Profile for Matthew Blom > Reviews

Content by Matthew Blom

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Matthew Blom "Moby" (Maple Ridge, B.C, Canada)

MacGyver: Season 4
MacGyver: Season 4
DVD ~ Richard Dean Anderson
Price: CDN$ 21.98
32 used & new from CDN$ 9.08

4.0 out of 5 stars MacGuyver...The Classic, Dec 26 2006
This review is from: MacGyver: Season 4 (DVD)
MacGuyver will always hold a special place in my heart. It all began when I was three years old and awoke to a giant rumbling sound outside our little five acre house hidden in the woods, on the outskirts of Vancouver, B.C., Canada.

A truck carrying a gigantic EMP, from the episode "Easy Target", had made a wrong turn trying to find the shooting location, a store only three hundred metres down the road. I remember my parents helping the driver to back the truck up our long driveway. For a three year old who loved action a 20 foot long laser gun left a permanent impression.

Following years of watching that single taped episode of "Easy Target" as I became an adult I realized how cool the show was. I invested in Season 4, in order to have a DVD copy of Easy Target so I can show them the truck from my story. What I discovered was a classic show, that fairly consistantly entertained.

Owning three seasons so far (4,5,6) Season 4 was definatly my favorite. However no episode of MacGuyver has lived up to the scope of "Easy Target" which had the feel and drama of a mini-movie.

One of the joys of MacGuyver has been seeing many of the local areas I grew up in. Just two days ago in Season 6 I saw an episode "Humanity" Where a gun battle takes place in the forest connected to ours. A forest we had our own paintball gun battles many years later. Having since moved, MacGuyver offers nostalgia to me that it could offer few others. And I'm happy it offers good drama...with a bit of family history.

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy - GameCube
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy - GameCube
3 used & new from CDN$ 80.00

5.0 out of 5 stars People MUST see this game for what it is, Aug. 14 2002
Guantlet: DL is a great multi platform game
blending elements of games such as Diablo and Dungeons and Dragons into a crisp and more action oriented package. That is not to say they skimp on the RPG elements, however, This game is
packed with magic, potions, items, and adventures...as well as
awsome Boss fights. It's also improved greatly on the Gamecube with an expanded inventory system and MORE items. The music is great and changes level to level, the graphics could be better
but hey Diablo ain't no prize in that catagory either. BUT I think all to often people treat this game as it has to live up to Bladur's gate or Dungeons and dragons when all it wants to do is be a great, immersive, and did I mention BIG RPG adventure. Something it does perfectly.