Profile for Neil Roy > Reviews

Content by Neil Roy

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Neil Roy (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Neiko 9-LED 400nM Ultra Violet UV Compact Aluminum Flashlight, 3AAA - Black
Neiko 9-LED 400nM Ultra Violet UV Compact Aluminum Flashlight, 3AAA - Black
Offered by eToolsCityCA
Price: CDN$ 1.57
2 used & new from CDN$ 1.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, May 4 2014
It didn't take long to get this once I placed the order. The price listed was cheap, $1.50, but after shipping & handling plus taxes, the cost ended up being over $17 which seemed fairly steep considering the original cost, so buyer beware.

G.I. Type P-51 Can Opener - 10 Pack
G.I. Type P-51 Can Opener - 10 Pack
Offered by Hobbytoolsupply
Price: CDN$ 9.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 6.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, June 20 2012
These are garbage. They are too thin, when I tried them on a can they wouldn't cut through the metal very well, or at all and ended up bending after barely moving around the can.

I have used something like this in the past, one from an actual World War 2 vet and it worked really well, I preferred it over a normal can opener, but this isn't the same deal. It is horrible and utterly useless. Don't waste your money.

D-Link EBR-2310 Ethernet Broadband Router (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
D-Link EBR-2310 Ethernet Broadband Router (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
4 used & new from CDN$ 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy To Use, May 26 2012
The price is right, it does what it says it will. I had a simple hub before this, all wired so when I seen this router I was pleased, it was wired, I already had everything in place to use it, just needed to switch the two boxes. It was simple and easy to set up, has a firewall built in. I was transferring files between computers in no time, one is running XP the other running Windows 7 with no troubles. Not sure what else I can say, does what it says, and does it well, zero problems with it.

The Making of Prince of Persia: Journals 1985 - 1993
The Making of Prince of Persia: Journals 1985 - 1993
by Jordan Mechner
Price: CDN$ 18.24
18 used & new from CDN$ 15.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Put It Down!, May 26 2012
One of the best books I have purchased in a very long time. I am an amateur game developer and a big fan of the game "Prince of Persia" so I was very interested in getting my hands on this book. I was rather surprised when I read this that it wasn't as technical as I thought it would be, but rather it was more of the life story of Jordan as he struggled with what to do with his life around the time he worked on this game. It was very enlightening on what he went through publishing this and other games, how things were with the industry in general. The business aspect of things plus his own personal life. It ended up being a great read that I simply couldn't put down. I finished reading this book a day and a 1/2 after I got it in the mail. Jordan also has a subtle sense of humour that I loved, I found myself laughing out loud at several spots. This is well worth buying. Especially when you consider that I have rarely finished reading books in my life.

Butterfly Effect [Import]
Butterfly Effect [Import]
DVD ~ Ashton Kutcher
Price: CDN$ 13.97
47 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent movie!, Jan. 6 2011
This review is from: Butterfly Effect [Import] (DVD)
I absolutely loved this movie! The DVD contains two different endings, my favorite ending (without giving it away) is the one where he is.... a baby. But both are good. The entire story is based on the concept that something as simple as a butterfly flapping it's wings could eventually (through a series of events) cause a hurricane somewhere in the world. Now go back in time and kill the butterfly off and how would that eventually effect the world? It's an interesting concept and makes for a great story, Ashton plays a character that can change things and the effects of small changes in the future are fairly big. It's a story that will keep you wondering until the end how things will end up.

Well worth buying, I have watched this one several times now.

Pieces of Time
Pieces of Time
DVD ~ Dwight Yoakam
Price: CDN$ 21.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 18.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Videos, Jan. 6 2011
This review is from: Pieces of Time (DVD)
This is one of my favourite DVDs of his. It has some of his best music videos. Dwight has some really good videos to his songs generally and this has been played a lot at my home, both on the VHS tape, and now the DVD, it's a collection I simply had to make certain I had on DVD and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys his music.

2011 Canadian Weather Trivia Calendar
2011 Canadian Weather Trivia Calendar
by David Phillips
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational calender, Jan. 6 2011
I bought this for my wife, who loves anything weather related and she likes this a lot. It comes with a large poster than explains all the various cloud types as well as weather trivia on the calender etc. A nice, fun, educational calender for people who are interested in the weather.

Time Machine (2002) (Bilingual)
Time Machine (2002) (Bilingual)
DVD ~ DVD
9 used & new from CDN$ 4.36

5.0 out of 5 stars A really nice story., Jan. 6 2011
I absolutely loved this version of The Time Machine. The temporal paradox thrown into the tale makes the story all that much better and the special effects were beautifully done. The time machine itself is an amazing prop, mixed with the right special effects and it looks great. One of my favourite scenes was watching the moon break up. Everything about this version was well done. I watched a little of the old 60's version and what a difference.

If you're a fan of Time Travel movies you won't be disappointed with this. I loved the ending of the movie, very touching. This is one of those movies that doesn't collect dust, at least not in my home.

Well worth buying.

Footloose (Bilingual)
Footloose (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Kevin Bacon
Offered by OMydeals
Price: CDN$ 48.73
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless movie, June 23 2010
This review is from: Footloose (Bilingual) (DVD)
This is a movie that has been around a while now, but it is still a great movie to watch. One thing that I really enjoyed about this DVD was the extras on it. It has interviews with some of the actors and creators that revealed some fascinating information about this movie and it's production. This movie was very cheap to make (compared to other movies of the day) and surprisingly this is based on a TRUE story! They even show the original town where this story was based on just to name a few things on this. It's well worth buying, if you loved this movie, you'll certainly want to own this, especially for the extras, you won't be disappointed.

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
DVD ~ DVD
Price: CDN$ 15.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Never a dull moment, June 23 2010
This is one of my favourite movies. You never have a boring moment in it. Lots of action as the Captain of a British navel ship (Russell Crowe) chases an enemy around the tip of South America, determined to catch him. There are some brilliantly done scenes in this award winning film with very well done acting. You'll laugh, cry, cheer but one thing you don't get... bored. There's no bad language in this, no nudity... just a damn good movie that you'll want to watch over and over again. I have nothing bad to say about it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3