Profile for Brizzy > Reviews

Content by Brizzy

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Brizzy

The Thick of It: Seasons 1-4
The Thick of It: Seasons 1-4
DVD ~ Various
Price: CDN$ 61.49
22 used & new from CDN$ 50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars So worth the money, Sept. 22 2013
This review is from: The Thick of It: Seasons 1-4 (DVD)
The Thick of It is one of my absolute favourite shows and I've waited a long time for it to be available on DVD in Canada. I was really happy to see all the extras, lots of commentary, deleted scenes and behind the scenes stuff. I have been watching and rewatching the episodes like mad since I got it. Friends have asked to borrow it because they wanted to see why I rave about this show so much but I couldn't bare lending it to anyone, at least not for a while.

Sherlock: The Casebook
Sherlock: The Casebook
by Guy Adams
Price: CDN$ 27.95
28 used & new from CDN$ 13.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tie-in product, Aug. 24 2013
This review is from: Sherlock: The Casebook (Hardcover)
Funny and well written tie-in book. Extra information about the show's production and also Doyle's work. I love the little back-and-forth post-it notes.

Underground Toys 01635 Doctor Who 10th Sonic Screwdriver
Underground Toys 01635 Doctor Who 10th Sonic Screwdriver
Offered by Merchandise24/7
Price: CDN$ 21.95
30 used & new from CDN$ 21.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality could be better, Aug. 24 2013
I knew before buying it that others had complained about the buttons breaking off so I knew what I was buying. However, I didn't expect the little button nub to break off after only handling it for a few minutes. What came next was a couple hours of trying to superglue it back in place without mucking it up. I know it wasn't a big deal to not be able to activate it while retracted but I really couldn't just let it go. I -finally- got the glue to set and now it's perfect.

Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray 8 Ounces
Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray 8 Ounces
Price: CDN$ 12.29
9 used & new from CDN$ 12.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Just 'meh', Aug. 24 2013
I bought this with the Kinky Moves curl cream and I liked that a lot more than this. I think it has a lot more to do with my hair already being wavy and kinda frizzy. I had hoped this would give me looser beach waves but my hair texture just made my hair look messy and wild.

Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream 4 Ounces
Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream 4 Ounces
Offered by Cosmetic Solutions USA
Price: CDN$ 6.89
12 used & new from CDN$ 6.89

4.0 out of 5 stars Would order again, Aug. 24 2013
It gives me nice curls and tames the fly-aways very well. Doesn't make my hair feel stiff either like with mouse.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green
Price: CDN$ 16.94
104 used & new from CDN$ 0.17

4.0 out of 5 stars A surprisingly touching story, Jan. 21 2012
This review is from: The Fault in Our Stars (Hardcover)
I read it in a day and never have I cried my eyes out so much. It was a touching story and I loved Hazel and Augustus' relationship, it felt very real and John did a great job of portraying a real love between teenagers without trivializing it. My only gripe with the story is that the foreshadowing was a bit heavy handed, I felt like I knew what was to come too early on, but then again, the book is only 318 pages long. And perhaps John himself has been too good a mentor in analyzing books. Regardless, I enjoyed it and John dealt with the topics of cancer and death with a sense of humour and humanity.

Camp
Camp
Price: CDN$ 10.00
27 used & new from CDN$ 6.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Donald Glover delivers, Dec 11 2011
This review is from: Camp (Audio CD)
You can tell Donald had a lot of fun making this album and there's a little bit for everyone. I love Heartbeat, Bonfire, Hold You Down, Kids and LES.