ARRAY(0xb2e8eda4)

Profile for John > Reviews

Content by John

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

John "The Man" (Florida)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Weathered
Weathered
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 57.96
23 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh..., July 3 2004
This review is from: Weathered (Audio CD)
Creed's break-up was so predictable after this CD was released. This sounds nothing like the old Creed. When "My Own Prison" was released, Creed was known as hard rock/alternitave/grunge. Then when Human Clay was released, they started going the opposite direction with radio-friendly slow songs like "Higher" and "With Arms Wide Open". Now on this album, Creed has completely sold-out by turning almost every song into the same sound that got played on the radio. Instead of a few slow songs and the rest hard, Creed has now made a whole CD full of "Higher" and "With Arms Wide Open". Every song on this CD sounds almost the same. When I bought this CD like 3 years ago, I said to myself "This is it for Creed." And I was 100% right.
The only other topic I would like to address is that, despite what people tell themselves and what MTV and the news tell people, Creed IS NOT--and I repeat--IS NOT a "Christian-Rock" band. Did anyone ever see or pay attention to them whenever they were being interviewed and the topic was brought up? Scott Stapp's almost exact words were "I don't know what people have been saying, but we are certainly not a Christian-Rock band. The messages in our songs can be looked at differently in a certain point-of-view that could be related to religion, but we are not a Christian-Rock band. Our songs are about finding your true self and talk about the search for "the right path" in life."
--Now, those were not the exact words, but they were on the same lines as that. So why everyone just completely ignores what the actual creator of the songs tells people is beyond me. But anyone with half a brain and doesn't think that they are right and know the asnwers to everything--you should know that Creed is NOT a "Christian-Rock Band" and do not pay any attention to retards who think or tell you that they are because they are dead wrong.
Over-all, "Weathered" was a weak album. "Human Clay" was weak as well, but better than "Weathered". "My Own Prison" was the only good album that Creed was able to put out. For any new-comers to Creed, Ignore "Human Clay" and "Weathered" and just go for "My Own Prison". It's for your own good.
--Any comments, feel free to e-mail me at rambobodes14@hotmail.com--

Greatest Hits  '93-'03
Greatest Hits '93-'03
Price: CDN$ 9.49
25 used & new from CDN$ 2.98

