Profile for Dan B > Reviews

Content by Dan B
Top Reviewer Ranking: 294

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Dan B (Montreal, Canada)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Windows 7 Vista XP Media Center MCE PC Remote Control and Infrared Receiver for Home, Premium and Ultimate Edition
Offered by Gigacity
Price: CDN$ 15.98
2 used & new from CDN$ 15.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Plug and play, Oct. 19 2014
Very satisfied, works out of the box, no setup needed. I am using this with my Ouya and XBMC.

Vantec 3.5-Inch 4 Bays Sata to Usb 3.0 and Esata External Hard Drive Enclosure with Fan NST-640SU3-BK
Price: CDN$ 108.98
10 used & new from CDN$ 108.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product for the price, Oct. 19 2014
Great product for the price. Currently housing three 3 TB drives and working perfectly. Using this device to expand my home theater setup. I am streaming HD video from my PC upstairs to my Ouya/XBMC (plugged to my TV) downstairs, no stutter, quick response time. I would suggest this to anyone who needs to expand their HD capacity.

Cons:
-somewhat flimsy, but if you don't need to carry it around, perfectly fine
-not recognized if plugged directly into the Ouya (although the product is not at fault here)
-the instructions are pretty basic, I could see people having trouble figuring out what to do
-if not used for several hours, tends to 'go to sleep'. You need to go wake it up for accessing files, annoying if you have a home network and are not in the same room as the device.

Monoprice 3ft MFi Certified LightningTM to USB Charge/ Sync Cable for iPad, iPhone, and iPod - White
Offered by Festivebuy
Price: CDN$ 20.99

5.0 out of 5 stars cheaper than the original, May 26 2014
works great, charges my iPad air and iPhone 5S without a hitch. Definitely cheaper than buying the official apple cable.

OUYA Console and Controller - Aluminum Edition
OUYA Console and Controller - Aluminum Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars great device, May 26 2014
I bought this console to use XBMC. I wanted a hassle free way to stream my content from the computer to the TV downstairs. XBMC works perfectly, no lag whatsoever. For this 79.99, this was a steal. The OUYA plays HD content, dvd iso's, pretty much anything I throw at it. Later down the road I will try more apps, but as a media device, the OUYA excels.

Tech Armor iPhone 5 Premium High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector [3-Pack] - Retail Packaging

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price., April 8 2014
I was a bit skeptical of these screen protectors considering the price. I wasted one when trying to apply it, luckily this package comes with 3. I applied the second one perfectly and have a spare for later. You are not getting the quality of iShield screen protectors, but this is the best bang for your buck.

Holmes HAOF87BLZUC - Powerful Blizzard blade and motor combination provides personal cooling during the hot and humid summer months. Compact design and footprint and simple elegant styling makes this fan ideal for table top use at home or in the office.
Offered by biddeal
Price: CDN$ 44.90
14 used & new from CDN$ 24.78

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth the price, April 8 2014
The fan makes a weird noise, very cheaply built, fragile plastic. I expected more. I would send this back in as defective, but price of shipping is worth more than the fan.

StarTech 1 Port PCI 10/100/1000 32 Bit Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter Card (ST1000BT32)
Price: CDN$ 14.28
26 used & new from CDN$ 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars plug in and go, April 8 2014
What is there to say, very easy to install, takes up minimal space, did not even need to install the drive (windows 8 64 bit).

Marpac Dohm-DS Dual Speed Sound Conditioner
Marpac Dohm-DS Dual Speed Sound Conditioner
Price: CDN$ 57.65
10 used & new from CDN$ 57.65

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty disappointed., Feb. 20 2014
I decided to impulse buy this product since it had so many good reviews. I’ve always slept with a small desk fan since the white noise helped me sleep. Recently, the fan gave out and I have been looking for a replacement. I ordered the Marpac sound conditioner with high hopes. Unfortunately, the device makes a very annoying metallic ‘whirring’ sound. It’s very distinct. My wife usually sleeps through everything (including out insane upstairs neighbor), but even she couldn’t stand the sound of it. I decided to order a second device since I figured ours was defective. No such luck. The second device was even worse.

Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows
Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows
Price: CDN$ 59.95
38 used & new from CDN$ 43.00

5.0 out of 5 stars No hassle, Aug. 19 2013
Great controller. I am running Windows 8 and this controller was plug in and play. I had no use for the CD, windows detected the device right away and installed the appropriate driver. The one flaw is that there is no off switch. To turn off the controller, I slightly pop out the battery cover then push it back in.

Trudeau 5-Peice Measuring Spoons
Trudeau 5-Peice Measuring Spoons

5.0 out of 5 stars They are spoons, July 30 2013
They are measuring spoons, I use them to measure things. That's all I can say. Would recommend to anyone who wishes to measure things with spoons.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5