Profile for Jonathan > Reviews

Content by Jonathan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Jonathan

When the Headline Is You: An Insider's Guide to Handling the Media
When the Headline Is You: An Insider's Guide to Handling the Media
by Jeff Ansell
Price: CDN$ 22.53
33 used & new from CDN$ 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, great read, great advice, Feb. 10 2012
This book captures in a concise and entertaining format everything that I learned -- and that my board members have learned -- from Jeff Ansell. I was not happy the first time I was in a situation where I had to call Jeff to provide advice. With his guidance, however, we managed our challenges so smoothly that I looked forward to the next challenge. The advice that Jeff provides is practical and do-able. Just look at the example on page 148 about a former Royal Bank CEO squaring off with the little old lady. Guess who won Round 1? You'll realize he teaches you workable and repeatable communications skills AND he also makes you understand that every time you pick up the phone, or get stopped in the hallway, you are negotiating; and then he prepares you to handle it -- to negotiate the situation even when you're not prepared. Jeff is an artist in the negotiation of both everyday communications and crisis communications. This is your book in any walk of life.

- Jonathan Guss was the CEO of the Ontario Medical Asssociation and CEO of Credit Union Central of Ontario.