Profile for Hoping4More > Reviews

Content by Hoping4More

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Hoping4More "Books=Love" (Ontario, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
NASCAR Child Safety Harness Backpack
NASCAR Child Safety Harness Backpack
Offered by Baby Sherpa Canada
Price: CDN$ 29.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, April 8 2014
My little 18 month old loves wearing the backpack and I get the ease of mind knowing he can't run off. It's a great way to get him used to walking close to me. It's mainly filled with stuffing with only small "pockets" but I bought it for the look, not the practicality, so it suits me just fine.

NOS®Teck Black (AUDIO Support Charge & Sync) 30 Pin to 8 Pin (iPhone 5, 5S) AUDIO adapter Only iPhone 5, 5S
Offered by NOSTeck Direct
Price: CDN$ 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for my dock, April 8 2014
The adapter that came was white, not black, but I didn't mind. I docked my iPhone 5S on my 30 pin (iPhone 4) docking system and both the audio and charging functions work perfectly.

A Girl Named Grace
A Girl Named Grace
Price: CDN$ 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book About Redeeming Love, May 31 2013
Grace reached the lowest of lows. She was kicked while she was down and found herself utterly hopeless--but it was in that place that she found Him.

A Girl Named Grace is a beautiful love story, but not in the conventional sense. It's about a broken girl coming to life again as she comes to know the uncompromising and unsurpassing love of the One who saved her.

Grace is a real and relatable character that comes to life on the page. When the "God-man" comes into her life he is portrayed in such a real and true way that I could feel His words as I read them.

I loved the style and voice of Janna's writing. I was drawn into Grace's story from the very beginning, and felt her pain and triumphs right along with her. There were moments that my heart squeezed in my chest, and moments when tears fell of their own accord, but I was left with a happy heart and a greater understanding of God's love.

Keyword: Love
Keyword: Love
Price: CDN$ 2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough meat, Dec 19 2012
This review is from: Keyword: Love (Kindle Edition)
A short story about a woman trying to find love. Many short scenes of her dating men she connects with through a dating website. I wanted there to be more of a connection with the main character. Cute story, just wasn't for me.

Outside In
Outside In
Price: CDN$ 10.82
33 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Sequel, March 14 2011
This review is from: Outside In (Paperback)
I absolutely loved Inside Out so I had high hopes for Outside in - and boy did it deliver. I love the dystopian genre and this series has definitely brought a great new flavor to the mix.

Outside In picks up shortly after the events of Inside Out (if you haven't read I.O. yet the rest of the review will contain spoilers) in the broken world of Inside, where the oppressors have been removed but the people are far from free.

One of the things I liked most about this book was its very existence. There are so many stories where the people fight to break free from oppression/dictatorship and the story ends along with the battle for freedom, but in this book, as in the real world, we know that the battle may be won but the war is far from over. I appreciated the realistic handling of how the Scrubs reacted to being "free" - they fought, they went on strike, and they were divided without a common cause.

I was very pleased with Trella's growth as a character and the development of her relationship with Riley. Much like Inside Out there are lots of new things for Trella to discover and tough choices for her to make. We get to see more from our favourite characters, as well as some colourful new ones.

Overall I enjoyed Outside In just as much as Inside Out and would definitely recommend you pick it up.

(Review originally posted on my blog: [...])

Inside Out
Inside Out
Price: CDN$ 11.99
44 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Maria V. Snyder does it again!, March 14 2011
This review is from: Inside Out (Paperback)
I have been itching to read this book since I heard about it. Maria Snyder is one of my favourite authors and she definitely delivered with Inside Out! Trella is a very likable character and I was drawn into her world of pipes and hidden spaces until the last page.

In the future that is Trella's present, she lives as a "scrub" and has the job of cleaning the air, heating, and water pipes that run throughout the world she knows as Inside. She is a "lower" part of the labour class of people born into service for the "uppers" - those who control Inside.

Her best and only friend Cog is always hoping for an escape, something beyond Inside. Trella knows that hoping only leads to pain, so she takes on a dangerous task to prove to him, and to herself, that there is nothing out there.

The character and plot development were well paced and the ending was satisfying while still leaving room for more.

