Profile for Canada > Reviews

Content by Canada

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Canada

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 20 2014
Some others have summed this product up perfectly and that is that every person on the planet should have this. This should be in every car, boat, house and cottage. We (in the West) should be sending these little guys to people in countries and communities that are still using kerosene in their homes for lighting. I have zero complaints about this. The light is bight, the charge holds well and it does charge items (NOT iPHONES). My son charged his Sony MP3 player without issue.

Roku 2 XS Streaming Player - Canadian Version
Roku 2 XS Streaming Player - Canadian Version
Offered by Urban Inspirations
Price: CDN$ 121.23
8 used & new from CDN$ 121.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, March 12 2014
We love our Roku. We also have an Apple TV and to be honest, they cannot be compared. Apple is Apple and it does what Apple wants it (or rather you) do be able to do.

I like the Roku for the UHF remote, the USB port on the side and the apps that are constantly being added. I wish they had some better apps and more features but one could say that about any product. Movie rentals for example would be nice. At the end of the day though, the Roku is a great little device, easy to use and has never let us down.

Norpro Cast Aluminum Tortilla Press
Norpro Cast Aluminum Tortilla Press
Price: CDN$ 17.99
19 used & new from CDN$ 17.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Luck, March 12 2014
We cook, a lot in our family and honestly, we're pretty good at it but after months and months of trying to use this, we still can't get a decent tortilla out of it. I can't recommend this.

Newest AMI MDI MMI/ USB Audio MP3 music interface Adapter for Audi A3/A4/A5/ A6/A8/S4/S6/S8/ Q5/Q7/R8/ TT and Volkswagen Jetta/ GTI/ GLI/ Passat/ CC/ Tiguan/ Touareg/EOS
Offered by POCKET-STORE CA
Price: CDN$ 18.00
9 used & new from CDN$ 15.63

3.0 out of 5 stars It does an okay job, March 12 2014
This will charge your iPhone but it will NOT allow you to play your music through your VW system using the MDI tab. For me it's ok as I stream it over bluetooth but for some it will be an issue so just be aware.

I gave this 3 stars because at least it charges but I was thinking about giving it 2 stars simply because it doesn't do what it says it will do.

TP-LINK TL-WR702N Wireless N150 Travel Router,Nano Size ,Router/AP/Client/Bridge/Repeater Modes ,150Mpbs, USB Powered
Offered by biddeal
Price: CDN$ 29.47
26 used & new from CDN$ 20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., March 12 2014
I took on a new job recently that requires a ton of travel and many many hotel nights. Using my Xbox in a hotel wouldn't normally work because you need to login to hotel networks. This router allowed me to create my own network using the hotel's wired connection and I've been enjoying my Xbox (with Netflix) ever since.

I also am able to plug into offices that only have a wired connection and have my own, secure wireless connection. The range is fantastic considering that this device is smaller than a hockey puck and weighs less than half of one.

Setup is pretty easy, signal is stable and as noted, range is excellent.

My only negative would be that it feels like it's going to break. Still, I give it 5 stars because really, it hasn't broken and so simply feeling fragile doesn't mean it is. Months of travel and it hasn't failed me. I will also add that my co-worker returned her $95 D-Link because it didn't work on our office network and then bought herself the TP-Link.

A side note: I forgot it in the hotel one day and staff said they couldn't find it (yeah right). I ordered another from Amazon, it arrived within 2 days and I just hooked it to my laptop, the new one took on the same settings as the old one and I was ready to go. I may order another one just to have on hand.

Sonos Play:5 All-In-One Wireless Music Player (S5, Black)
Sonos Play:5 All-In-One Wireless Music Player (S5, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Aweome, Dec 4 2012
I cannot say enough about Sonos. I've had mine for almost 2 years. I have 3 S5's (now the Play 5) as well as a controller. First let me say that I love the dedicated controller BUT it's not worth the money. Stick to the free App for your iPad or smartphone.

Now to the music. The sound is amazing. The units all sync up so there is no lag that you would traditionally face after running 50+ feet of speaker wire. That alone is a huge plus. The sound quality is top notch and the availability of music services as also great. In Canada it has taken awhile but now we do have SiriusXM and Rdio. Get a Rdio account and you're laughing.

I cannot say enough about this system.

Olympus Stylus Tough 3000 12 MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Wide Angle Zoom and 2.7-inch LCD (Blue)
Offered by dealkings

3.0 out of 5 stars Great...when it works, April 6 2011
We took our new camera to Mexico to take advantage of the underwater feature. It takes great quality pics both in and out of the water. The number of options for shooting are amazing.

But

On the second last day (with the camera maybe 20 days old) it stopped taking pics. It would still take video but no stills.

There is little to no information online to help and no troubleshooting section of the manual. A software re-install did not help.

If you believe this is a one-off case (which I'm sure it is) then I would highly recommend this camera for the underwater feature alone.

Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect - 4GB with Kinect Edition
Xbox 360 4GB with Kinect - 4GB with Kinect Edition
Offered by Wulf Electronics
Price: CDN$ 289.99
14 used & new from CDN$ 254.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, March 17 2011
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Simply stated this system is a blast. It's well built and fun for all ages. I did end up adding an extra HD to it because I ran out of room on the 4GB drive in one week but adding another drive literally took 3 minutes after watching a YouTube video.

The only downside is this unit gets hot and hot fast. That said, it hasn't caused any problems but I can't stop thinking about it.

In the end I am happy with my purchase.

F1: 2010 - Xbox 360 Standard Edition
F1: 2010 - Xbox 360 Standard Edition
Offered by BEARDOS BAZAAR
Price: CDN$ 10.01
8 used & new from CDN$ 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 17 2011
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Realistic and fun. My favorite game by far. Not too easy, not too hard. My only issue is that once you start a 'career', nobody else can play because they can only 'log-in' as you.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for Little Ones, March 17 2011
Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Right off the bat I will tell you don't buy this expecting your smaller kids to play it. My 5yr old is average height and weight but the frustration this game creates makes it not worth $10. We bought it mostly so she could ride the horse. Kinect sees her just fine as she leans from side to side and jumps. The problem is, she can't get the horse to actually go!

You must throw your hands up then down quickly with the reins. Kinect sees her doing that but I guess her hands are too small or something because she simply cannot make the animal move. Other games within Motionsports give us the same problem. Oddly though, no other Kinect game does.

My other kids like it buy prefer the baisc Kinect Sports to this one.

Page: 1 | 2