Profile for Janick > Reviews

Content by Janick

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Janick (Quebec, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Wilton Perfect Results 4 Inch Round Tart/Quiche Pan, Set of 6
Wilton Perfect Results 4 Inch Round Tart/Quiche Pan, Set of 6
Price: CDN$ 19.99
7 used & new from CDN$ 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger than 4 inches, March 1 2013
These are very high quality but they are 4 inches and 3/4, not 4 inches (12 cms, not 10 cms). They are thick, heavy and sturdy and very non-stick. Love them!

Jillian Michaels: Killer Buns & Thighs
Jillian Michaels: Killer Buns & Thighs
DVD ~ Jillian Michaels
Price: CDN$ 15.00
36 used & new from CDN$ 4.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Still on Level 1, Nov. 14 2011
This dvd is VERY good! My buns and thighs were sore for 4 days after I first did Level 1! My buns are getting smaller and my thighs almost don't touch after two weeks of doing the video 2-3 times /week and jogging 2-3 times/week. There are 3 40-minute workouts from hard to insane. I still haven't tried Level 2 or 3 so it's money well spent. My only problem with this dvd is how excited Jillian gets around Natalie, one of her two workout buddies. It's really distracting.

Jillian Michaels - No More Trouble Zones
Jillian Michaels - No More Trouble Zones
DVD ~ Jillian Michaels
Price: CDN$ 7.99
13 used & new from CDN$ 4.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't expect to like it so much!, Nov. 14 2011
I was hesitant to order a Jillian dvd because I wasn't sure she was a serious trainer and not just a television personality. I ordered No More Trouble Zones and Killer Buns and Thighs. The first time I did both I was so sore! After two weeks, also jogging 2-3 times a week, I saw my abs and buns like I hadn't seen them in years! I really like how structured the circuits are. The 50 minutes fly by because there is no down time, it's go-go-go. Jillian's personality is very subdued in this video. Money well spent.

KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender with Polycarbonate Jar
KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender with Polycarbonate Jar
2 used & new from CDN$ 174.72

5.0 out of 5 stars I splurged!, April 25 2010
I love this blender! Straight out of the box it felt heavy, sturdy, reliable. It's a world above my old flimsy blender! So far I have made all kinds of bean speads and smoothies in it and it's wonderful. To clean the jar I run it a few seconds with a litre of water in it because you cannot take it apart at the base.

Supermarket Vegan: 225 Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes for Real Peoplein the Real World
by Donna Klein
Price: CDN$ 16.97
37 used & new from CDN$ 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy vegan, April 25 2010
Once more Donna Klein gives easy tasty vegan recipes without any fake "meat" and other soy products. The ingredients she uses for this book are readily available in supermarkets, maybe a little too much for me sometimes. It has lots of canned beans, vegetables and fruits in the recipes which makes it faster and easier but I find myself substitutating those with fresh stuff and soaked beans! Still am a great fan!

Mari Winsor Pilates for Pink W
Mari Winsor Pilates for Pink W
DVD ~ Gaiam
Offered by OMydeals
Price: CDN$ 54.95
10 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Mari is not my favorite..., March 9 2010
This video is a little hard to follow in the beginning, I needed more than 3 or 4 times before I could do it without looking at the screen too much. I like that it is long (50 minutes) and works the whole body. It is a great workout when I feel wiped out and sore because it stretches and is all done on the mat. Mari gets excited in one or two spots that makes me roll my eyes but the workout is effective so I bare with it! "Smile" "You gonna look good in those jeans"...

Update: Oops! The resistance band just broke on me! (June 2011)

Stability Ball Workout - DVD
Stability Ball Workout - DVD
DVD ~ Quickfix
Offered by OMydeals
Price: CDN$ 51.06
4 used & new from CDN$ 34.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight to the point, March 9 2010
This review is from: Stability Ball Workout - DVD (DVD)
I ordered this because I had a stability ball and didn't know how to use it. The video is divided in 10 minutes for upper body, lower body and core. Time flies this way and before you know it it's done. Keli Roberts gives clear directions and is likeable. You need a ball, two sets of weights (I use 3 pounds and 10 lbs) and a mat (or carpeted area). The video is dynamic and inventive, I do it as often as possible and feel it in my body. Good job.

MANGE PRIE AIME (POCHE)
MANGE PRIE AIME (POCHE)
by ÉLIZABETH GILBERT
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 12.95
49 used & new from CDN$ 0.35

5.0 out of 5 stars J'ai tellement aimé l'original..., Jan. 18 2010
J'ai tellement aimé ce livre que j'en ai commandé une copie pour prêter à mes amis qui ne parlent pas anglais!

The Tropical Vegan Kitchen: Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Dishes from the Tropics
by Donna Klein
Price: CDN$ 15.16
37 used & new from CDN$ 3.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Flavours from all continents!, Jan. 18 2010
I had another Donna Klein book that I loved so I ordered this one. The recipes are easy and SOOOOO flavourful! She uses lots of chiles, herbs, tropical fruits and nuts, coconut milk, etc... With recipes from the tropical regions of each continents (ex: the caraibes, africa, australia, south-East asia, etc) No animal products but all the bang of tastiness!

Love Soup
Love Soup
by Anna Thomas
Price: CDN$ 17.33
35 used & new from CDN$ 6.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Soup is a meal!, Dec 26 2009
This review is from: Love Soup (Paperback)
A fantastic book to create delicious meals with few ingredients. Most recipes are vegan. I love the green soups, the black bean soups and split pea soups. It is divided in seasons so for now I've only dug into the fall and winter recipes! Deliciously healthy!

Page: 1 | 2