4.0 out of 5 stars
Eclectic Paradise, Nov. 9 2002
Where to start... but to say that JT came through on the promises he made earlier this year. This album would be totally different from the 'N Sync stuff he had been doing and thereby more in line with his own musical preferences. Well.. he hooked up with the best in the business (Timbaland :'Mr. JT now what you got for me' and the Neptunes: 'Let me introduce a friend of mine... and he goes by the name..Justin).
Justin made a true daring leap of faith and risk by making (and co-writing) this album. To me it showed courage and strength.This CD won't leave my player for some time:
1. Senorita -- 'have to hear it a few times before really getting it'
2. Like I love you -- 'needs no introduction; great catchy song with nice staccatos'
3. (Oh no) What you got -- 'one of the best songs on the album, nice oriental beat (vintage Timbaland) combined with smashing vocals and lyrics (vintage Timberlake)'
4. Take it from here -- 'Okay song not brilliant but easy listening all the same'
5.Cry me a river -- 'again haunting beat with good hard hitting lyrics'
6.Rock your body -- 'good song, heavily borrowed though from MJ's glory years in the eighties'
7.Nothin'Else 'best ballad on the album, killer vibe with that beat and the add libs of Justin or on the money'
8. Last Night -- 'nice Neptunes stigma; Justin does the lyrics Justice, totally Justified'
9.Still on the brain -- 'not too crazy about this song; guess Justin went a little overboard on the eclectic beat here'
10.(And she said) Take me now -- 'slamming start of the song, Janets soft angelic vocals are a bonus, the track's got Jacksons written all over it though, but that's alright'
11.Right for me-- 'great song, gripping beats and strong unmistakeble directive lyrics, like that'.
12. Let's take a ride -- 'up beat, again guaranteed to keep you moving'
13. Never again -- 'good 'you did me wrong' song with breathtaking timing of vocals, Justin hits it on the nose and 'she only had to apologize' well what's that about... I wonder'.
All in all great effort and (in my opinion)'grammy nomination'material. He went out and approaced the craft 'out of the norm' Got to love that.....
GO OUT AND BUY IT!!!