Profile for Paris A. > Reviews

Content by Paris A.

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Paris A. "flow_97" (New York, NY)

Page: 1 | 2
Bel Canto
Bel Canto
by Ann Patchett
133 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best written books I've ever read!, June 30 2003
Ce commentaire est de: Bel Canto (Paperback)
I was instantly drawn in and seduced by the language of the book. Beginning to end I loved every word. I found the ending to be arbupt and weird, but overall I loved this book.

Night Before
Night Before
by Lisa Jackson
78 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow moving and not enthralling, April 3 2003
Ce commentaire est de: Night Before (Mass Market Paperback)
I wanted something with intrigue and mystery, a real page turner I wouldn't be able to put down. Something where I'd be dying to know who the killer was, and eager to get to the end. I can't finish it. I'm bored to death. I don't even care who did it. It didn't [draw] me in at all. I keep waiting for it to really get rolling.

Narcissus in Chains
Narcissus in Chains
85 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, April 3 2003
This book focuses on Anita's place among the lycanthropes. She is the queen of the wereleopard pack, and comes face to face with another pack of wereleopards, and their king, Micah, who she feels oddly connected to. She is dealing with walking away from Richard once and for all. She's dealing with her mounting feelings for Jean-Claude. And she's accepting her place among the leopards she cares for and leads. Many people were disappointed. I thought it was very well done and takes things to a whole new level.

Obsidian Butterfly
Obsidian Butterfly
91 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but no vampires or werewolves, April 3 2003
This book, again, takes palce away from home for Anita. she goes to help Edward, her bounty-hunter friend, solve a case. It's a very good book because you get to know more about Edward and his life. It's a not so good bok because it's entirely different from the books before this, which involve more vampires and werewolves. This book reads as more of a typical mystery gory thriller. But it was very well done.

Blue Moon
Blue Moon
83 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite but good nonetheless, April 3 2003
Ce commentaire est de: Blue Moon (Mass Market Paperback)
Circus of the Damnded and Burnt Offerings are probably the two best in the series so far, but this one is very good. The reason I think I liked it less is I missed Jean-Claude. Like Bloody Bones, in this book, Anita leaves home. She goes to rescue Richard who has been arrested. Jean-Claude cannot go with her. This book is good. There's a lot of mystery and new characters, and Anita rekindles her romance with Richard. But overall I was left wanting more vampires and less Richard, who just draisn you.

Burnt Offerings
Burnt Offerings
87 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Up until now, the best, April 3 2003
This book has a lot of plots and a lot of characters, but it's excelelnt. Anita has chosen Jean-Claude over Richard, though, of course, she can't just walk away from Richard altogether. It's never easy for her. A visiting council of vampires has come to town to investigate Jean-Claude and his group, including Anita and Jean-Claude. I loved that this book ended some storylines but also took things in new directions.

The Killing Dance
The Killing Dance
88 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Just keeps getting better, April 3 2003
Anita is being hunted this time, and she learns that wehn Edward, her bounty-hunter friend, turns up to say he was offered the contract. Who's hunting her becomes second to her continuing relationships with both Richard and Jean-Claude. She finally comes to terms with her life and who she really is. Richard deals with internal pack relations, that Anita is, of course, involved in. All the while Jean-Claude is right there. I love him.

Bloody Bones
Bloody Bones
86 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, April 3 2003
Ce commentaire est de: Bloody Bones (Mass Market Paperback)
All of the Anita Blake books are gory, but I recall this one as being one of the most gory, but I could just be remmebering it wrong. In this one Anita goes away for a job, and gets to spend some one-on-one time with Jean-Claude, without Richard around to get in the way. Jean-Claude comes to help Anita deal with a vampire murderer. This book was great, and i liked the fact that, not only did it take you away from anita's normal life in St. Louis, but it also let you see her relationship with Jean-Claude grow closer.

The Lunatic Cafe
The Lunatic Cafe
86 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, April 3 2003
This book gives you a good look at the were-community. Werewolves, wereleopards, wererats. We've met them before but now we see how the pack works and the power-plays that matter. Like the vampires, in so many ways, these communities live within their own separate set of rules that are above the rules of the outside world. Anita gets sucked into helping the werewolves, and at the same time deals with her two romances...Richard, who has her heart, and Jena-Claude, who she has to be with as well. Also, you meet Edward for real, Anita's vampire-hating, bounty hunter friend. He's fun. This fourth installment definitely moves the series along and helps more firmly establish Hamilton's world.

Circus of the Damned
Circus of the Damned
97 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars this is where it all gets going, April 3 2003
I liked the first two books in this series, but after this third one, I couldn't stop reading until I'd finished (at that time) all ten. This book brings us right into the heart of tha vampires. Jean-Cluade is king now, and wants Anita for himself. She has other plans, but she also doesn't want to be forced to be with another vampire, Alejandro. Anita meets Richard, a werewolf, and they start their romance. This book was fantastic and I was completely sucked into the whole series finally.

Page: 1 | 2