Profile for Sean Davis > Reviews

Content by Sean Davis

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Sean Davis (Bellingham, WA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Baby on the Car Roof: And 222 More Urban Legends
The Baby on the Car Roof: And 222 More Urban Legends
by Craughwell
29 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Needed more history on the urban legends., March 2 2002
The book is interesting, and fun to read, but it would have been better with more history on where the legends came from. It has a little, but not nearly enough. The book is a nice size (smaller than normal), which makes it a good book to travel with. Great for long car rides with other people. If your looking for a fast fun read this is good, but if you looking for a good book on urban legends, I'd look elseware.

Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
by Stephen King
106 used & new from CDN$ 0.78

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, but does have some nice touches, Feb. 24 2002
This review is from: Dreamcatcher (Hardcover)
This is not the best King book I've ever read, but its a good read that holds your attention, with good charcter development. The end of the book is a little goofy. The best thing about the book was all the refrences to other King books such as "It" and the Gunslinger series.

Bob the Builder: Bob's White Christmas
Bob the Builder: Bob's White Christmas
VHS
6 used & new from CDN$ 0.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the few before..., Jan. 7 2002
My 2 year old son has all the Bob movies, and we got this one for him just before Christmas. Its good, but not as good at the three that came before this one. It seems a little bit of a knock off, as not all the segments have anything to do with Christmas, but my son loves it, so we watch it, and watch it, and watch it...

Eegah (Mystery Science Theater 3000)
Eegah (Mystery Science Theater 3000)
DVD ~ Joel Hodgson
Offered by OMydeals
Price: CDN$ 121.86
7 used & new from CDN$ 34.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Now its making me sick!, Nov. 24 2001
Non stop laughs from begining to end. MST3K is what happens to bad movies when they die, and this is a good example of a bad movie. I love the DVD format. The two versions of the movie are great. That way I can watch it with the comments, or see the unedited version.

The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Amazing Colossal Episode Guide
The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Amazing Colossal Episode Guide
by Inc. Best Brains
14 used & new from CDN$ 46.85

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have for a MST3K fan!, Nov. 22 2001
If you like MST3K at all, you must get this book. I only have 2 complaints about the book. It needs to be updated, and it just should have been longer. Other than that, this book rocks.

The Field Guide to North American Hauntings: Everything You Need to Know About Encountering Over 100 Ghosts, Phantoms, and Spectral Entities
by Haden Blackman
Price: CDN$ 18.40
18 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely set up.., Nov. 22 2001
Well written and easy to read. The set up works well with the material. All in all a good book. Its also a lot of fun!

Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace (Widescreen Edition) [Import]
Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace (Widescreen Edition) [Import]
DVD ~ Ewan McGregor
Offered by thebookcommunity_ca
Price: CDN$ 70.72
12 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars At first I hated it., Nov. 19 2001
When I saw this movie when it first came out, I hated it. What a let down. Then I saw the DVD and watched it a couple of times. Once I got past the convaluted story and the Jar Jar Binks stuff I found that I kind of liked the movie. My 2 year old son seems fasinated by the film, so it cant be that bad.

Travels
Travels
by Michael Crichton
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
55 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm a big Michael Crichton fan, but..., Nov. 11 2001
This review is from: Travels (Mass Market Paperback)
this book just didn't cut it to me. It started out good, but then just kind of lost me. I'm not a big fan of meta-physical stuff, and the last 1/3 of this book is full of it. (In more ways then one...)
Stick to his fiction and you wont be sorry. This book may leave to hanging.

Are You My Mother?
Are You My Mother?
by P.D. Eastman
Price: CDN$ 10.79
232 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars simple and sweet, Nov. 8 2001
This review is from: Are You My Mother? (Hardcover)
While the story is not complex by any means, it's loads of fun for both adults and kids. Every kid, and most adults, can relate to little bird. Who hasnt been lost as a child? What with the happy ending and all, its family fun all around.

In the Mouth of Madness [Import]
In the Mouth of Madness [Import]
VHS

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovecraft would be proud., Nov. 1 2001
This movie takes alot of the best aspects of Lovecrafts stories and puts them on film. If your a fan of H.P. Lovecraft, this is the film for you. If your not familiar with Lovecraft, or not a big fan of horror films, the movie is good but not great. (My wife said it was OK)...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4