Profile for Brizzy > Reviews

Content by Brizzy

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Brizzy

The Thick of It: Seasons 1-4
The Thick of It: Seasons 1-4
DVD ~ Various
Price: CDN$ 63.51
16 used & new from CDN$ 62.95

5.0 out of 5 stars So worth the money, Sept. 22 2013
This review is from: The Thick of It: Seasons 1-4 (DVD)
The Thick of It is one of my absolute favourite shows and I've waited a long time for it to be available on DVD in Canada. I was really happy to see all the extras, lots of commentary, deleted scenes and behind the scenes stuff. I have been watching and rewatching the episodes like mad since I got it. Friends have asked to borrow it because they wanted to see why I rave about this show so much but I couldn't bare lending it to anyone, at least not for a while.

Sherlock: The Casebook
Sherlock: The Casebook
by Guy Adams
Price: CDN$ 17.52
20 used & new from CDN$ 14.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tie-in product, Aug. 24 2013
This review is from: Sherlock: The Casebook (Hardcover)
Funny and well written tie-in book. Extra information about the show's production and also Doyle's work. I love the little back-and-forth post-it notes.

Underground Toys 01635 Doctor Who 10th Sonic Screwdriver
Underground Toys 01635 Doctor Who 10th Sonic Screwdriver
Price: CDN$ 27.99
17 used & new from CDN$ 24.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality could be better, Aug. 24 2013
I knew before buying it that others had complained about the buttons breaking off so I knew what I was buying. However, I didn't expect the little button nub to break off after only handling it for a few minutes. What came next was a couple hours of trying to superglue it back in place without mucking it up. I know it wasn't a big deal to not be able to activate it while retracted but I really couldn't just let it go. I -finally- got the glue to set and now it's perfect.

Not Your Mothers Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray 236 ml
Not Your Mothers Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray 236 ml
Offered by Cosmetic Solutions USA
Price: CDN$ 5.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Just 'meh', Aug. 24 2013
I bought this with the Kinky Moves curl cream and I liked that a lot more than this. I think it has a lot more to do with my hair already being wavy and kinda frizzy. I had hoped this would give me looser beach waves but my hair texture just made my hair look messy and wild.

Not Your Mothers Kinky Moves Hair Cream 120 ml (Curl Define)
Not Your Mothers Kinky Moves Hair Cream 120 ml (Curl Define)
Offered by Cosmetic Solutions USA
Price: CDN$ 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Would order again, Aug. 24 2013
It gives me nice curls and tames the fly-aways very well. Doesn't make my hair feel stiff either like with mouse.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green
Price: CDN$ 14.43
54 used & new from CDN$ 6.14

4.0 out of 5 stars A surprisingly touching story, Jan. 21 2012
This review is from: The Fault in Our Stars (Hardcover)
I read it in a day and never have I cried my eyes out so much. It was a touching story and I loved Hazel and Augustus' relationship, it felt very real and John did a great job of portraying a real love between teenagers without trivializing it. My only gripe with the story is that the foreshadowing was a bit heavy handed, I felt like I knew what was to come too early on, but then again, the book is only 318 pages long. And perhaps John himself has been too good a mentor in analyzing books. Regardless, I enjoyed it and John dealt with the topics of cancer and death with a sense of humour and humanity.

Camp
Camp
Price: CDN$ 11.99
23 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Donald Glover delivers, Dec 11 2011
This review is from: Camp (Audio CD)
You can tell Donald had a lot of fun making this album and there's a little bit for everyone. I love Heartbeat, Bonfire, Hold You Down, Kids and LES.