Profile for Paris A. > Reviews

Content by Paris A.

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Paris A. "flow_97" (New York, NY)

Page: 1 | 2
Bel Canto
Bel Canto
by Ann Patchett
164 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best written books I've ever read!, June 30 2003
This review is from: Bel Canto (Paperback)
I was instantly drawn in and seduced by the language of the book. Beginning to end I loved every word. I found the ending to be arbupt and weird, but overall I loved this book.

Night Before
Night Before
by Lisa Jackson
69 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow moving and not enthralling, April 3 2003
I wanted something with intrigue and mystery, a real page turner I wouldn't be able to put down. Something where I'd be dying to know who the killer was, and eager to get to the end. I can't finish it. I'm bored to death. I don't even care who did it. It didn't [draw] me in at all. I keep waiting for it to really get rolling.

Obsidian Butterfly
Obsidian Butterfly
97 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but no vampires or werewolves, April 3 2003
This book, again, takes palce away from home for Anita. she goes to help Edward, her bounty-hunter friend, solve a case. It's a very good book because you get to know more about Edward and his life. It's a not so good bok because it's entirely different from the books before this, which involve more vampires and werewolves. This book reads as more of a typical mystery gory thriller. But it was very well done.

Blue Moon
Blue Moon
84 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite but good nonetheless, April 3 2003
This review is from: Blue Moon (Mass Market Paperback)
Circus of the Damnded and Burnt Offerings are probably the two best in the series so far, but this one is very good. The reason I think I liked it less is I missed Jean-Claude. Like Bloody Bones, in this book, Anita leaves home. She goes to rescue Richard who has been arrested. Jean-Claude cannot go with her. This book is good. There's a lot of mystery and new characters, and Anita rekindles her romance with Richard. But overall I was left wanting more vampires and less Richard, who just draisn you.

Burnt Offerings
Burnt Offerings
86 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Up until now, the best, April 3 2003
This book has a lot of plots and a lot of characters, but it's excelelnt. Anita has chosen Jean-Claude over Richard, though, of course, she can't just walk away from Richard altogether. It's never easy for her. A visiting council of vampires has come to town to investigate Jean-Claude and his group, including Anita and Jean-Claude. I loved that this book ended some storylines but also took things in new directions.

The Killing Dance
The Killing Dance
86 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Just keeps getting better, April 3 2003
Anita is being hunted this time, and she learns that wehn Edward, her bounty-hunter friend, turns up to say he was offered the contract. Who's hunting her becomes second to her continuing relationships with both Richard and Jean-Claude. She finally comes to terms with her life and who she really is. Richard deals with internal pack relations, that Anita is, of course, involved in. All the while Jean-Claude is right there. I love him.

Bloody Bones
Bloody Bones
104 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, April 3 2003
All of the Anita Blake books are gory, but I recall this one as being one of the most gory, but I could just be remmebering it wrong. In this one Anita goes away for a job, and gets to spend some one-on-one time with Jean-Claude, without Richard around to get in the way. Jean-Claude comes to help Anita deal with a vampire murderer. This book was great, and i liked the fact that, not only did it take you away from anita's normal life in St. Louis, but it also let you see her relationship with Jean-Claude grow closer.

Circus of the Damned
Circus of the Damned
108 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars this is where it all gets going, April 3 2003
I liked the first two books in this series, but after this third one, I couldn't stop reading until I'd finished (at that time) all ten. This book brings us right into the heart of tha vampires. Jean-Cluade is king now, and wants Anita for himself. She has other plans, but she also doesn't want to be forced to be with another vampire, Alejandro. Anita meets Richard, a werewolf, and they start their romance. This book was fantastic and I was completely sucked into the whole series finally.

The Laughing Corpse
The Laughing Corpse
103 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good second book, April 3 2003
This book keeps up the momentum from the first, while also letting us learn more about Anita. Who she is, what her values are, what that means, etc. We also see the dark side of her job as an animator. It really helps set a solid stage for future character development on her part. It's a good second chapter to this incredible series.

Guilty Pleasures
Guilty Pleasures
124 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent start, April 3 2003
Alright here's the set-up, paranormal beings (vampires, were-animals, zombies, etc.) do exist in our modern day world and they have recently been recognized as being a minority class of citizens in this country. They can own property and vote, etc. Because of their status, and their ebing different, they are ostracized to a degree. Anita Blake is an animator (raises the dead) and part time vampire bounty hunter. She comes to know Jean-Claude, a vampire, as well s other vampires, in St. Louis, where this all takes place. It's a good start, setting up the storyline, for the many books to come.

Page: 1 | 2