Profile for L. Graham > Reviews

Content by L. Graham

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

L. Graham "-- lmg --" (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)

The Desert Spear: Book Two of The Demon Cycle
The Desert Spear: Book Two of The Demon Cycle
by Peter V. Brett
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 8.54
48 used & new from CDN$ 2.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read!, April 11 2014
I was delighted to find The Desert Spear was already available after finishing The Warded Man because I couldn't wait to dive into it! I was looking forward to continuing with Arlen's perspective, so I was a bit disappointed to switch gears to Jardir's perspective. My disappointment did not last long, however, as the back story unfolded into a wonderful look at another culture in Brett's world. The Desert Spear added another layer to The Warded Man and enriched my understanding of how the world worked. I am thoroughly enjoying this series and can't wait for the next instalment!

The Warded Man: Book One of The Demon Cycle
The Warded Man: Book One of The Demon Cycle
by Peter V. Brett
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.89
67 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, April 11 2014
I've been catching up on my fantasy reading lately and most of the books I've been reading have just been okay; however, I was hooked on the series by the end of this book and couldn't wait to find out what happened next.

There are a lot of significant characters in the book, so there is significant independent back stories. I thought it was similar to how Tolkien takes the reader from Frodo and Sam to the other members of the Fellowship in Lord of the Rings albeit the scene changes much more quickly and the characters are separate for much of the book. I was excited to see how the characters would meet and what would happen once they did. It took a long time for the characters to start crossing paths, and I was not disappointed when it started to occur.

I'd recommend this book for avid fantasy readers. I loved the book so much I bought it for my brother's birthday, and I'm confident he will enjoy it as well!

Presente
Presente
Price: CDN$ 13.99
28 used & new from CDN$ 10.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new work!, Jan. 2 2014
This review is from: Presente (Audio CD)
I heard Bajofondo many years ago on the radio (I believe it was soon after the release of Mar Dulce) and fell in love; however, I had a hard time tracking them down and eventually gave up. When this album first came out and I heard one of the tracks on the radio, I wasn't letting them get away from me again.

I was expecting a purely instrumental album and was a bit disappointed when I listened through the first time and there were some tracks with vocals. After listening to the album a few more times, though, it started to grow on me. Watch out - once this album has captivated you, there's no going back! It hasn't been out of my car since soon after I got it and it's not going away any time soon (unless I feel the urge to listen to it in the house).

After listening to this album for awhile, I borrowed Mar Dulce from the library and found Presente to be a step up from their previous work. Both albums are great, but I felt Presente to be perhaps a bit more sophisticated than Mar Dulce. That said, both are great.

Overall, I highly recommend Presente for anyone looking for some sexy electronic tango influenced music.

Fox Run 3683 Dog Bone Cookie Cutter Set
Fox Run 3683 Dog Bone Cookie Cutter Set
Price: CDN$ 5.49
6 used & new from CDN$ 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute!, Jan. 2 2014
I bought this set unsure of what size I would need for my family's mid-sized dog. I would have to say that the three sizes of cutters are probably about the right size for small, medium, and large dogs. That said, I made both medium and large cookies for our dog. For very large dogs, I would wonder if the largest cutter of this set is big enough. As for the construction, the seams are very obvious and I could see them being the failing point - hopefully not for many years! That said, I'm very pleased with this set and I'll definitely be using it a lot!

Light the Horizon
Light the Horizon
Price: CDN$ 11.94
18 used & new from CDN$ 8.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, Feb. 27 2011
This review is from: Light the Horizon (Audio CD)
I borrowed this album from the library and after the first song and a half, I HAD to own it. This album is definitely very different from previous Bedouin Soundclash albums, but I absolutely love it. The instrumentation particularly caught my attention. You will not regret getting this album!

Zooropa
Zooropa
Price: CDN$ 15.29
78 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Different, but good, June 10 2010
This review is from: Zooropa (Audio CD)
I purchased this product because the songs sounded different from all the other U2 I have heard. I fell in love with a few of the songs on youtube, and I just had to have the whole album. This is definitely a different sound than regular U2 - more electronic in nature, which is what drew me to the album. I love U2's classic sounds, and this album just brought a bit of variety into my collection. Definitely recommend it!