Profile for Neil Roy > Reviews

Content by Neil Roy

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Neil Roy (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Micro SD works as expected, adaptor didn't work for me., May 18 2015
The Micro SD card itself works, but I couldn't get the adapter to work with my computer at all. I bought 4 of these and none of the adapter's work with my computer. It could be my system, but other SD Cards work fine with it so. But the Micro SD works as expected and that's what counts.

Book of Daniel [Import]
Book of Daniel [Import]
Price: CDN$ 11.26
19 used & new from CDN$ 6.24

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth watching., May 18 2015
This review is from: Book of Daniel [Import] (DVD)
Good movie. There are a few spots that do not stick 100% to scripture, but on the whole I liked it. It could be done better though and I prefer it if the producers don't take liberties with scripture. You won't be sorry you bought it I don't think. It's on youtube if you wish to check it out before you buy it (as I did).

VV 8 Inch Rk3168 Dual Core, ARM Cortex-a9, 1.5ghz, Android 4.2.2(jelly Bean) Google Play Pre-load 8gb Flash Hdmi Android Tablet White
Offered by Oak-Technology
Price: CDN$ 79.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Frequent crashes and 1G internal memory for installing (not 8!)., May 18 2015
When I first got it, it ran okay for the first 10 mins, I installed some apps, connected it via USB to my desktop computer,it fully charged the battery and then it started to mess up and eventually crashed and went black. I had to turn it off completely and then back on and it wouldn't come on because it stated the battery was completely drained (I had just got done fully charging it!). So I waited for it to charge (again). And re-installed the apps. It seemed to work okay, though the memory in it is very low. This is supposed to have 8gigs, it has about 1 gig that is usable, and the rest (just over 5G, not 7) is pegged as some sort of internal SDcard. When you install apps, they always go onto the 1Gig memory, of which the operating system is using most of that so you end up with VERY little space free to install anything. I was able to move 3 of the apps I had installed to the 5Gig space (nothing would install onto an external SDcard I had, so that was almost useless). But the unit kept crashing periodically. I managed to figure out it has something to do with going into power saving mode (goes black until you need it again). Once you come back out of that mode to use it again, it will totally crash and you need to turn it off and back on (though I didn't lose apps this time). This is a royal pain as it takes a while to turn back on again from a cold start and I wanted to use this in church to look up bible verses, which is useless if you cannot use it with power saving mode. Their solution to me, reset it and re-install everything! I did that, and it still crashes, so they said they would replace it... but I would have to pay to ship it to them. I shouldn't have to. Anyhow, 1 star, it's useless, I'll never get another Android device again, I'll stick to windows, maybe a Laptop instead.

Excelvan Polarized Sunglasses HD 720P 5MP Mini Camera Digital Video Recorder DV Eyewear Camcorder Audio-Support TF Card Up to 32GB

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, poor quality construction., May 18 2015
The video is okay, but it can be choppy at times so the video just freezes (but you still hear audio) then it will continue a little later. When it does record video the quality isn't too bad and does okay. The glasses themselves are fairly lightweight and comfortable so I do like them as sun glasses. The video file it saves is a huge AVI file which I dislike as the transfer off of this to my computer is very slow. I think a MOV or MP4 format would have been much better, as it is, look forward to around 1/2 hour or longer waits to transfer. The SD card is also very difficult to insert and especially to remove, it gets caught on the glasses frame, I ended up having to use a screwdriver to get it out. When I first got these, one of the glasses lenses fell out, but I was able to insert it back in. The manufacturer offered to replace them, but I would have to mail them back to them at my own expense so I am now recommending anyone buy these unless need a lightweight, comfortable pair of sunglasses.