5.0 out of 5 stars "Greatest Hits"--not the same as "Best Of...", June 29 2004
This review is from: Greatest Hits '93-'03 (Audio CD)
WARNING: If you have not bought this CD already, this is ot a "Best Of..." CD, it is a "Greatest Hits" CD. And yes, there is a HUGE difference. What people don't seem to understand is that a "Best Of..." CD is tracks in which the band chooses which ones they thought were their best work. In those cases, songs that usually weren't released as radio singles normally come into play. But on a "Greatest Hits" CD, it is strictly songs that were aired on the radio, hence calling them "Hits". So everyone that writes a review complaining that "All they put were their overplayed radio singles...blah blah blah" Well, then you should have read the title first moron--Greatest Hits IS radio singles!!!
311's Greatest Hits, in my opinion, is an awesome CD for any true 311 fan. True 311 fans don't seperate the radio singles from the rest of the songs. True 311 fans look at each song on it's own and would never get sick of the songs, no matter how much they are played on the radio. The reason 311 released a "Greatest Hits" and not a "Best Of..." album was explained on the 311 website from SA Martinez (vocalist)--He explained that 311 had too many truly awesome songs that they had written and there was no way they could ever agree on only a select few to put on a CD--therfore, the only other option was to release all of the radio singles. Here is my opinion of the CD:
1. Down - 5/5 - from 311's self-titled album(aka the Blue Album). The song that got 311 into the big scene back in '96. Good rockin' song even after 8 years of radio play(and it's still being played)
2. Flowing - 5/5 - From "Soundsystem". This song is one of my favorite 311 songs. Just full of energy and good sound.
3. All Mixed Up - 6/5 - From "Self-Titled". This is just an all out awesome song. No matter how many times I hear it, it is just amazing. Awesome live too.
4. Amber - 5/5 - From "From Chaos". Excellent mellowing-out song. Cool guitar effects and undeniably catchy. You'll be humming the song all day.
5. Come Original - 5/5 - From "Soundsystem". Not much to say about this one except excellent tune, beat, and some cool lyrics.
6. Beautiful Disaster - 7/5 - From "Transistor". Still remains one of my all time favorite 311 songs. I can't get enough of it. The guitars are just amazing and the song is just so friggen' good.
7. Creatures (For A While) - 6/5 - From "Evolver". This song never gets old. From the hard-hitting opening riff after the "...Watch it now..." to the closing chorus, this song is just pure rockin' energy. Excellent song.
8. Do You Right - 6/5 - From "Music". The only song from their debut album that made it on this album. But it was a good choice!! Excellent song from beginning to end. Love the rap/reggae breakdown near the end of the song.
9. I'll Be Here Awhile - 5/5 - From "From Chaos". Like "Amber" just an awesome mellowing-out song. Never gets old.
10. You Wouldn't Believe - 5/5 - From "From Chaos". Awesome rockin' song. Catchy chorus and cool guitar riffs. Up there on my favorites list.
11. Transistor - 5/5 - From "Transistor". Great rocking song. Although it sounds better and more powerful as the opening track to the "Transistor" CD than just a song thrown in the middle of a mix. Still an awesome rocker.
12. Don't Stay Home - 6/5 - From "Self-Titled". My favorite song from "Self-Titled". An awesome funk-rock song that is as catchy as it is rocking.
13. Homebrew - 5/5 - From "Grassroots". The only single from "Grassroots", but a good choice. One of my all time favorite 311 songs. Reccomend hearing it played live--one of the greatest experiences ever.
14. Beyond The Gray Sky - 6/5 - From "Evolver". This song is just phenominal. The guitar work and the lyrics are just so good that this song is easily one of my all time favorite 311 songs. Tim Mahoney's guitar solo is just so relaxing and amazing. I love this song.
15. Love Song - 5/5 - From "50 First Dates Soundtrack". This song is not a 311 original, but I wish it could have been. It's a funky/melodic song that is very catchy. I actually like this version better than The Cure's original version. 311 captures what the songs should have sounded like all along.
16. How Do You Feel? - 7/5 - (Previously Unreleased). This song is AWESOME!! It is just a straight up rocker with a cool funky bridge. You will be humming the chorus to yourself all day. Excellent song.
17. First Straw - 7/5 - (Previously Unreleased). The 2nd new song takes a different direction than the 1st one, but is still just as good. This is just an all-out funky/good time/summer song. The tune is very catchy. Kind of on the same lines as "Love Song" only a little faster. Excellent song.
So overall, 311's Greatest Hits is an excellent album for anyone. Whether you're a hardcore 311 fan, a decent 311 fan, or just a fan of the songs that they released on the radio. There is something here for everyone. I'm so glad they released a "Greatest Hits" album rather than a "Best Of..." album, because usually when a band released a "Best Of..." album, it signifies the band's ending or breaking up. And 311 rocks too much to break up at this point. 311 IS THE BEST!!!!

The Punisher
The Punisher
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 13.95
6 used & new from CDN$ 1.57

