Profile for Debra Allontonivich > Reviews

Content by Debra Allonton...

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Debra Allontonivich (Moab, UT)

Northern Exposure: The Complete Second Season
Northern Exposure: The Complete Second Season
DVD ~ Rob Morrow
Price: CDN$ 10.99
12 used & new from CDN$ 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally exposed and ready for action, this one, July 18 2005
If you're like me, you're pretty careful what you spend your money one, researching what people have said, what the price is, whether or not you've seen it, read it, or heard about it. You add it all up. I do that with everything and usually I'm not disappointed. The DVD of the FRIENDS season was a sure hit, as was the novel THE BARK OF THE DOGWOOD and my magazine subscription to PEOPLE and SPORTS ILLUSTRATED. So I was pretty sure about EXPOSURE. Yeah, I'd be willing to pay more for fully intact episodes of this phenomenally great TV series, but I'm also realistic enough to know that there are probably not enough people like me out there who are. During the peak of its popularity during its five year run NORTHERN EXPOSURE was a solid ratings hit, but its ratings were never through the roof. Add to that a certain number of its fans have since moved on than having DVD sets with full music could well price the sets so high that there are priced out of the market for all but the diehards and there probably aren't enough of us for expensive sets to be profitable. Sad, but that's they way things are. Besides, licensing costs could well be only part of the problem. It is well within the realm of possibility that Universal simply cannot get the rights to every single song because the copyright holder is not interested in granting permission no matter what the price. Why? There could be any number of reasons. Maybe they did not like the way the song ended up being used in the original episode, maybe the copyright holder is somebody else from when the song was originally licensed, maybe they changed their mind. So, with all of that let me just say that I'll be looking forwarded to adding this set to my DVD collection which already includes seasons one and two. It would be great to have all the original music, but missing a song here, and a song there cannot distract from the fact that this remains one of a handful of greatest TV shows in broadcast history.