The Gospel Of  John (Sous-titres français)
The Gospel Of John (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Henry Ian Cusick
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 46.93
9 used & new from CDN$ 28.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully done, you'll watch this more than once!, April 21 2015
I first seen this video on Youtube and I had to own it. What really impressed me is that this sticks faithfully to the scriptures, word for word. It comes with a 3 hour full version which has all the text from the book of John in it, and a 2 hour version DVD with some cut out you won't really notice. I've watched it a few times now. About the only problem I have, aside from the translation used (I would have preferred they use the NIV) was the same problem we see in most of these bible videos, and that is what I call "hippy Jesus". Scriptures clearly indicate that Jesus would have had short hair and he was an average looking Jewish male. The one in this movie looks more Caucasian and certainly not average, but I have come to expect that from these movies. The actor chosen for the part of Jesus done a great job and I felt really portrayed Christ's mercy and emotions rather well. The positive aspects of this far outshine any minor complaints I may have and it earned the 5 stars I give it. This is only the second bible movie which I felt faithfully stuck to scriptures, it is a must have to your bible DVD collection (I also recommend the movie "Joseph" if you're looking for well acted, scripturally accurate movies).

Sleeping With the Enemy (Bilingual) [Import]
Sleeping With the Enemy (Bilingual) [Import]
DVD ~ Julia Roberts
Offered by importcds__
Price: CDN$ 4.77
28 used & new from CDN$ 3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for my wife, she absolutely loves the movie and hasn't gotten bored with this yet., Aug. 13 2014
I bought this for my wife who absolutely loves this movie and has watched it many many times. grab it for yourself if this is your cup of tea, or buy it for a loved one, it has gotten a lot of views here, no complaints at all. Great acting as always by Julia Roberts, very dramatic and moving.

Niv Reference Bible Large Print Leather-Look Black
Niv Reference Bible Large Print Leather-Look Black
by Zondervan
Edition: Imitation Leather
Price: CDN$ 26.95
26 used & new from CDN$ 26.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for loved ones who want to start reading, easy to read and accurate, they won't be scared off by old English, Aug. 13 2014
It was a little heavier than I expected, but made a great gift for a friend of mine. I prefer this translation as it is translated more properly as one cannot simply translate word for word between languages, there are differences one must take into account, and how each culture describes things. For example, in french, the adjective tends to follow a noun, where as in English the adjective comes first. This is also a more up to date translation and some corrections and clarifications have been made over previous versions. People that speak out against this bible will often quote from older translations rather than this one I specifically noted. There are verses missing from this... well, actually, they are in here, but they are usually italisized because older manuscripts do not have those verses meaning that someone other than the original author added them in, this is often pointed out by people who do not like the NIV, but the fact is, other translations (like the KJV and NKJV) leave verses in which were added by someone else. In any case, they are in here so you won't miss out on t hem, but they are marked. I highly recommend this version. I find no single translation is perfect so I recommend you also buy Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and other translations (like the NKJV which can word things differently, sometimes better). Also pray for wisdom, I did and it really did help a lot. God bless.

3 Invisible Ink Spy Pen with Built in UV Light Magic Marker Secret Message
3 Invisible Ink Spy Pen with Built in UV Light Magic Marker Secret Message
Offered by Fair Fly--Ships From Hong Kong
Price: CDN$ 2.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected., Aug. 13 2014
Works as expected. Each pen has a light on it that shows the writing up nicely. The light doesn't illuminate a huge area, but that's okay, I actually bought a UV flashlight which works better, but for the price, they're nice. You really can only use these on paper though. Smooth surfaces it tends to smudge off, so keep that in mind.

Ledwholesalers UV Protecting Adjustable Safety Glasses Yellow Tint,7821
Ledwholesalers UV Protecting Adjustable Safety Glasses Yellow Tint,7821
4 used & new from CDN$ 10.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, blocks UV well (tested), shipping was reasonable. No complaints., Aug. 13 2014
Works as expected, I tested them with a UV flashlight and they blocked most of the light, so they work well. Shipping was reasonable and they are comfortable to wear.

Genuine Replacement Cable for SENNHEISER HD212 HD212-Pro HD477 HD497 eH250 eH350 Headphones
Offered by AUDIOEQUIP
Price: CDN$ 26.89
2 used & new from CDN$ 24.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, fast shipping, no problems., Aug. 13 2014
Saved my precious headphones for another day. I actually didn't know the cord detached and thought when the cord was broken I had lost my phones until I accidentally unplugged it! heheh... anyhow, I was immensely pleased to be able to buy this. Shipping was fast, I had no problems at all. Very pleased.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4