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh..., June 15 2004
This review is from: The Punisher (Audio CD)
This CD is average. Nothing too exciting. First off, I am not a fan of Nickelback, Puddle of Mudd, and bands of that sort. Some of the songs on the CD are really good. My favorite would have to be "Sold Me" by Seether. This is definately a step up from Daredevil and Spider-Man (which was one of the WORST soundtracks ever with crap bands like Sum41 and that god-awful song "Hero" by Chad Kroeger and Josey Scott). But this CD has many flaws to it. the main flaw being that the CD is EDITED??? Come on now. The film is rated "R" in itself, and not many little kids are going to be able to see it, so needless to say, not many little kids are going to have any interest in the album if they haven't even seen the movie. So why are they worried about leaving swears in the songs?? To all who have not seen the Punisher movie yet--this CD reflects nothing on the actual movie--the movie is excellent, go see it!!!
One other major flaw was Seether's re-made "Broken" with guest vocalist Amy Lee. Now question to everyone saying that this was the best song on the CD: Have you ever even heard (or did you even know of) the original version of "Broken" on Seether's "Disclaimer" album??? That version is 100 times better than this new one. Amy Lee's vocals are too loud and they totally drown out the ACTUAL creator of the song, Shaun Morgan. This isn't Amy Lee's work, therefor, she should not have the main spotlight in the song. This was a song by Seether, and Amy Lee is merely just a "guest appearance". Shaun Morgan's vocals on the original "Broken" are so much better and fit so much nicer for the mood that the song is supposed to give off. If you haven't heard the orginal version of "Broken", I highly reccomend doing so--it is so much better. Some may have heard it on the TV spot trailer for the Punisher movie.
Other than the edited content and the bad re-make of the originally phenominal "Broken", the CD still comes out as an average CD. There are some good songs, but sadly, there are more bad songs than good songs. Hopefully the next Marvel movie has a better soundtrack--or hopefully they make a Punisher 2 movie and the soundtrack will improve greatly. But, who knows?? All we can do is hope...
--Any comments, feel free to e-mail me at Rambobodes14@hotmail.com

Disclaimer II
Disclaimer II
Price: CDN$ 15.70
24 used & new from CDN$ 5.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the original "Disclaimer", June 15 2004
This review is from: Disclaimer II (Audio CD)
When I first heard that Seether was re-releasing "Disclaimer" I was a little worried that they were on the verge of selling-out. But out of respect for the band, I bought this CD on the day of its release. I was 100% WRONG on my original thoughts of the CD.
Seether has re-recorded, and re-mastered the truly awesome songs off of "Disclaimer" and they sound so much better. The remastered songs sound 100% better and more professional than the original cuts of the songs on "Disclaimer". Even the band says on their website that they were never truly happy with the original mastered versions of the songs. The added guitar harmonics in "Driven Under" just gave me chills, they blend together so well with the song.
Seether also has added 8 new tracks to the CD. All of the new tracks are excellent, except for the new version of "Broken" which features guest vocalist Amy Lee from Evenescense. The original acoustic version of "Broken" was so much better than the new one made for "The Punisher" album. Amy Lee's vocals are too loud and they completely drown out the original and better vocals of the ACTUAL composer of the song, Shaun Morgan. It's not Amy Lee's song, so why does she have to be more noticable than Shaun, who created the song in the first place?? But aside from all of that, the extra tracks are awesome. "Sold Me" is one of the greatest songs I have ever heard, and "Got It Made" is right up there too.
The only other flaw with this album (other than the new version of "Broken") is the title. "Disclaimer II" just doesn't sound right. It sounds like a movie sequel. I know it's a minor problem, but come on, I would have taken something like "Disclaimer: Special Edition" or "Disclaimer: Remastered" or something like that, but "Disclaimer II" just sounds stupid and half-assed, like they didn't wanna spend time picking out a name that worked. But the name doens't effect the awesomeness of the CD in any way. It was just something that bothered me.
The Bonus DVD is awesome. The live footage is truly worth having and the videos are pretty cool as well.
So, over all, "Disclaimer II" is truly an awesome CD. If you were a big fan of "Disclaimer", like I was, times that by like 100 and you end up with "Disclaimer II". This album is definately worth the buy for old and new Seether fans. Just re-release the new version of "Broken" either without Amy Lee, or just take her vocal level down just a little bit so we can actually hear Shaun Morgan, and Seether will be on its way to being one of the greatest hard rock bands out right now.(...)

