Profile for sunny > Reviews

Content by sunny

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

sunny

Page: 1 | 2
A Passion Denied (The Daughters of Boston Book #3)
A Passion Denied (The Daughters of Boston Book #3)
Price: CDN$ 4.37

3.0 out of 5 stars okay but..., Aug. 19 2014
While I did enjoy this book overall, I found the sensuality and constant talk of intimacy disturbing in a Christian fiction book. I also found the time period setting and the story/characters did not match. The culture at that time would not have had the men so open with each other about their feelings. I found it a little too unrealistic at times. While they had real problems, there was as a lot in the book that was too romantic and charming to actually be real.
I liked the plot of the book, the theme of forgiveness and the way the characters turned to God and prayer on a regular basis.

A Passion Most Pure (The Daughters of Boston Book #1): A Novel
A Passion Most Pure (The Daughters of Boston Book #1): A Novel
Price: CDN$ 0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but..., Aug. 17 2014
As much as I enjoyed the book, there were things that I found upsetting.
1. Charity - I really disliked this character. I couldn't believe how evil she was and how her parents had no idea what she was truly like. There were times I almost stopped reading the book because of her. The next book in this series is about her, and I will be skipping that book and going straight to the final book. I can't take more of her.
2. All the men were so driven by their "passions". They seemed to have no control over themselves throughout the book. I found that disturbing. There is no way I would have trusted any of these men enough to marry them, so I found that frustrating.

I loved the character of Faith. She stuck to her convictions and refused to waver on them. I loved that about her.

Out of Control (The Kincaid Brides Book #1)
Out of Control (The Kincaid Brides Book #1)
Price: CDN$ 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars okay, Aug. 10 2014
I found that this book dragged on and on with the action repeating itself over and over...I ended up skimming most of the middle of the book. I found the male lead character difficult to like and his treatment of women hard to take.

Most Peculiar Circumstance, A (Ladies of Distinction Book #2)
Most Peculiar Circumstance, A (Ladies of Distinction Book #2)
Price: CDN$ 5.38

4.0 out of 5 stars The best in the series!, Aug. 8 2014
I've read four books in this series and this is my favourite of all of them. In the other books I found that the dialogue overtook the book and the bickering took the story off track. This book did not have that problem. I found it hilarious, often bursting out laughing while I was reading. The characters were vibrant and easy to like. I loved this book. Definitely worth reading!

Change of Fortune, A
Change of Fortune, A
by Jen Turano
Price: CDN$ 12.26
46 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Much Dialogue!, Aug. 6 2014
This review is from: Change of Fortune, A (Paperback)
I loved the story of this book, but I had a lot of trouble with the constant dialogue. The characters were constantly in conversation and at times it was angry bantering and bickering. It was unimportant to the story line, and dragged the story along. I was intrigued by what would happen, so I kept reading regardless of the difficult dialogue.

Silly Tilly
Silly Tilly
by Eileen Spinelli
Price: CDN$ 9.99
31 used & new from CDN$ 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Favourite, May 16 2014
This review is from: Silly Tilly (Paperback)
This book is filled with playful, rhyming text that brings a giggle to children and adults. I used this in my K-2 class and used it as a springboard for a discussion on friendship and accepting others as they are. It is one of my favourite books...so funny.

What Great Teachers Do Differently, 2nd Ed: 17 Things That Matter Most
What Great Teachers Do Differently, 2nd Ed: 17 Things That Matter Most
by Todd Whitaker
Price: CDN$ 29.27
28 used & new from CDN$ 27.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, May 16 2014
This was a great book! Easy to read and filled with tidbits to think about. This would make for a great staff book club project. Each chapter would make an excellent discussion starter.

GMYLE(R) 4 in 1 Deep Purple Rubberized (Rubber Coated) Hard Case Cover for 13.3" inches Macbook Pro - Black Soft Sleeve Bag and Silicon Keyboard Protector - Clear LCD Screen Protector (Not Fit for Macbook Pro 13 with Retina Display)
Offered by Gigacity
Price: CDN$ 24.98
3 used & new from CDN$ 24.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit, May 16 2014
This was a beautiful product, but it was too big for my MacPro 13. I couldn't attach it to the frame because it was the wrong size.

Seven Year Hitch [Import]
Seven Year Hitch [Import]
Price: CDN$ 7.63
21 used & new from CDN$ 4.16

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, May 29 2013
This review is from: Seven Year Hitch [Import] (DVD)
Poor acting and casting. The characters that were eventually supposed to like each other had no on screen chemistry. I was so disappointed I didn't finish the movie.

Bouquet [Import]
Bouquet [Import]
Price: CDN$ 13.73
20 used & new from CDN$ 9.05

5.0 out of 5 stars So lovely, May 29 2013
This review is from: Bouquet [Import] (DVD)
Such a beautiful and CLEAN movie. I love that there was no bad language or inappropriate scenes. There should be more movies like this made!

Page: 1 | 2