If you haven't read this yet you are missing out on a fantastic dystopian novel.

I review Outside In on my blog here: [...]

Poison Study
Poison Study
by Maria(Author) Snyder
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.40

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Escape, March 14 2011
This review is from: Poison Study (Paperback)
I wanted to read the Opal Cowen series after being drawn the covers on the book-stands. I did my usual review research and found out it was a companion series to this series (Poison Study/Yelena Zaltana)and am I ever glad I did. This series is one of my favourites and Poison Study in particular is in my top 10 books.

Yelena killed a man, she hasn't tried to hide that fact, she knew what she was doing, and what it meant. What she didn't expect was to be offered a choice in her execution. Yelena is offered the position of the Commander's food taster, a dangerous and deadly job, but one that will keep her from the hangman's noose. Set in a medieval style world with castles and warriors, this was an adventure that took me away and had my hooked to the last page.

I reviewed the entire series on my blog here: [...]

Alpha
Alpha
by Rachel Vincent
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
16 used & new from CDN$ 2.28

5.0 out of 5 stars So sad to see it end!!, March 11 2011
This review is from: Alpha (Mass Market Paperback)
Originally posted on my blog: alwayshoping4more.blogspot.com

Wow, just wow! I can't even express how much I have loved this series. I am beyond sad that Alpha is the end of Faythe's story (at least what we see of it). Rachel Vincent is one of very few authors that I will buy a book just because her name is on it. I fell in love with her writing when I first read SHIFT and I haven't been able to get enough of it since. If you haven't read the SHIFTERS series or her YA series SOUL SCREAMERS you are definitely missing out on some amazing story telling, and some of my favourite fictional characters.

Now to review Alpha...

I find it hard to review this one without spoilers, but I shall try. Alpha was bursting at the seems with everything that I have loved about the previous books in this series: the feisty main character, swoon-worthy boys, non-stop action, unexpected plot twists, and both heart-wrenching and heart-warming moments. I laughed, I cried and I gasped aloud (startling the other people in the room) and never left the edge of my proverbial seat.

Faythe finally gets to face off with Calvin Malone and his allies, but not without the inevitable obstacles, and allies of her own. We follow her fight both politically and literally, riding the roller-coaster of events that lead to the biggest showdown Faythe and her pride has had to face yet.

I have to leave it there. There were so many things that I was thrilled and utterly depressed about in ALPHA and those moments need to be experienced first hand. Great job Rachel and I look forward to reading your new secret novel.

My Rating For Alpha: 5/5
My Rating for the SHIFTERS series: 5/5

Fire Study
Fire Study
28 used & new from CDN$ 0.39

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't want this series to end!, March 11 2011
This review is from: Fire Study (Paperback)
Turns out there is something that Yelena is afraid to face...herself

Again, I loved this one. Maria had me hooked 'till the last word. Set mainly in Sitia Yelena tries to discover her own powers while battling a seemingly endless list of people who want her dead. She starts to wonder if the Commander was right to try and destroy magic all along. Now that she had grown to love both Sitia and Ixia, can Yelena choose between them in the war that is brewing? With lots of twists thrown in along the way I couldn't put it down.

This is the final book in the trilogy and it ends well enough that Maria could leave Yelena's story or come back to it after the Glass Series. Fantastic series! I'm so glad that I found it!

I reviewed the whole series (and companion series) on my blog here: [...]

Magic Study
Magic Study
by Mara V.Snydr
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Yelena is just full of surprises! Loved it!, March 11 2011
This review is from: Magic Study (Paperback)
Now in the land of her birth, Yelena must learn to accept and learn to use her powers. With girls going missing and people making her out to be a spy, every minute counts. In this second book of the Study Series we get to see many different clans and their villages all over Sitia as Yelena tries to help track down the kidnapper.

This one kept me guessing even more than the first. It had a unique feel to it with more dominance being put on the magic aspect of Yelena's training over the physical training in the first book. We get introduced to a whole new array of characters but of course the main characters from the first book make appearances along the way. Great read, I ate this one up!

I review the entire series on my blog here: [...]

Page: 1 | 2 | 3