, Jan. 28 2015
I loved this book. I couldn't stop reading to find out what would happen and how Allie and Walt would finally get together. The only complaint I have is all the technical plane talk. I skimmed most of it because it didn't have much to do with the story. I LOVED the story and am excited to read the next one in this series.

Scattered Petals (Texas Dreams Book #2): A Novel
Scattered Petals (Texas Dreams Book #2): A Novel
Price: CDN$ 5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, Jan. 24 2015
This was a beautiful story of the healing power of forgiveness. The power of Jesus was written seamlessly into the story. I loved how the characters fell in love with the INSIDE of each other. They saw beyond the lovely exteriors.

Unrivaled: a novel (Against All Expectations Collection)
Unrivaled: a novel (Against All Expectations Collection)
Price: CDN$ 5.38

1.0 out of 5 stars repetitive, Jan. 21 2015
I found myself skimming most of the story line because it was the same events and locations over and over again. The story proceeded very slowly because it only kept repeating itself. Also, I found the christian aspects were just put in as an add on. The characters never truly came to belief in Christ, just listened to their friend Winnie and occasionally thought about it. I kept reading because I wanted to read the end (finally), but it contained no variations throughout. I'm glad to be done.

If Only In My Dreams (Seven Brides Seven Brothers Book 5)
If Only In My Dreams (Seven Brides Seven Brothers Book 5)
Price: CDN$ 3.55

4.0 out of 5 stars :), Jan. 18 2015
Another beautiful Donnahue story. I always love the way the Donnahue men love and protect the women they find. The only criticism I would have for this book would be that the solution happened a little too easily and quickly. For such a big problem, the solution didn't take up enough time.

Beguiled
Beguiled

5.0 out of 5 stars :), Jan. 17 2015
This review is from: Beguiled (Kindle Edition)
I loved the way the mystery and the romance mingled together. It was a thoroughly satisfying read...I definitely recommend this book.

A Promise Kept
A Promise Kept

5.0 out of 5 stars really touching, Jan. 11 2015
This review is from: A Promise Kept (Kindle Edition)
Wow. This book was such an amazing example of loving and forgiving people. It made me think and re-evaluate what it means to give someone a second chance. It reminded me the importance of continually praying for people, even when they are no longer in your life. God has been showing me that he doesn't always keep his promises in the time we think he should...when we let it go and come to the end of our dream, he redeems our dream. This book came at the right time...but then that's just like God, isn't it. ;)

Cowgirls Don't Cry: Contemporary Christian Romance
Cowgirls Don't Cry: Contemporary Christian Romance
Price: CDN$ 1.13

2.0 out of 5 stars okay, Jan. 8 2015
This was a sweet story, but is found it a little unrealistic at times. They fell for each other very quickly and without really having any contact with each other. And even tough Chase said at the beginning that he had to have a wife that shared his belief, he pursued Sami before she came to Christ. It felt rushed and a little too predictable. I found myself wishing the story was over.

You Don't Know Me (Deep Haven)
You Don't Know Me (Deep Haven)

5.0 out of 5 stars :), Jan. 3 2015
A beautiful story filled with suspense and redemption. My heart ached for the characters in this story. Again, I loved how Susan May Warren wove the beauty of Christ and His love into the story and the lives of the characters. It is done so gracefully that it doesn't feel preachy or out of place, just beautiful.

The Shadow of Your Smile (Deep Haven)
The Shadow of Your Smile (Deep Haven)

4.0 out of 5 stars :), Jan. 2 2015
I have to say, when I started this book it really bothered me. It bothered me as I saw Eli getting closer to Lee and the hint of an affair on the horizon. I really didn't like the character of Eli at the beginning and I had trouble continuing, except for the fact that I trust Susan May Warren and knew something good would come out of this. I was right. I loved the way she brought Eli and Noelle back together and that they found forgiveness and healing. Only God can bring that kind of healing and it was beautifully written into this story. I love how Susan May Warren brings her characters to the point where they realize their need to let go of the hold they have on their life and let God be God. Another great story!

Happily Ever After (Deep Haven)
Happily Ever After (Deep Haven)

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, Dec 22 2014
I loved how this book wove the gospel, forgiveness, and the love of a God into the plot. The journey the characters went on and the lessons they needed to learn about God were beautiful and taught me many things as well. I loved how scripture was the way that God spoke to them and nudged them along with his promises.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5