Fallen
Fallen
Offered by importcds__
Price: CDN$ 6.78
30 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Is this Evanescence or The Amy Lee Experience??, May 9 2004
This review is from: Fallen (Audio CD)
First of all, before I go any further, I have to say that this review in NO WAY is downing Evanescence and their music.
Personally, I don't really care for this band to begin with--BUT I am NOT one of these "metal-heads" who are pissed off that this band is more popular than their underground "slit my wrist" and "everyone hates me" bands. I am also not one of these people who do not like this band because they are "Linkin Park rip-offs" and all that bull crap. To you people, I say shove it and go whine to someone else. I simply just do not care for this band very much--and I will leave it at that.
While I did enjoy a few select songs and there is some definate potential in this band as far as talent goes (I'm not saying that this band has phenominal talent--far from it--they don't have THAT much talent, but they most certainly have SOME talent)this CD definately was not just another "pop hit made famous from the overrated MTV culture"--there is, I admit, some truly good work on this CD. The guitars are nothing too special, neither are the drums or bass, BUT--the lack of "phenominal" talent does not stop them from writing some powerful and overall good songs. I am willing to bet anybody: give this band a few more years to "progress" and "become better at their musical abilty", and you are gonna have a truly kick ass band within a few years (hell, I will probably even like them more)
BUT....BUT....BUT...this so called "band" has some commercial and publicity issues that they should address and fix: and her name is Amy Lee.
Now, I am not saying that it is wrong or stupid for a woman to be singing in a hard-rock band (hell, it's something new and sounds half-way decent, run with it) My main issue is that when I see Evanescence anywhere, there is no "Evanescence" but instead there is "Amy Lee with a few underrated musicians". And if you really look closely into the commercial aspect of the band, you will see what I am talking about.
I mean, look at the CD cover. That explains it all right there. On the front is a picture of Amy Lee--and ONLY Amy Lee. And as you flip it over to the back of the CD to read the song titles, you conveniently see 3 guys standing there and you go "Oh, there's the rest of the band, on the BACK of the friggen CD." And that doesn't just start with "Fallen"--take a look at all of their singles and import CD's--EVERY ONE has a picture of Amy Lee on the front--AND ONLY AMY LEE!!!! Now I am a true music fanatic. I have over 300 CD's in my collection. I am also a drummer in a band myself. And where I come from, and what I've learned from listening to and being in bands is that if there is a "band" then credit should be given to the "band". Not only the lead singer. And, sadly, this is where Evanescence seems to be lost.
The talent is not in the powerful vocals, meaningful lyrics, and half-way decent piano playing. The talent is in all of those things PLUS the guitar work, bass lines, and drum beats put together. Without those, there is only Amy Lee--which I can tell you right now, if it was her on a solo career, she would be compared to a dark image of Michelle Branch or something.
As far as the "band" goes, and the songs that are on this CD, it's really nothing THAT great. It's stuff we have all heard before, just with a female vocalist. But that doesn't make it bad. Just not completely original. But like I said, this band shows definate potential for the future, they just need to find their true talent--and most of all, tone down Amy Lee's publicity and give more credit to the band as a whole.
Overall--decent effort, keep up the hard (and sometimes good) work.

