Profile for a smart woman > Reviews

Content by a smart woman

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

a smart woman "mausmiss1" (Frankfurt Deutschland)

Jesus Christ Superstar (Widescreen)
Jesus Christ Superstar (Widescreen)
DVD ~ Ted Neeley
Offered by M and N Media Canada
Price: CDN$ 44.28
10 used & new from CDN$ 9.96

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Classic, Feb. 26 2004
I saw this movie with my kids in 1974 at Ft. Bragg, NC when they were 3 and 5 years old. To this day they remember the movie and I recently sent the DVD to my daugther not only as a memory from way-back-when, but because the movie is still fresh and wonderful to watch and listen to. A classic that should be part of every movie collection.

Cuba Confidential: Love and Vengeance in Miami and Havana
Cuba Confidential: Love and Vengeance in Miami and Havana
by Ann Louise Bardach
Price: CDN$ 15.16
31 used & new from CDN$ 0.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, Nov. 14 2003
What a great book!! I used to live in Miami and can tell you that everything she writes about is TRUE. A large group of the exiled community (especially the older ones) dream of a renewed regime a la Batista, where they were able to take advantage of people. I experienced the Elian saga first hand, these people are a bunch of fakes, ungrateful and demanding and ard are portrat perfect in the book!
I would love to go to Cuba and see the REAL cubans.

Stupid White Men
Stupid White Men
by Michael Moore
88 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Humor with bite and truth, Feb. 22 2002
This review is from: Stupid White Men (Hardcover)
I bought this book yesterday and have been unable to put it down! Actually, it just confirms what I had known already. ... How can we know all these facts and not ACT! Thanks Michael - once again - to have the guts and the foresight to show your patriotism by telling the world that indeed the emperor has no clothes on. A great book that belongs in every bookshelf. Hopefully the paperback version will be available soon - so everyone can buy it!!!

Bulworth
Bulworth
VHS
6 used & new from CDN$ 7.91

5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful message clad in comedy, Feb. 6 1999
This review is from: Bulworth (VHS Tape)
The best I have seen on the American film horizon. It figures that this movie did not make it to the big time. I suppose it takes some cleverness to understand. so mainstream - dont bother watching it.