Profile for Annie > Reviews

Content by Annie

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Annie (New York, USA)

Titanic (Widescreen)
Titanic (Widescreen)
DVD ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
Offered by More_Than_Machines
Price: CDN$ 29.96
18 used & new from CDN$ 0.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember the ship, April 30 2003
Ce commentaire est de: Titanic (Widescreen) (DVD)
Alright, I can't help it. I have to say something. I have read a bunch of these reviews and I am disgusted. This is a movie that honors the sinking of the Titanic. 1500+ lost their lives and all some of these people can say is "I just wanted the ship to sink so that it would be over" or "What a waste of money". These people are ignorant and unsympathetic. "Titanic" allows the moviegoers of today to see the horrors that people went through on that night. This is a movie that I can't watch often because it is so emotional and tragic. It is a movie that puts the values of life, love, heroism, loss, and death into perspective. I can remember leaving the theater and just forgetting about all the nonsense of everyday life and looking at everything from a different point of view.
My other problem with some of these reviews is that they say that the love story is horrible. I personally thought that it was very well crafted and I think that some people forget that the romance gives us the characters to become emotionally attached to through the film. We can then appreciate the tragedy because the people on the titanic are no longer strangers. They are real people who we care about. The professional critics, by the way, are so funny to me. Some call the public "dumb" and "easily manipulated" for liking this film. Get over yourselves. I've never seen a critic that has written, directed, or starred in a film. I know i'ts their job, but why can't people just like something? Why are we stupid for liking a movie? Give me a break.
Now, my own review of this movie is that it is very well-made and extremely emotional. The movie is fantastic. The music is phenomenal and could tell the story by itself. This is a film that touched me emotionally and made me feel as though I was there on that sinking ship. James Cameron put a lot of heart into this movie and it shows.
For those people with the "Titanic [stinks]" reviews, I think you missed the whole point and definitely missed out on a powerful film.