Commitment
Commitment
Price: CDN$ 18.74
14 used & new from CDN$ 8.61

3.0 out of 5 stars A step in the right direction, but not a big enough step..., Feb. 3 2004
This review is from: Commitment (Audio CD)
Lucky Boys Confusion's "Commitment" is definately better than thier previous album "Throwing The Game" which was a dissapointment to the TRUE early fans of LBC because of the CD's tracks full of remakes that we had already heard from past albums. But with Commitment, LBC is heading in the right direction, but they still need to work on it a little bit. Here is my overall review of Commitment:
1. "Champions Dub"--just an intro, can't really rate it...
2. "Hey Driver"--5/5--Hard hitting opener with a catchy chorus and some cool guitar work. You will want to crank this one if you are driving.
3. "Broken"--5/5--One of the best songs on the cd. It is sure to be one of their singles.
4. "Mr. Wilmington"--5/5--Excellent song. Very melodic and catchy--this was really a sign of LBC maturing in their song writing.
5. "Beware"--2/5--First bad song on the album. No question about it, it is a 100% Blink-182 inspired pop-punk song. The whole time I could hear Tom DeLonge's annoying sqealy voice singing this song. Not their best effort.
6. "Commitment"--4/5--Good song. A little short but at the same time catchy and rocking.
7. "Atari"--3/5--Not great. Kinda catchy, but a little too much on the pop-punk side. The lyrics are kind of badly put together too: "I just wanna drink beer and play Atari/You can tell your mom how I make my money/I don't care."--Come on guys, it sounds like a 15 year old whining and carrying on...
8. "Sunday Afternoon"--2/5--The dead spot on the cd. It has a rap beat and a rap melody in the backround with some melodic singing. This didn't go along with the rest of the cd.
9. "Closer to our Graves"--5/5--The CD finally starts to pick up again. Good catchy song with some good guitar work.
10. "Something to Beleive"--4/5--This was an alright song. Catchy but very repeditave and can get a little annoying sounding after a few listens. But I still never skip it.
11. "You Weren't There"--3/5--Really short with an annoying verse melody, but makes up for it with the hard hitting chorus.
12. "Blame"--4/5--Good song. Not much to say about it. Just an overall good song.
13. "South Union"--4/5--Some good guitar work here. Kind of catchy.
14. "Ordinary"--5/5--I really enjoyed this song. Just good catchy melody. Overall good song.
15. "Medicine and Gasoline"--3/5--Dissapointing ender. I had high hopes for the end song after Growing Out Of It's "50 Friends...Keg of Killians...", Soapbox Spectacle's "Envy" (I don't count Dumb Pop Song as the ender because it wasn't a new song), and Throwing The Game's "Slip"--This song just wasn't anything special to cheer about, it was just another song. I really had no problem skipping this one and just ending with "Ordinary".
So overall, the CD is enjoyable and good, but has some flaws. If LBC is going to wait 2 1/2 years each time to finally release a new CD, they are going to have to kick it up a notch, cause in my opinon, this CD was very good and it is heading in the right direction as far as maturing musically, but I was dissapointed in waiting 2 1/2 years for this. I thought it would be better. But compared to "Throwing The Game", it did get better.
So if you are new to LBC or have only been a fan since "Throwing The Game" was released, you will probably find this cd to be one of the best. But if you grew up with LBC and lived in the same neighborhood as them (like me) and were fans of theirs since the old days when they were strictly a "local band", this cd is just "OK"--not bad, not phenominal, but just an "OK" cd. Good effort though guys--keep up the good work!

Hulk (Widescreen Special Edition) [2 Discs]
Hulk (Widescreen Special Edition) [2 Discs]
DVD ~ Eric Bana
Offered by M and N Media Canada
Price: CDN$ 42.98
26 used & new from CDN$ 1.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Why all the bad reviews?? This movie was excellent!!, Dec 24 2003
I don't understand at all. I am just too confused here. "Hulk" in my opinion was one of the best movies ever. It was just perfect. The plot was very well made, the acting was great, and the way that the film captured all of the rage and emotions of the characters was just what was missing from all these other superhero movies (excpet Batman--that was another great film.) So why all the bad reviews?? I think I have a good idea why...
First off--I have heard many people complaining that this movie dragged to much and "The Hulk" was not present enough. OK--If they wanted to make this a high-budget movie with poor acting and just dumb action scenes and an hour and a half of the 2 hour movie was just full of the hulk wrecking havoc on things--the movie would have been the worst movie of the year. What people do not understand about the "Hulk" himself is that Bruce Banner only transforms into the hulk when he becomes enraged beyond his control--which cannot happen every 5 minutes!!! It would make NO sense!!! His emotions go nuts when he can't control them anymore--he cannot just simply choose when he wants to become the hulk--it happens to him weather he likes it or not. So please take another look at this movie and PAY ATTENTION to the plot and story.
Another reason this movie got bad reviews--TOO MANY PEOPLE WALKED INTO THIS MOVIE HOPING FOR ANOTHER "SPIDER-MAN"!!!!!!! Give it up already!!! Yes Spider-Man was a hit and a good movie. But the Hulk and Spider-Man are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!! You people need to get your heads out of the gutters and start realizing that just because a superhero movie is made, it doesn't mean it will be the same type as another one. I have heard a lot of people say that Spider-Man had more action and funnier and blah blah blah...--BUT I happen to think that Spider-Man was also very very little-kiddish and light hearted. Yes there was more scenes with the hero in action, but spider-man had control over himself and was out to save the world--where as in "Hulk" (or at least the first one if they choose to make a sequal) doesn't understand what he is and can't really "save the world". The problem with spider-man was that it didn't capture enough character plot--while being a very good movie, at the same time, it was very poorly written and the characters brought nothing emotional or special to the screen (mainly because it was a bunmch of teenie-bopper actors). But the HULK's main purpose was to capture the raw human emotions and the anger and pain present in Bruce's mind. Eric Bana, I thought, played his part to perfection. People need to start to realize that Spider-man was made light hearted and a little humorous so the "family" can have a fun night together watching a movie that is for the "family"--but THE HULK is not exactly a "family movie"--it is not light hearted, or funny, it is very dramatic and intense. So all you Spider-Man obsessors--seek elsewhere if you haven't seen thins movie yet. It is not for you.
I personally feel that more superhero movies should just completely ditch the whole light-hearted, playful, family feel that Spider-Man had. People may say "oh but it has a PG-13 rating, so it isn't a complete family film."--BUT what they don't realize is that Spider-Man could have been PG, but they wanted to attract teenagers, hence the PG-13 rating. But movies like The Hulk, Batman, Blade--those superhero movies are mainly targeted torwards people seeking a suphero movie with NO little-kiddish stuff to it and is just pure action, drama, or emotion.
"THE HULK" runs for about 2 hours and 10 minutes. It is rated PG-13 for violence/action sequences, breif language, partial nudity, and some disturbing images.

