Profile for Marc > Reviews

Content by Marc

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Marc (Cambridge, Ontario Canada)

EA Sports Active 2 - Xbox 360 Standard Edition
EA Sports Active 2 - Xbox 360 Standard Edition
Offered by games-surplus
Price: CDN$ 74.45
5 used & new from CDN$ 25.98

5.0 out of 5 stars It got me to actually workout and feel better, what a game!, Jan. 2 2011
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I am over 40 years old and I always loved playing video games but have never been able to find the motivation to exercice, so when I bought this game, my wife was telling me it was a waste of money, a trend.

I can tell you that the game is not always 100% perfect, sometimes it does not recognize your movement properly (happens once or twice for 20 minutes of playing), but that would be its only downfall, and I can live with that.

This is the first time in my life, for the last 7 weeks now, that I've been able to exercice on a consistent basis. I feel much better, my brain is more aware, I have more energy, and I've lost some pounds. That is awesome!

I am now hooked on setting weekly workout goals (how many workouts, how much time, how many calories to burn) and meeting these goals. This game allows you to choose from a list of preset workout programs, a 9 week program, or you can make your own workout from a list of chosen workouts....The possibilities are endless! This game is FUN! It's also hard, but it's really cool to see your heart rate improve in just a few weeks.

The downfall of any video games is that after you've played it, it gets boring, but this game has so many choices that I think it's going to take a long time before it gets boring. You can boxe, you can mountain bike, you can do some aerobics, you can play soccer, dodgeball, etc. When you workout, you can use the elastic band that comes with the game or use your own weights if you have any. The heart rate monitor is quick, accurate and easy to put on. The game makes a workout not really feel like a chore and I think that's the real SECRET to this game.

I did some research before I purchased this game and I was quite surprised to see that is was not marketed better. This, in my opinion, is the best workout game out there. Trust me when I say that it takes a lot for get me to workout, videos and treadmills included (and I have quite a few of them....collecting dust).

I am very pleased with the Kinect environment, although availability of games is an issue right now, I believe this game alone is worth buying Kinect.

EA Sports, I want to say THANK YOU for making me feel better!

Punishment in Capitals
Punishment in Capitals
Price: CDN$ 14.80
17 used & new from CDN$ 9.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Live and fast!, Nov. 23 2005
This review is from: Punishment in Capitals (Audio CD)
This CD is also available as a DVD and I own both. 1 for headbanging in the car and 1 for the mosh pit at home. The CD version is a bit tougher to find but if you like the fast ND...you'll love this! Good mixture of songs and unbelievable intensity. The only downfall is listening to a ND studio recording after this live gig....you'll probably look at your watch wandering when the song is over. This is intense, live and fast.....Love that Raw Power cover!!!!!

Noise for Music's Sake
Noise for Music's Sake
Price: CDN$ 16.38
5 used & new from CDN$ 16.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Walk down memory lane, Nov. 23 2005
This review is from: Noise for Music's Sake (Audio CD)
If you've been listening to Napalm Death since the very beginning, this 57 songs double cd will remind you of what ND used to stand for: Extreme Brutality and Growling. If you're a new listener, you'll find out how they used to be and how they evolved as a band. A lot of fun hearing the transition between the different line-ups, the playing style and the two lead singers. I go back to the SCUM LP days with ND and I let them go for a few years (when they got overly technical and sslllowerr) but I've been back since a couple of years and really enjoyed the mixture of the 1st CD along with the more obscure stuff of the 2nd CD. This double CD is a real treat for the true ND fan!
Buy it....Support the band don't be an "Ennemy of the music business!