ARRAY(0xbdd7a060)

Profile for Ruth Van Horne > Reviews

Content by Ruth Van Horne

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Ruth Van Horne "Book Worm" (Hamilton, Ontario. Canada)

The Panther
The Panther
by Nelson DeMille
Price: CDN$ 18.80
123 used & new from CDN$ 3.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great DeMille Read, Feb. 5 2013
This review is from: The Panther (Hardcover)
As always Nelson writes this newest book with humour, insight, suspense and makes you want to keep on turning pages. It is interesting that he has chosen to combine three strong characters in one book..........having John Corey, Paul Brenner and Kate all together at once is a really unique concept.

I'm only about half way through the book and am thoroughly enjoying it. I've read every book that Nelson has written and each one is so good I'd be hard pressed to choose a favourite..........one of my favourite authors for sure.

The Litigators
The Litigators
by John Grisham
Price: CDN$ 19.44
114 used & new from CDN$ 0.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Grisham Gripper, Feb. 9 2012
This review is from: The Litigators (Hardcover)
Currently I'm about half way through this book and like all John Grisham books it is a fantastic read. Easy to get acquainted with the characters........wonderful character descriptions.........can almost picture them. A touch of Grisham comedy and the same can't put it down intrigue. I'm constantly waiting for another Grisham book. Don't know what I'd do if I didn't have Grisham, Baldacci, Vince Flynn and Nelson DeMille books to read. Of course many other authors as well, but these are some of my favourites........they never disappoint.

The Complete Keyboard Player: Bk. 1
The Complete Keyboard Player: Bk. 1
by Kenneth Baker
37 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Instruction Book, Feb. 9 2012
This is a great easy to read and understand beginners guide to keyboarding. For some reason I already had book 2 and 3 but not book 1. Had not played for quite a few years and found this book extremely helpful in getting me started again. Will use it to further my self taught lessons.

The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream
The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream
by Barack Obama
Price: CDN$ 20.69
108 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, May 4 2009
This is a timely, insightful look at politics in the U.S. Well written and easy to read and filled with possible solutions to some of the most pressing issues facing America right now. Obama truly does give us the Audacity to Hope........only wish politicians world wide felt and acted like this outstanding man.