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2-Disc Collector's Edition) (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Johnny Depp
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 21.87
94 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget Orlando Bloom--Go see this movie for Johnny Depp!!, Oct. 1 2003
I was able to catch a sneak preview of this movie before it was released to the public and all I can remember is before seeing it, a 100 girls were waiting anxiously for the release of the "new movie starring Orlando Bloom". Well I must say after seeing this movie, Orlando Bloom is a mere high-school melodrama actor compared to what Johnny Depp brought to the screen. Sure Mr. Bloom brought his bubble-gum boyish looks to the screen for all the teenie-bopper girls--but that is ALL that he brought, he somehow left his acting abilities behind somewhere on the way to the filmming of this movie.
Thank god Johnny Depp was there to make up for what Orlando could have ruined. Depp's role as the imfamous Captain Jack Sparrow just made the movie phenominal bringing action, laughs, drama, and overall superb acting to the screen. From the first scene of Sparrow, I knew that this movie was going to be held together single-handedly by Johnny Depp. And the performance he gave made this movie easily one of my favorite movies this summer.
I won't say too much about the plot because it is nothing too complicated: Jack Sparrow, a drunken "easy-going" pirate, is on a quest to find the Black Pearl and become the rightful captain of it. Along with Will Turner (Bloom) they set out to find the ship and rescue the governer's daughter from the clutches of the pirate crew. Needless to say--very easy to follow.
Produced by the legendary Jerry Bruckheimer(Crimson Tide, Bad Boys 1&2, Con Air, The Rock, Enemy Of The State, etc.), Pirates of the Caribbean comes with a bang with some great action scenes, some truly hilarious moments, and of course, an amazing performance from Johnny Depp.
So for all you wannabe "Mrs. Orlando Bloom" girls--I suggest you stick to watching "Lord of the Rings" where there is no actor that is taking the complete lead. Because in Pirates of the Carribean, Johnny Depp steals the show by a long shot. Sorry Orlando--better luck next time. Maybe with some acting classes added onto your boyish good-looks, you could one day possibly live up to Johnny Depp's standards. Just possibly...
"Pirates of the Caribbean" runs for about 2 hours and 10 minutes. It is rated PG-13 for action violence.

