Profile for George Watson > Reviews

Content by George Watson

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

George Watson (Vancouver, BC Canada)

Soul Of Money
Soul Of Money
by Lynne Twist
Price: CDN$ 14.44
41 used & new from CDN$ 5.41

5.0 out of 5 stars A Life-Changing Transformational Work..., June 1 2007
This review is from: Soul Of Money (Paperback)
My business coach assigned me to read "The Soul Of Money" and so my attitude going in was akin to when I was in nineth grade and TOLD to read "The Outsiders" by my English teacher.

By the time I had finished reading the introduction and chapter one I was hooked -I couldn't put it down!

When I got to chapter five I started having difficulty holding back the tears. It really touched moved and inpired me!

Lynne talks about how there is a "conversation" going on in the world called "scarcity" and how we have ALL bought into it. She says that scarcity has three mindsets: 1. There's not enough, 2. More is better, and 3. That's just the way it is. She discusses how these mindsets rip us off as human beings and how they take from us, how they produce suffering in our lives and effect -not just money- but every area of our lives.

The alternative conversation is one called "sufficiency" and has a mindset that says, "there's enough ALREADY for all that I NEED." Once you change the conversation into one of sufficiency then you start to become free from the power and hurtfulness of scarcity.

The significance of the mindset of scarcity hit me right after reading chapter five. I hardly made it to the end of the chapter when I started just weeping. My life will never be the same because of this book. I only hope that others will take Lynne's message as seriously as myself and apply it to their lives. This book has made it into my top five of all time!