Profile for Kaptain Kanada > Reviews

Content by Kaptain Kanada

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Kaptain Kanada

Birth Of The Kingdom: Book Three of the Crusade Trilogy
Birth Of The Kingdom: Book Three of the Crusade Trilogy
by Jan Guillou
13 used & new from CDN$ 1.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Historical Fiction, Nov. 5 2011
The third and final book of the Swedish story of a young man who becomes a Knight Templar in the Holy Land is as gripping as the first two in the series. I recommend all three to anyone interested in the final years of the Crusades and the first years of the modern Swedish state.

The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet
The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet
by Robb Wolf
56 used & new from CDN$ 16.17

5.0 out of 5 stars The Paleo Solution: A Miracle of Uncommon Sense!, March 25 2011
Robb Wolf has written a handbook for living as we are designed to live. He is a superb writer; every page is at once both humorous and informative, and the book is as clear and well-organised as his thinking. To call this a "page turner" is an understatement; it's more of a handbook of health which you will constantly consult and re-read.

Following the diet allows you to eat until you are full -- of the foods which we were designed to eat -- while losing fat steadily. I lost 14 pounds from my waist in as many weeks. Following the advice about rest and exercise, et cetera, will give you renewed youthful strength and energy, too!

I bought copies for my friends and you will likely do the same. This is the best thing ever written about the paleolithic diet and lifestyle. I recommend it to all, regardless of age or (starting) health condition. It will prolong and enrich your life if you follow its rational, logical advice. I am 62 years old and have benefitted from this greatly; I only wish this information and very un-common sense had been around when I was young.

O Holy Night [CD+DVD]
O Holy Night [CD+DVD]
Price: CDN$ 8.71
44 used & new from CDN$ 0.58

5.0 out of 5 stars JACKIE IS FANTABULOSA!, Nov. 17 2010
This review is from: O Holy Night [CD+DVD] (Audio CD)
I just got the first eleven of the approximately thirty copies of "O Holy Night" which I have ordered to date, and I am more than pleased! One copy is for myself, and the rest are going to be Christmas gifts this year. Since some on my list may not have seen Jackie's AGT performances and/or seen her interviewed, the DVD will be a great introduction to this angelic little singer. The CD only has four tracks, but seeing as Jackie had to cut it while doing the AGT Tour, appearing on numerous television shows et cetera, AND trying to keep up with her grade 5 schoolwork, it's a blessing that she found time to prepare such a wonderful holiday gift for us. Besides, there are 5 AGT performances on the DVD, so it's really quite a lot of musical delight.
Everyone on my Christmas list is going to be happy this year. I can safely say that because I don't give gifts to the kind of cretin who wouldn't be able to appreciate Jackie's phenomenal talent.
Those expecting a 24 song double CD may be "disappointed" but Jackie's fans will be delighted with "O Holy Night". JACKIE IS FANTABULOSA!