Distance To Here
Distance To Here
Price: CDN$ 7.61
56 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars LIVE's 4th album--so far, so good..., Aug. 3 2003
This review is from: Distance To Here (Audio CD)
LIVE--One of the greatest bands ever. Known mainly for their "U2" style of music and their powerful lyrics, LIVE is one of those bands that most people have heard of, but not really heard. Their debut album "Mental Jewelry" was an amazing album, but it did not get noticed hardly at all. Then came their 2nd album "Throwing Copper" which hit and hit hard--sending LIVE to the top of the charts with singles like Selling The Drama, I Alone, and Lightning Crashes. Then came the highly underrated (and best album in my opinion), "Secret Samadhi" which captured the experimental, darker, and emotinal side of LIVE. The album was not as big as "Throwing Copper" but the music was definatly better. And now, their 4th album, "The Distance to Here", proves that LIVE can keep rocking for years to come. Here are my opinions of the tracks.
1. The Dolphin's Cry - 10/10--The hit radio single
2. The Distance - 9/10--catchy song with some cool lyrics
3. Sparkle - 9/10
4. Run to the Water - 10/10--One of my all time favorite LIVE songs--very catchy chorus with powerful lyrics
5. Sun - 9/10--one of the harder songs on the album
6. Voodoo Lady - 9/10--Cool lyrics mixed with some darker and harder riffs
7. Where Fishes Go - 8/10
8. Face and Ghost - 8/10
9. Feel the Quiet River Rage - 9/10
10. Meltdown - 10/10--very cool lyrics and catchy riffs
11. They Stood Up for Love - 9/10--another hit single
12. We Walk in the Dream - 10/10--A slower song mixed with darker riffs and some of Ed's more emotional lyrics
13. Dance With You - 10/10--Hands down my favorite ballad from LIVE--awesome guitar riffs with some cool lyrics.
So in the end--this album gets a 10/10. So far, LIVE has not dissapointed with ANY of their work. Keep it up.

Evolver
Evolver
Offered by dodax-online
Price: CDN$ 6.74
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars 311's 7th studio album--they still got it!!, July 22 2003
This review is from: Evolver (Audio CD)
Here it is, 311's 7th studio album. I was the first one in Best Buy picking it up on its release date on July 22, 2003. It all started with their first, and best in my opinion, "Music", then their 2nd release "Grassroots" was a strong, if not the strongest, follow up album, then came their big break with the release of their self-titled album, they continued to brng it up with "Transistor" and "Soundsystem", and then their 2000 release "From Chaos" was also very good. After 6 great albums, 311 not only can back them up with a 7th album, but with a 7th album that is phenominal. Here is my review of the cd:
1. Creatures (For A While)--5/5--A truly AWESOME opening song. Full of energy. If you haven't heard this before, play it in your car and you will find yourself rocking out withing the first 30 seconds!
2. Reconsider Everything--5/5--Excellent song. I love the little guitar lick played with the intro riff.
3. Crack the Code--5/5--Soft and mellow in the beginning, then goes out to a fast-paced old-school 311 rap, then the hard hitting chorus. Excellent rocking song.
4. Same Mistake Twice--5/5--Another great rocking song. Full of cool guitar riffs and energy.
5. Beyond the Gray Sky--5/5--This is a work of art for 311. Very slow and melodic with a heavier melodic/ballad chorus and a truly phenominal guitar solo.
6. Seems Uncertain--5/5--Another slow melodic song. Nick Hexum definately shows his singing talent in this song. Very good song.
7. Still Dreaming--5/5--After 2 slow songs, 311 hits hard again with this hard-rocking song with an excellent intro sung throughout the rest of the song, some old-school SA rapping in the verses, and a cool chorus.
8. Give Me A Call--5/5--A cool funky song. I love the chorus. Just an all-out great song.
9. Don't Dwell--5/5--A nice, short, and sweet rocking song with a hard hitting verse and an awesome ending chorus.
10. Other Side Of Things--5/5--Verses are all old-school 311, with an excellent pre-chorus and chorus that really brings out SA's singing abilities.
11. Sometimes Jacks Rule The Realm--5/5--One of my ALL TIME FAVORITE 311 songs!!! This song is a masterpeice. Some truly excellent guitar work in the beginning and some really good singing from Nick, all leading up to an unforgettable and catchy chorus in the end. Perfect ending to the flawless cd.
So in the end, this CD was PERFECT!! I loved every second of it. I listen to it all the time even after owning it for almost 8 months. I will never get sick of it or any other 311 album for that matter. Keep em' coming!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7